What would an arthouse superhero film be like?

What would an arthouse superhero film be like?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UngE0qn3VRY
youtu.be/NZtiIkcRI4I
youtube.com/watch?v=n8SrEyTRs0A
youtu.be/0qBFMosWDUo
youtube.com/watch?v=Q6saqQ1rXBI
youtu.be/u-XTQJiZPuo
youtu.be/k6jiw0zIXEg
youtu.be/382FPwYcrKQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

youtube.com/watch?v=UngE0qn3VRY

>Wes Anderson
>arthouse

BvS is as close as you get on blockbuster budget.

For arthouse it's probably Birdman.

Grant Morrisons "animal man" would be incredible as a trippy tv series

>arthouse
>Birdman

%30 of the movie would take place in CoS with no humans, only robot workers.%10 would take place in Krypton, %20 in ruins of Krypton.Rest in our world with Superman not using his powers at all.

but birdman isn't a superhero movie

Birdman

Bottle Rocket was by definition an arthouse film. Art House isn't a genre its a financial descriptor, plebtard.

Buckaroo Banzai

Sin City comes close.

Hulk by Ang Lee and Unbreakable

It would be like Stalker as a sci-fi film. Really grounded and visual, and the hero wouldn't use his powers once, at least not explicitly. Kind of like in Stalker the zone is aknowledged as a paranormal zone, yet you don't see any special effects or reality bending scenes. The plot would discuss the philosophical implications of a naturally superior being coexisting among regular humans.

youtu.be/NZtiIkcRI4I

Underrated kino. It failed because it was marketed as a normie blockbuster.

the fuck? another one? did any of you actually watch birdman?

movie about a guy who played a superhero in the past =/= superhero movie

agreed

Explain why pls. I'll watch the movie if you're convincing

dont know what to do, i'm the wrong guy

>Animal Man green-lit by HBO
>it's a comic book limbo episode
>Mr. Freeze reaches out to Buddy inside comic book limbo
>Captain Carrot and countless other forgotten characters are in comic book limbo
>Grant Morrison is the show runner and appears in the show at one point
DC, if you're reading this, please make this happen.

Aronofsky's Wolverine movie that never got made would have been the first.

>>it's a comic book limbo episode
?

Promoting your art a lot lately aren't you Damle?

What about Aronofsky's Batman movie that never got made?

>comic book limbo
>Limbo is a place where obscure and unused comic characters reside when they are not in print

Based animal man is too pure for hollywood.

>Grant Morrison plays a majority of the "faceless extra" roles regardless of gender or age with poor disguises.
>Animal Man occasionally talks in Grant Morrison's voice when something seems contrived.
>Final episode is a behind the scenes special where Grant is confronted by Buddy while the actor playing Buddy is in the other room.

Also Damle, stop trying to push DC flicks as kinography. They're horribly edited mope fests with the most ham fisted references to Greek mythology. They're shit movies Damle, Superman being in it doesn't make it otherwise.

This. Kinoasfuck

have we watched the same movie?

You must have watched the shitty Edward Norton one.

Punch-Drunk Love is the closest we've seen

Contrarians think Ang Lee Hulk is good just because it was universally hated upon release (with good reason). It's probably the same plebs who think BvS is the greatest movie ever.

You laugh now, but it was literally ground shaking for its time.

not really
i agree it's the best hulk movie but it's nowhere near close to arthouse

There is literally a comic book limbo in the DC universe where characters go when they're not being used anymore. Animal Man gets fucking weird.

DAMLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!

>implying Arthouse means something artsy or symbollic and not an independent film

Did you even actualy watch Birdman?

>Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth
>An Alejandro Jordorowsky Joint

holy fuck this would be great, I'm not sure if you could get the right surreal visuals in a movie though

I'll never understand why this movie is so hated. I watched it as a kid and I didn't really know what to expect but it's one movie that has literally stuck with me for ages. I don't know why, it was so odd I guess and it had some strong, unusual imagery that imprinted itself on me I suppose. I think it was really a great film. Incredibly unique for a capeflick.

