ITT: characters you don't mind being racebent

ITT: characters you don't mind being racebent

Is she racebent? I thought Matron was just a darker flavor of Italian. Sicilian or something.

I'm generally ok with it in adaptions because it's alternate universes. Getting mad at those is like getting mad at Earth-23. There's no point in fretting over it.

Spyral Helena is interesting though because it also serves an actual functional purpose of making her not look like Helena Wayne.

How do you think the dark Italians get that way?

Seeley specifically stated she's half black

Why Mordo is a Baron in the comics but not in the movie? Is this because black characters can not be nobles besides T´Challa?

I figure Mordo gave up his land and title to be a sorcerer, or he'll make himself a baron in the next movie.

I like her currently since she doesn't have the jerry curls

Zemo wasn't a baron either iirc, I think they just don't want too many politics to keep track of

I don't get it. She's always been a dark-skinned Italian. Or are you confusing her with the pre-New 52 version?

His homeland got annexed by Slokovia during the Cold War as part of a puppet government.

Seely and King said she's black now. Black and Italian.

I actually liked him more than "muh Linda" Mr. Perfect Wally.

I dont mind it because she is very interesting and hot. When Marvel does it, it usually comes with tons of publicity and months before we even get to see the character, if its interesting or not, they clearly do it for the attention and dont give a flying fuck to characterization (or worse, they are unable to make him/her interesting).

I don't mind a race bent Selina. We just a canon asion and hispanic one to have all flavors of Catwoman.

Santa Claus.

Black Wally isn't raceswapped white Wally. Pay attention user, they are different characters.

I mean, they are now. He was originally a very obvious raceswap and meant to be Wally.

Also the first picture is just that universe's race swapped Wally. Just like Helena.

>How do you think the dark Italians get that way?
Mixing with Moores, which weren't "black" really

they certainly aren't white though, which is what would make it a swap

Wouldn't mind.

Can someone explain how Helena Wayne is a thing in current continuity? I've read Morrison's Bat-Epic and Grayson and I should know this, but it's slipping my mind.

I actually don't mind live action race bends it just when they try to race bend them in comics for synergy that it annoys me

Damn...and I thought I had a good one..

Current version is just from Earth-2, no shenanigans

remember me?

He was just a new Aqualad, not a racebent one.
Also isn't he coming back in TT or some shit soon?

He was in the Rebirth one-shot but I don't know if they have had him anywhere else yet.

I don't believe there's been any confirmation of whether or not he's joining the TT, but most people assume he is

My only complaint is that when they decided to make the comics match the movies (the 616 I mean, Ultimate Fury looked like Sam Jackson before they had Sam Jackson play movie Fury) they didn't just make him black and go with it; they had to cook up some faggoty nonsense about him actually being Fury Jr and then shuffle Old Man Fury off to the fucking Moon first.

Didn't they make the new one puerto rican?

Queer blaqualad would actually be fun to have on TT or just in Aquaman would be fine too.

It was silly silly but I'm more ok with this particular situation than tonal synergy. I can deal with Fury having a black son more easily than GotG getting wrecked.

Is OP's pic from Grayson?

Yes

>he'll make himself a baron in the next movie.
This was my guess too.