Be a kid

>Be a kid
>Watch Little Nicky
>Love it
>Talk with friends at school about how great it was and they agree
>Used to think that because they played it on TV so many times, it was considered a comedy classic
>Instead, even most Adam Sandler fans hate it

Has anyone ever been tricked about a movies popularity?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ctDwu9tlalo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>most Adam Sandler fans hate it
All 3 of them?!

I still think it's good.

Even as kids me and my friends liked it ironically because it was so retarded

why is this a pasta

it's so bad it's good. I had some friends that would quote it constantly at the time too.

TDKR

Lol i was 5 when this came out and me and my dad loved it, he even bought be the gameboy game of it. He was really into Ozzy Osbourne.

I usually don't like Sandler movies but I fucking love this one, not even in the so bad it's good way

>Little Nicky gameboy game

Shit it's real. Kids fapped to this.

it holds up even if it isn't timeless

I loved sandler and his comedy cronies

>Big Daddy
>Little Nicky
>Grandma's Boy
and all the rest

Reminder that Pauly shore hates Sandler.
Mostly out of jealousy. He even confronted Sandler once because Sandler was getting paid millions more for what Shore thought was the same style and quality of work.

>The DEEP South
>Prime Witherspoon: *giggle* I get it!

Nothing wrong with this movie

If you ever wanna see a bitter piece of shit wonder what the hell happened to his life, watch this faggot on Joe Rogan

Hes the definition of trash

Why do people hate on Adam Sandler so much? Click was great and so were many others like Happy Gilmore. Did he fuck some Hollywood Jew's wife or something?

>Be a teen
>Watch Unbreakable in a movie theater
>Think it sucks
>Ask everybody who seen it and they say it sucked.
>Fast forward to present day
>Unbreakable is seen as a classic and everybody claims to like it.

I don't like it.

Thanks for the tip, going to look that up now.

I was just about to say, dude is bitter as fuck, you can just tell. He clearly thinks he's owed something because his mom started a famous comedy club.

>Instead, even most Adam Sandler fans hate it

Have you been hanging around Plebbit? Don't listen to them, you were actually correct the first time.

Hmm...it's almost like people grow up and like different things.

You weren't tricked. You were just a stupid kid surrounded by stupid kids.

Prime Reese Witherspoon in that movie though.

Holy shit I had that game too. It was kind of fun iirc

You have shit taste bruv. The only adam sandler movie worth watching is happy gilmore. And even that isn't very good.

I always liked it too. Fond memories of watching it on TBS.

>that picture

Except for everybody I know who said it sucks. Still think it suck. It's the contrarians on reddit and here that love it. Just like the Star War prequels.

I love how this is just an edit of the /redditcore/ infographic.

Never change tv.

I remember when Mad Max Fury road came out. Sup Forums did not like it

No, Sup Forums liked it, /poltv/ called it feminist trash

Grandmas boy was next level brilliant and was a perfect sendup of your classic fedora.

Nah, I think it's good.

I remember liking it as a kid but don't really remember it much. I also remember how blatant the Popeye's product placement was.

one of the most JUST faces I've seen.
>redeyeshaircut.jpeg

>Has anyone ever been tricked about a movies popularity?
Sure.

And Little Nicky was great. Who didn't like it?

All Adam Sandler movies have product placement. At least they try to make it funny.

Popeye's chicken is FUCKIN AWESOME

I unironically like these trash movies. My favorite has been Here Come the Boom.

Jesus christ all he does is name drop,
>I know trump
>I have kelly ann conways personal info
>I hung out at playboy
>I know OJ simpson

Little Nicky is awesome. Dana carvey in the globetrotters scene is incredible.

I fucking hate Adam Sandler but that's a really fun movie, most Sandler fans hate it

He had a good run with shit like Happy Gilmore, Billy Madison, and stuff in the early 00's like Mr Deeds, Big Daddy and Anger Management, but he's made nothing but absolute dogshit like Jack and Jill lately. I love classic Sandler, but fuck that guy, honestly.

Little Nicky is fucking awful.

>It's a Jew mocks Christianity episode

That's an expertly crafted troll image. It's filled with utter guff but interspersed with the occasional undisputed masterpiece so you start doubting yourself.

First movie I ever watched on DVD, good times.

>!

cringe

no? I'm not 12

I used to believe that everyone else also all the first three PotC movies. Then I moved to another place, and here it's common to say stuff like
"They made three of those things?"
"Only the first one is good"
"The third is too convoluted"

Show me a more "Fun" trilogy

Indie.

I watched it with my mom on TV too
I had to explain the bat joke to her though

Back to the Future

The third one was pretty trash though since it abandoned all sense of it's adventure movie roots and just went for the soulless "cringey" blockbuster type of movie.

Forth one was decent.

mission impossible 2 for me. i fucking loved it and still love it. GOAT soundtrack and all that mask shit was pure kino.

yet everybody hated it for some reason.

It's fashionable. People wonder why Hollywood is shit, but then do the "only as good as your last movie" thing. Regardless of what else he's done, Sandler has some comedy classics under his belt and I'll always think he's cool for that.