They make pretentious superman comics like that all the time.

Transformers

DAMLE!!! Fuck off with this shit. DC movies suck donkey cock, period. Go back to fapping to Gal gadot

Fuck. I'd go see it.

This is actually a really good movie
Not sure I would call it arthouse but this scene was creative af
youtube.com/watch?v=n8SrEyTRs0A

>birdman
>meme movie whose entire premise (no cuts) is done so poorly that the fake cuts take any observant viewer out of the movie
>nothing artsy about it except the ending which is just ambiguous pandering to make critics think they are smart without conveying any real meaning
>hollywood critics and oscar tards eat it up

This movie was an enormous let down.

That scene was awesome. The images in the clouds of them fighting was so cool and indeed very creative.

What a twat.

a daredevil movie entirely from Daredevil's perspective

I imagine it would be something like if the comedian had his own movie. At least that's what it should be.

>actually murders criminals
>no real strong moral case just decided he wanted to do it as a job
>tortures lower end thugs to find his way up crime lord chains

So I guess it'd be like the punisher too in a way.

>entire premise (no cuts)
That's not the premise

So the opening credits of hardcore henry then?

ahead of its time

So nothing but a black screen the entire time?

Daredevil is blind, silly.

no one knows what you're talking about autist

Watch the Legion series. Post modern.
Pretty good.

There's nothing superhero about that though, it's just some crazy guy at a mental asylum. Which is why it isn't shit like every other cape show.

He's got radar vision that's always been everything washed in. Plus focusing on the hits and weapons because that's what he'd be focused on as he beats the shit out of some scumbags.
youtu.be/0qBFMosWDUo

If one person could do it would be Darren Aronofsky

That would be pretty cool for fight scenes and city swinging but i dont think it would work for a entire movie

as close as you can get.

youtube.com/watch?v=Q6saqQ1rXBI

the visuals would be created by visualizing what daredevil hears like in this scene

youtu.be/u-XTQJiZPuo

And I said, yes but what is an asylum? A place where masks are ripped off. And they are the supermen without masks. The future without artifice locked in the past. Ah-ha. And what is a Batman but a man who wears black, who is despite his money...dark?

So thats why I filmed it in Mayan pyramid, it stars Idris Elba and everyone is naked.

its the meme that made critics cream themselves. Oh and also the shitty drum music come to think of it.

Underrated post
Shyamalanverse will be the next big thing

Is Rope a bad film too?

Man of Steel

No joke

something like this

youtu.be/k6jiw0zIXEg

How do you go from making Eat Drink Man Woman to this?

the superhero is a lesbian dance studies major who has social justice superpowers

Is that your argument?

It's still not a premise

Fuck off

So you don't know what arthouse means.

>Superman saves the day, but at the end, Lois finds him huddled in a corner, unable to cope with the knowledge that nothing he does matters and his existence is a lie. And thus, not even Superman can beat Nihilism.

This thread is a good mix of retarded people and meme spouting 12year olds.

Arthouse superhero movie would focus on super hero's role in society, responsibility, and probably alienation. Rise and fall would be a good theme. BvS tried this with the superman TRAILER of the movie, not with the movie itself. Dr Manhattan in watchmen got close but the movie was a mess(or the comics too)

Hell i'd even be okay with seeing a superhero who can just teleport as an arthouse movie. Mainly focusing on his multiple relationships with women around the world. Think 9 from daniel day lewis but actually good and without being about entertainment industry

Ok pajeet

Andy Warhol made a movie where Batman fights Dracula
youtu.be/382FPwYcrKQ

Ending HEAVILY suggests otherwise
Visually, Birdman isn't arthouse, because of its simplistic nature. However, art isn't only defined by being visually enjoyable.
It lies more within the main character, where we experience highly subjective, interpretational material, just like art should inspire, which is why Birdman can, in my opinion classify as an arthouse superhero movie.