Was this actually good?

Was this actually good?

One of my favorite action movies. There's a lot of great world-building, the relationship between Old and Young Joe is interesting, and the action is all really well choreographed and shot. I love the story, but a lot of autists get hung up on the inconsistencies.

I thought it was pretty damn good compared to all the other schlock that came out. If someone were to describe it loosely i'd even remember it so its got a good foothold in the memory banks.

To elaborate on my review:

It's very much like Equilibrium. A very solid, B-level action movie that stands out for the unique execution of its ideas and story.

I loved the ending. Also that kid actor was pretty good. Plus Emily Blunt.

nope

Yeah the ending took me by surprise. I didn't expect such strong feelz in my time-traveling action movie.

no

Blunt is shit and so was the kid

Its a shitfest

your shit

this. ending was the best and pretty much the only great part about the movie

movie itself is a 6/10

became pretty dull once he reached the farm. also, the time travel stuff makes no sense at all.

>time travel
>making sense
>ever
just turn off your brain nerd lmao

in concept

but not in any way shape or form for writing, plot, casting, directing, acting, etc et al

It has HUGE plot holes, much bigger than what is to be expected from a time travel movie. However the world they've built (outside the "loopers") is interesting and well done. The two main characters are good and their interactions work. Action is solid.

My #1 gripe about this movie was the shitty make up, it was totally unnecessary and distracted every time his face was on screen. It's a movie, we can deal with kid actors growing up to look like another actor.

Worth a watch overall if you just want a fun thriller/action movie.

>time travel doesn't make sense
Lol even harry potter theoretically makes sense with the novikov self consistency principle

The problems this movie has with time travel aren't just the inherent time travel issues.

Remember how murder was impossible in the future which is why the whole Looper organization existed? But the first thing the bad guys do (in the future) when arriving to Bruce Willis' home is start murdering people. It makes no sense.

Well-crafted garbage that makes no fucking sense at all. The plot holes are massive. And the two leads don't look anything alike. It's crap.

Especially when they have different ear lobes.

The problems this movie has are exactly that it isn't consistent with itself, not that the mechanics of time travel aren't "plausible".

nice schlock
but i hate movies where the time effect is retroactive and instantaneous.making it kinda trainwreaky and lulzy
actually i only like movies where the paradox is non-existant because the time travelers voyage to another timeline

I cannot wait until December 15th when the plebs on this board finally realize that Rian Johnson is a fucking hack.

The time travel logic is nonexistant, but other than that its a good watch.

i liked it till the last third, last third ruined all of it I feel

>That seamless transition from Joseph Gordon Levitt to Bruce Willis

No

Worst film I've ever watched.
Ugliest kid I've ever seen

good until the end which ruined it, i just wanted bruce willis to kill the edge kid and be with his japanese wife

Never have I ever wanted to smother a child actor more than the kid in this, so no, it was terrible, due to the kid.