Truth be told, I like watching the shit he makes now while I try to figure out how so many celebrities agree to show up. Like he got Al Pacino to sing a coffee jingle about his name and flirt with him in drag. That's a spectacular level of terrible. Everybody should watch that garbage once.

I got tricked into watching The Big Lebowski because I saw this meme all over the place and wanted to see what the fuss was al about.

It's not a bad movie, but it's not as great as all it's fans make it out to be.

The Potc movies are fucking awful all of them.
>Show me a more "Fun" trilogy
Indiana Jones, Evil Dead, even Star wars.

>while I try to figure out how so many celebrities agree to show up
Because it's basically a paid holiday for them.

The Cable Guy

>Truth be told, I like watching the shit he makes now while I try to figure out how so many celebrities agree to show up.

There's no mystery you fucking brainlet, he ups production "costs" to blockbuster levels for shitty comedies so he can pay himself and his friends millions while retards like you pay.

> Everybody should watch that garbage once.

You're a disgusting human being.

Actually, Little Nicky is good. It's worth the price of admission for Ozzy Osbourne and Henry Winkler alone, but I like the film as a whole.

And I also like The Wedding Singer, and Eight Crazy Nights.

I wager most people who grew up in the 00's loved LN when it came out. I owned the DVD when it first came out and watched the special features. I even think it was in 4:3 the movie is so old! But I bet it's aged as poorly every other movie from that time.

I remember being confused as to if the product placement was suggesting Pepsi was better than Coke or the other way around.

Gets better with every viewing.

Also isn't the wedding singer unironically good?

I agree on that actually. Absolutely shite film and easily John Woo's worst but there's something so comfy and enjoyable about it.

Lord of the rings

Yeah the wedding singer's great. It's a bit more low-key on all the zany shit and has that nice retro vibe to it.

Adam Sandler kinos
Airheads
Billy Madison
Happy Gilmore
The Wedding Singer
The Waterboy
Little Nicky
Reign Over Me

Aren't you man enough to have your own prejudice? Other's opinions don't matter. If you actually enjoyed it then be happy about it and move on than being bothered about other's feelings

>no 50 first dates

daily reminder punch drunk love IS the ultimate sandler kino

At least it was funny

KEEK HIS FUCKIN HEAD OFF

The way the teachers talked about Remember the Titans I figured it was To Kill A Mockingbird levels of classic commentary on race relations in stead of generic race bait of the decade movie

ALso I always assumed Scarface was on the level of Godfather then I saw it It was laughably bad

Scarface got it's hype from cocaine users and rappers

Little nicky is shitty movie but it's still funny enough to be an inside joke among my friends and I. We say, "Get in the flask" daily.

in media class

two dumb paki chavs who always sat at the back of the class always said scarface was their favourite film finally were asked by the teacher why they thought it was so good and they give such shite reasons because its "badass" and "the guy is really cool"

the teacher tried to hide is reaction but i knew inside he wanted to shut them down since he was a huge film buff and like legitimate kino for legit reasons

I love this movie unironically. And no """"""" patrician """"""" will take that away from me.

i think most sandler films are trash now im older but some of the scenes in little nicky still have my laughing since i was a kid

youtube.com/watch?v=ctDwu9tlalo

also

>the blind preacher is Quentine Tarantino

i literally just realized fucking hell

Every time I say "I love church's fried chicken" in that voice and bring up the movie my friends say they've never heard of it which makes me question my sanity

It's Popeyes chicken.

I don't remember this scene from the movie.

Now I remember, saying church's just sounds better in that voice

...i...liked...pixels...im sorry

It's not nearly as bad as a couple of certain internet reviewers say it is.

You and everyone you knew were just fuckin retarded, friend. Most people with taste liked it, even people with not great taste liked it. The fact that you didn't must mean you have absolute shit taste.

Man if you can't laugh at trash every now and then, there's something wrong with you

i like little nicky and tv hivemind wont change that

>Pauly Shore
>still gets his picture taken
>Alan Boyce
>as if he never existed

>Adam Sandler fans
come again?

ELEANOR

I also liked Pixels.

I only recently found out that most people don't like Twister. It was one of my favorite movies when I was a kid and when I went to Universal Studios it was one of the first "rides" I wanted to do. It sucked but I still love the movie.

You ruined your post and made it reddit with that exclamation point

Little Nicky is kino, every true patrician on Sup Forums knows this

>millennial children cannot into expression
Sad!

>media studies
Brainlet detected

Thanks for reminding me that I still haven't satisfied my curiosity for the taste of peppermint schnapps

schnapps is schnapps. tastes like alcoholic sugary syrup.

First, paragraph breaks were reddit.
Now punctuation is reddit
next capitalization will be reddit
then more than ten words will be reddit
Then more than three

Soon making a post at all will be considered reddit. Grow up you pathetic loosers. The only thing reddit in Sup Forums are you reddit nazis going around declaring everything that is or isn't reddit. You have become what you claim to hate.

Here's an (!) for (You). Grow up.

Was thinking the same thing, thank you.