Cave Carson Has A Cybernetic Eye #2

Because everything else was already storytimed edition

Thanks user!

Bumpity

Thank you user.

Mao's great art is like Darwyn Cooke's ( I love this guy too) without so much 50's nostalgia.

Came for this. Thanks OP

jesus

Wild Motherfucking Dog is here!

>Wild Dog vote for Trump

aww yeah motha fuckin' Sea Devils

>not raising him with breast milk
dumb move

How based can one man be?

Well, that just raises more questions.

bump

I like the contrast between the normal style and the more psychedelic stuff like this page.

>Captain Marvel

Based fucking Scioli.

I'm really liking this so far.

Doom Patrol>Cave>Shade>Panic

Man butt is explosive?
This is why gay shit used to be outlawed, isn't it!?

>New Cave Carson is out
>Flip to the back
>Still only 3 measly pages of the dopest comic out right now

Concisely sums up my experience.

>Crossed out Marvel
Kek

i've read all of the backups and just absolutely do not get them. Are they call backs or something? It all seems like nonsense. can you enlighten me what the fuck the backups are?

most chilling panel i've seen in a comic in awhile, thats how you do it

Go look up "Super Powers".
Jack Kirby did the first run (right?), it was both a tie-in for a toy line (much like Secret Wars), and a direct continuation of his Fourth World saga.

So far, Scioli's stuff is mostly just related in tone: giving mythic drama to something campy. It's supposed to be fun, but we get so little at a time.
You should read his Transformers Vs GI Joe, it's a trip, and I want to assume that it's what his Super Powers could be if it wasn't limited to 3 pages an issue.

Sup Forums has storytimed Jack Kirby's Super Powers once upon a time, maybe you can find it in an archive.

I still don't see the appeal of Cave, but
>Mother Panic at the bottom
Ha ha, i can't say that I disagree.

Transformers VS GIJoe is getting an Omni this spring.
I'd advise wait for that.

I feel Cave Carson is kinda undermined by the fact you'd totally rather have a full comic of Tom Scioli backups.

Black Manta?

I am unable to read the RAKKA sound effect without reading FRANK-A FRANK-A

> right here --

lmao

Here for this.

Na its flippa-dippa from the news boys legion.

PRAISE ANTI-LIFE

That's a fuckin rad page

Between this, DP and Shade, Young Animal is absolutely killing it right now. Based Way.

Much better than the first issue.

is that a batmobile?

This

speaking of killing, the sales are pretty dead so far too

at least Doom Patrol may survive

>imprints expected to sell gangbusters
New here?

Cool, thanks!

There's always trades.

They don't need to do as well as normal comics.

There were two original Super Powers minis, they were indeed a toy line tie in, but that is hardly noticible at all.
The first mini is writtenby Kirby, but the art isn't very well done, up until the final issue, which is Kirby and fucking excellent. It's where the Worlogos come from. Wonder Women also kisses Metron on the cheek.
The second mini is a direct sequel to Hunger Dogs, like it starts within minutes of HD's end, and is basically the 70's JLA vs Darksied, and it is fucking great.
Both are in the Jack Kirby Omnibus v2 from DC.

bump

>The second mini is a direct sequel to Hunger Dogs, like it starts within minutes of HD's end, and is basically the 70's JLA vs Darksied, and it is fucking great.
THAT is the one that was storytimed! I remember. But it was months ago.
I was confused by "wait, how can it be the second one if it's also a HD sequel?" but I guess that's cleared up.

I brought up the "toy tie-in" thing more as a comparison to Scioli's TFvGIJ, and just in general because Kirby can absolutely subvert expectations.
And technically Secret Wars was originally a toy tie-in too.

Wild Dog really made this issue. He's too much fun.

honestly I wouldn't be surprised if Scioli's Super Powers eventually gets spun off into it's own comic

Trips confirm it.