What's the general consensus about this show?

What's the general consensus about this show?

It was okay but they beefed it at the end.

It started off really well, loved the first season. Had a really campy, yet adventurous and mysterious feel to it. Season 2 started out great, and then it felt kinda rushed towards the end. Still really enjoyable, at least imo
good stuff

Fucking shit ending, dippers a fucking bitch, mabel haters can fucking die.

The children should fuck.

It was so good people are still salty about a mediocre ending.

Good show, suffers from Twin Peaks syndrome where after the central mystery was solved, it just kind of durdles around for a bit and then ends.

Great first season, even better and amazing season 2A, dropped the ball on 2B, overall around 8/10 experience

Should've been longer to flesh out the 2B aspects and Disney shouldn't have been so incompetently retarded with their scheduling, which they apparently still haven't learned from.

There isn't one and you're dumb for asking

it started out good, like "hands down the best cartoon of the 2010s" good, but then Alex Hirsch JUST'd the shit out of himself and the cartoon by micromanaging, inserting his unfunny buddies like Jon Stewart/Colbert/John Oliver so they can make ZOMG DRUMPF! jokes especially in the post-Ford episodes where the mystery solving shouldve been front and center.

Alex's abrasive attitude rubbed off the wrong way on many of his co-workers. some of them quit outright, others bowed out to work on """"projects""" that never materialized. Alex himself was fired by Disney but they negotiated a gracious exit for him under the guise he was going to work on a new FOX cartoon that never existed.

Made hundreds of teenagers attracted to triangles/10.

Solid all around, drops off in quality near the end.

Ignore the Alexposters, they're just memes.

Speaking of bad friends, JUSTin Roiland's shitty time travel plot utterly ruined the mystique of the show, creating an ominous sense of "everything is doomed" that could've been at least capitalized on greatly if Alex was a half decent writer, ie the bad future was caused by Bill, but instead it was just more liberal defeatist mentality being showcased along with a Rick and Morty pessimistic dogshit that contrasted greatly with the overall vibe of the series.

>wasting 40% of the show's run on your self insert Lauren Faust crush

Slightly overrated

Good, but certainly could've been better.

I feel like hirsch wanted to do three 13 episode seasons, each with their own arc. but getting 20 episodes ordered for season 1 resulted in its arc being dragged longer than intended with some filler (including creating the wendy crush arc). Because of this, he decided to do both his planned 2nd and 3rd arcs in Season 2, and have it the last, which resulted in it feeling rushed and all over the place in pacing. The ending also probably suffered from executive meddling.

I didn't last past the first season finale. In only 20 episodes it digs some ruts for itself; too many episodes about Dipper's crush on Wendy and too many episodes that end with Dipper cleaning up after Mable.

Any one of those was fine but when it becomes a trend it becomes boring and worse, makes Mable look like a load and Dipper a wimp.

let this shitty meme die already

Wendy is a shit """character""" that got more threads dedicated to her ugly fishbowl eyes than should have ever been permitted, and that perfectly encapsulates the /gf/ fandom as a whole; a bunch of waifu and shipping pandering faggots wasting space.

hirsch a faget

>13 episodes each seasons
Sauce? I believe he said himself that he got tired after finishing season 1 and almost didn't want to continue second season

They didn't explore this, could've been interesting

I'm not sure of sauce but I also remember Alex saying that disney only ordered episodes in sets of 20.

What part of
>I feel like
Don't you understand?

Geez, most of this is made the fuck up.

Are you still mad because he blocked you, twitterfag?

Apparently according Alex himself, 12 year olds shouldn't focus on romance

yet Grenda still got a boyfriend from Austria

Well I *WAS* planning on a season 3, but you stupid Drumpelstiltskins voted that racist orange into the White House and I got sent to prison for telling my twitter followers to riot!

>stuffy rich girl and the normal boy who teaches her how to have fun
Well, OK. Dipper being an uptight nerd might put an interesting spin on it.

I didn't see the second season; did he realize he had no chance with Wendy?

Did they get rid of Pacifca's tits?

I loved the show to death and I really miss it.

But I agree that the last 9 episodes of the series felt rushed.

You should seek help, twitterfag.

>Did he realize he had no chance with Wendy
Yes, in Into the Bunker, Wendy rejected him due to age differences, but unfortunately Dipper was still hung up on Wendy in one of the last episodes :P

>Pacifica's tits
Its Disney. No tits allowed

>most of it is made up

First, how is an opinion made up? Or did you like the shitty time traveler plot that barely made any sense and had a plot point that ended abruptly and without resolution in the finale?

Its also very well known that Alex micromanaged alot in his cartoon, there are interviews where he says as much and it contributed to him burning out quickly.

Great show that had neato elements that were way to overhyped.

Not the "end all be all mystery show" die hard fans claim but the characters, humor and atmosphere make up for it it in the end I feel.

Wendy appears in so many episodes but is somehow one of the weakest characters of the series.

How the fuck does that happen?

>Its Disney. No tits allowed
Shit's weak. I want my glamorous 12 year-old B-cups.

