How would you adapt this?

How would you adapt this?

I wouldn't

I wouldn't

DUDE

xdpppppp

SSSSPPPPPPPPPPPAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xD

CAVE JOHNSON
A
V
E

J
O
H
N
S
O
N

BLACK LE MESA CAN LE KISS LE MY LE AZZ!!!!!!!

I wouldn't

I wouldn't

I'd embezzle and shit out something really funny

sneed goes through one hole, chuck comes out of the other

I wouldn't, as I don't think it would make a very interesting movie.

If you wanted to make a blockbuster movie, drop the actual portal gun and have her escape a series of deadly traps and an underground facility. Include that crazy rat-man shit into it.

If you want to include the portal gun, make it like one of those indy-shorts. Something like a 45 minute short with incredible effects. No one wants to see a full length movie of a chick shooting a portal at one wall, and then another wall, and then walk through it.

Just get JJ Abrams. God does the rest.

Emma Stone as Chell
Ryan Gosling as GLaDOS

Refn directs. The entire thing is retooled as a romantic comedy.

Me personally, I wouldn't

I would

I'm really starting to hate this board, too many underaged shitposters. You can just fucking tell that you're some edgy 16 year old faggot.

3 minute fan film that only exists to show off an animation department's CGI.

Also base it off portal 2's level art since it's infinitely more visually interesting.

Completely and utterly wrong.

>Also base it off portal 2's level art since it's infinitely more visually interesting.
But it's atmosphere is shit.

It's a tech demo with some flavor writing

You literally can't adapt it into a enjoyable film without changing it into something completely different.

You're never going to convey the atmosphere in a game like this properly in a movie and make something that's like, actually good. the best you can do with this property would be to just dazzle people with special effects for a few minutes, make everyone go "wow these guys should make a real portal movie" and get a shitton of publicity by having your video be plastered all over reddit for a month.

Basically I'm saying make a fake trailer.

>Tom Cruise.
>A young go-getting scientist.
>Military want to abuse his breakthrough
>In the end he makes a time portal with a few seconds delay.
>Hundreds of Tom Cruises disappearing and reappearing through time portals destroying the miltary's robot army.
>Chapter 1
>End Credits.

I'd hire Joss Whedon to write some script with quips.
He would pick the right waifu material for the role of Chel too.

get the fuck back to school kid, and stay the fuck on Reddit faggot

Quippy avengers-like style format.

Fight me, that shit works for Portal.

make it about Cave Johnson and his company

Black Chell. Alec Baldwin in his Trump impression as GLaDOS.

like primer
really lowkey. the portals aren't cartoonish circles but instead it's a lab consisting of two white identical rooms separated by a metal frame with no effects or weird visuals indicating that it's a portal. one room is located in hong kong and the other is in johannesburg. it's a highly secretive project and they aren't sure who's backing it. they try to avoid going through the portal because it has unexpected side effects (here's room for weird visual experimentation, like, hallucinations and whatnot)

the big twist is that going through the portal makes it so someone else who acts just like you slowly takes over your body and no one else can see it. kind of like get out's sunken place. the thing taking over your body could be space aliens, demons, another muliverse version of you or it's just a metaphor for dissociative disorder and how removing spatial considerations (by using portal technology) impairs your ability to feel grounded in your own physical body

/thread
this

I would make a claustrophobic cube-like deathtrap movie. Chell begins as a confused test subject, trapped in a malfunctioning Aperture science testfield with killer robots, few panicking test subject survivors and scientists (rat-man too) and GLaDOS first introduce as regular helpful AI given her indications then trying to lead her to her death.

She wouldn't get the portal gun right away and would be too afraid to use it properly at first (like the super jumps and the crazy stuff in the game) until she almost die and witness the crazyness of GLaDOS (who wants to go out and bring chaos to the rest of the world) and decide to really risk her life to stop the AI. At one point, the portal gun is damaged and create a weird portal bringing quickly chell into different dimensions (with aliens and stuff).

Chell finally defeat GLaDOS and get outside to realise the world was already completly destroyed by alien invasion and the events of Half-Life

Main character is doing tests for a robot voice.

Test terminates and its time for termination of main character

Main character breaks out.

Main character is a computer program renered to look human.

Robot voice is a human typing commands on a keyboard

JK Simmons voices someone who looks like a younger version of Cave Johnson while setting up the facility

prequel, obviously

Moon but with Glados instead of Kevin Spacey.

I'd adapt it as a full length video game and call it Portal 2

If you made it about the gameplay it would be called a ripoff of Cube.
I don't think the Half Life and Portal movies should have Gordon or Chell as the main characters. It just wouldn't work considering they are meant to be self inserts for the player and are mute.
The Half Life movie should be about humanity facing the Seven Hour War. Follows Eli and Kleiner trying to escape Nevada, only to see the whole world is overrun. Ends with them being relocated to City 17.
The Portal movie should be based on Aperture and Black Mesas decade spanning rivalry. Cave Johnson and Dr. Breen constantly trying to one up each other, think like Pirates of Silicon Valley.

Halflife deserves a movie more than Portal.