New 52

So, i just finished Futures End
I'm downloading Earth 2 - Worlds End (i know, i should've read it first but well) and Convergence right now
Before that, i've read Justice League, Forever Evil

What should i think about? I'm interested in almost every character in the DC universe. I liked the JL=gods stuff, Brainiac (even if underused) and the ending in FE, loved Fifty Sue (wew i'm so edgy)...
I haven't read pre-new52 comics but it's fine i know the main characters

I wondered what i should try next. Please help me. Thanks

>Future's End
>World's End
>Convergence
Just click "Stop" on your download right now.

How about you read some good comics instead

This

>>Convergence
Tie-ins are good.

>what did he mean by that
i thought it was fine, ok not awesome but it was ok and fills the time i spend commuting

What's worth reading, in your opinion?

>What should I think about it?

My favorite meme.

And, Earth-2 went to nearly complete shit after Robinson left, and it did go to shit entirely after Scott's god-tier art went away.

Jesus Christ, what a shitshow.

This. They are mostly bad comics. If you must read anything, some of the Convergence tie-ins are ok. But after you read like 3 they get repetitive. The main book also makes no sense at all.

You should just start reading some ongoings. I don't think any of the stuff you liked really went anywhere in particular, but Morrison's Action run had some Brainiac stuff that you might find interesting.

Action Comics
Lois and Clark
Batman Beyond (if you really liked Future's end, it take place after)
Animal Man
Swamp Thing
Batman and Robin
Geoff John's Curse of Shazam
Martian Manhunter
Omega Men
Doomed

>What's worth reading, in your opinion?
Speaking seriously, Earth-2 in the beginning under Robinson was pretty good. After him and especially during World's End it gets pretty terrible. So I'd check out the early issues if you haven't already.

Some of the Convergence tie-ins like Shazam are excellent, but the rest and the main book are not.

I'm sure someone can post up a general New-52 rec list if that's the era you're looking at reading right now.

Another great meme is dumbasses not being able to read.

hue.

Here's the New 52 recommendation image I found from a previous thread.

Since you already read a weekly that wasnt that great imo, try 52 the weekly series from like 10 years ago, its really good and focuses on b and c list characters

There's new 52 stuff worth checking out, but mainly I'd say you should not be afraid to read pre-new 52 stuff. There's a lot of reccs images around. 5 years is such a small window to limit yourself to.

Since you liked Johns' Forever Evil his early 00s Flash run is villain focused and you'll probably like it.

Read
-DC One Million and the tie ins.
It is the only event worth a fuck.
-52 it covers a ton of the more obscure guys, and it sounds to me like it would be your kind of thing.

If you like older stuff
Morrisons JLA is pretty good, but it borrows heavily from Kirby and others.
Simonson's Orion
Much older
The Kirby stuff.
Kirby's Demon,

Thanks for the recommandations guys

Do you know a website where i can check orders and "prerequisites" ? I always feel like i missed something, even if everything is clear since there are so many stories and crossovers there are some obscure references and tie-ins

Unless it's a direct crossover you'll be kind of ok without a specific order. If there is something that happened elsewhere that you need to know for a particular story it generally gets recapped. The only thing you need to be careful about is making sure you start at the beginning of a particular run (and where a creator starts is generally listed on their wikipedia page). Also comicvine and probably some other sites can help for specific issues in an arc, that kind of thing if you want to double check.

But don't overthink it and don't force continuity. Often sense of timeline stuff you'll pick up as you go along. Even if you start at a character's #1 there will probably be past adventures that get mentioned as having occurred offscreen, you'll never know everything and that's ok.

yeah ok that's what i thought, i'll check everything out!

thanks, saving this thread and kissing all of you on the buttcheek :*

Eh, future's end was a fun ride till the end

Swamp thing, animal man, demon knights, dial h, i vampire, frankenstein, wonder woman (azzarello run), talon, batman (snyder run, mileage may vary), sinestro, the shazam JL back up, Geoff aquaman, jonah hex, amethyst, many more I'm forgetting

Wiki the the series and youll be surprised how much info there is, even has charts with all the collected editions and volumes that were released with the isbn #'s

Helps to figure out where exactly you want to jump in to something large like.... Batman or JL or whatever.

Yeah i actually bought every issue of futures end like a dumbass but as i read week to week it was a fun little ride even if it turned out idiotic. Now I've got a 50 comic series nobody will ever want to buy off me, lol

Convergence was utter crap though, i understand why they did the event because they were moving offices but it wasn't worthwhile at all.

I like the new 52, it's how I got into cape comics but Futures End is one of the shittiest stories I've ever experienced.

Read things from before the new 52 because they're actually good
>Morrison JLA
>Johns JSA
>Johns Flash
>Johns GL
>the other green lantern book from the same time, it was arguably better
>Morrison Batman