Watch NMM, and you'll see why they become one of the most popular ship in the fandom
>I didn't see the second season; did he realize he had no chance with Wendy?
They kinda dumped it at first, and fucking brought it back again

To much focus as the hot girl and unobtainable goal the MC will never had rather then fleshing her out, making her funny or giving her important plot roles.

In other words she existed purely to be Alex's waifu.

JUST

>micromanaged
Only true thing to be honest.

I really shouldn't still be mad over Alex fucking up the ending, but honestly, I'm still pretty goddamn pissed.

>The creator of Over The Garden Wall doesnt support Trump

Fucking faggot hack.

I don't agree with him or any of the other people whining about Trump being president.

But its his Twitter and he's allowed to express his opinion
no matter how stupid it is

>huuuuuur

Hacksupporter.

A pretty promising show that also showed why people shouldn't try to take on the job of a show runner below a certain age.

I can understand Trump hate but
>That tweet that says it's all the third parties fault and not theirs
Oh, fuck off with that shit. That's the sort of shit that made you assholes fucking lose.

Nefcy is a few months younger then him and she hasn't fucker up Star Vs. yet.

But her show sucks.

Colbert voiced on the show?

Hirsch tried to take on too much and ended up stretching himself thin. It's understandable because he had a vision for the show that he wanted carried out just right.

Nefcy doesn't seem to have that problem. She either has a bunch of writers she can trust, or she's just going with the flow after the core concept of what she wanted got changed.

I'll just give you my opinion, but it's more or less similar to most of the posts here.

It started out fucking amazing. Mysteries, comedy, plot, all this shit to keep people invested

And then the hiatuses struck. Having to wait months on end for one or two fucking episodes really killed a lot of my interest. Then there's the subject of season 2. First half was great, move along, nothing to see here... and then they solved the big mystery. Halfway through the damn season. At that point, there wasn't shit left to solve, not really. The big mystery of the book's author was discovered, we pretty much knew what we needed about Bill, but there was nothing at this point to keep us interested other than 'How do we stop Bill?' Which isn't really a mystery because that's solving an action not a hidden truth. It was also at this point Mabel became unbearable. I don't really need to explain this as hundreds of others already have articulated it far better than i could. I can give you an example though: the Road Trip episode. And then there was the finale. I was so... meh about it. I mean, sure, it was kinda cool I guess, the weirdmageddon stuff was a bit boring, despite how it sounds, it's just that bill's big plan was 'fuck shit up yeah' and that bored a lot of people. Again, no real mystery to solve here. At some point Gideon did a 180 from bad to good, the circle that's been teased the whole fucking show ended up being completely pointless for the sake of being a red herring, if that's the word for it. The way they beat Bill was actually cool, it was an appropriate sacrifice. But no Hirsch was too afraid to make something sad and had his memory restored like 20 minutes later from looking at a fucking scrapbook, also scrapping any gravitas from his sacrifice. The conclusion, however, was pretty close to perfect, it hit hard, and did what it needed to do.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it, Just that the second half, along with the hiatus, hurt the show's quality.

Funny, Star Vs. started off kinda rocky but then it stabilized in season 2.

The lack of background music is really weirding me out though.

couldn't have said it better than this user

Mabel is a shitty character who dragged the entire show down. Only delusional waifufags and people that subconsciously project onto her defend her shit.

Politics aside Alex is just a big asshole. He had every opportunity handed to him and chose to squander it and ruin his show because he got tired of it.

>Lets support an establishment candidate when our opponent is running on an anti-establishment platform and the other person that we nominated over was nothing like our candidate
>REEEEEEEEEEEE WHY ARE THEY ALL VOTING THIRD PARTY ITS ALL YOUR FAULT

Also, retweeting himself, how fucking pathetic and egotistical can one person be? You made a cartoon that ended on a rushed and shitty note and that's it. Your followers follow you because they are interested in Gravity Falls, not because they want to listen to you rant and rave and scold them about a political event most of them can't even participate in.

Pretty good, but the second half of season 2 was kind of lackluster. And the show's finale wasn't quite as good as it could have been.

I've also heard some people claim the show should have had a third season. But i i'm not sure if that's the general consensus.

Personally, i actually liked the second part of season 2. I also thought the finale was great, expect for Stan getting his memory back too easily.

No idea if the show should have had a third season.

fpbp

The fucked up the unicorn episode, Mabel needed to be held accountable for her actions throughout the series which never happened.

Started strong, but lost steam before the end. Mystery Inc was a more consistent show, so if you liked GF co check it out.

>a man can have double digit accusers & still be elected President.

So it's okay when he has single digit accusers?

Whenever I mention the fact that Gravity Falls would probably have better pacing with Season 3 is usually met with such intelligent responses like "If the show had continued it would have become Spongebob or The Simpsons"

Yeah, because 3 seasons is TOTALLY the same thing as 20+ seasons.

But, seeing how Alex was burnt out by mid Season 2, he probably would've fucked up worse than he did on 2B, so maybe it's for the best

>Mabel needed to be held accountable for her actions throughout the series which never happened.
Did this happen because Hirsch is a puss?

That's what happens when you make characters out of people in your life. They become immune to criticism

It seemed like there was going to be some kind of conflict with her acknowledgement that she was treating Dipper rougher than usual.

He deserves to be punished with shameful, sleazy incestuous fanart.

SEND THEM TO HIS TWITTER

S1 Good and interesting
first half of Season 2: Still Good
Second half of Season 2; Good animation, bad stories, doesn't answer any of our questions. Also it was rushed.

the pacing was super-fucked, no doubt about it

season 1 they solved 1/3 of a mystery for 20 episodes

then in 2A they solved the whole thing in under 10 episodes.

then 2B introduced new character and failed to explore him, doing random filler episodes in the vein of season 1 again.

maybe not 3 seasons, but some kind of restructuring...

anyways it was very good still

>this

Two days after the election on twitter account i used to have i fucked with him saying the democrats wasted their vote and should have supported Gary Johnson instead and he fucking blocked me

than i posted someone called him out on being childish and he blocked them to

i love gravity falls and i think hes funny as hell but what a fucking bitch

also find it funny that he had the pp fundraiser giving a great example of how libertarians point about how if people care enough about a program they can/will voluntarily give money to them and it does not need to be forced on by the government to fund a private organization

high levels of irony

I remember I replied to the tweet where he was giving the finger at the trump star on hollywood's walk of fame. I said "You know Democrats and Republicans both suck" and he blocked me.

he likes to live in mabeland when it comes to politics

the planned parenthood fundraiser is the first time I ever even heard of Alex doing something charitable like that and if you look between the lines he just did it to spite Trump who wants to end planet parenthood for being a sheisty organization.

hes really one of the worst personalities online i think ive ever read.

>I intentionally went to his twitter with the intent to troll him and he blocked me
>FOR TROLLING
>WHAT A FUCKING KEK

>ctrl+f trump
>5 matches
>not even a south park thread

fuck off
guys stop falling for the bait
they are here to derail threads, buisness as usual
>hurr durr this stuff is important
no, it's off-topic

A solid 8/10, actually. Season 2 was rushed as fuck, but the series finale delivered good what I was expecting, so, I think it was fine in general.

I think four more episodes would be usefull to fill some holes, like one for Wendy's family, Ford's adaptation to the Mistery Shack and things like that.

It's typical with GF threads. The same Twitterfags keep shitposting.

true but it still proves a vital point that altruism is much more sensible and ethical way to fund organizations like PP although i have nothing against them and i heard trump did not much either

still we got this funny as thing out of it so worth it

im surprised Sup Forums did not do anything to mess with that like crowdfund making a picture of the pines family celebrating trumps win

the point was not trolling him

the point is how much of a bitch he can be

bump

I don't care about consensus, following is my personal opinion.

It was nice and I liked it.
Finale was ok, but I feel they could do better. Don't ask how, I'm not storywriter, I just watch cartoons.
Unlike many others, I don't have problems with Mabel, shes ok in my book.
Keep in mind that I marathoned whole show and waited for wierdmageddon to air, that might make me see some stuff differently and have less of an impact.

Wait Le Current Year Man worked on the show?

>all those cucks
This is why i hate america. Malditos gringos.

>there are people in this world that think Soos and a Disneyfied version of Yuno Gasai would be OTP

She was better than Yuno tho

Dipper was best. And I was disappointed that Dipper never truly got a male friend to just be bros with.

He didn't really care for Soos.
Ford was a nutjob.

The show just kept on forcing romance on him when he really just needed a friend outside of his family.

He was probably thinking of Jon Stewart, who voiced the cat judge from the next-to-last episode.

I loved the 1st season. Season 2 was so bad I lost all interest in merchandise and the "mystery" yes Hirsch is a hack and no just cause it is a children's cartoon doesn't excuse his mediocrity.

>Dipper was best. And I was disappointed that Dipper never truly got a male friend to just be bros with.
Masculinity is evil, user. The true path is cherish and serve the women in your life. They might be nice to you in return but don't count on it.

Hirsch is a burnout hack.

5/10
I thought it was going to be something special but in the end it was just another washout.

Things I associate with the show
>Ford's an asshole
>Mabel's a cunt
>tons of fanservice for gay chubby chasers
>twincest
>Billdip being a thing
>needed one more season

Am I missing anything?

>Suicidal Wendy
>Getting a bunch of teenage girls and others to become attracted to hairy old men

>Mystery Inc was a more consistent show
Stop forcing this meme

Go away Sup Forums

Stay mad, Alex. Mystery Inc is cartoon Kino

Boy you're just a fountain of shit memes aren't you

Mystery Inc is more consistent though, if anything Mystery Inc starts out a bit shakey and just gets better during it's second season.

Those shaky first episodes are way worse than anything in Gravity Falls.

>12 year olds shouldn't focus on romance
>entirely too many episodes dedicated to Dipper trying to date Wendy

Those shaky first episodes are still basically good scooby doo episodes.

The heights of Mystery Inc are way better than anything in Gravity Falls.

>and when he gets called out on it, he actually pulls out the "show me your cartoon" excuse

Jesus Christ. As much as I like the show as a whole that might be the biggest fuck-up in the show's run. Probably near 40% of it was Wendyshit.