Every planet has just one biome

>every planet has just one biome

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4jri1iEMG7s
youtube.com/watch?v=EHB5oWc1dp0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>and each one can be found on earth

Doesn't bother me. Building a single detailed world would take more than a lifetime, building a galaxy filled with hundreds of realistic planets is impossible.

This is an issue though

at least do the minimum effort and have a tropical, arid, temperate and arctic climate present

even if you don't have the funds to show them all at least show a short image of the planet from order which shows the various climates and maybe have one of the officers make a remark they're landing in the [insert biome] region of the planet

It's actually because they had to film on the planet Earth.

>watch starwars
>google tatooine
>it's a real province in north africa

>Planet named Dagobah
> no wops to be found

another example of how the white patriarchy steals from PoC

I want to visit the nigger parts of Mars.

>Desert wandering nomad traders who will rip you off if you don't pay attention, named Jws if you leave out the letters, which is something they do in their holy writings.

How did he get away with this?

youtube.com/watch?v=4jri1iEMG7s

>and each one can be found on earth

Not when George was in charge

>at least do the minimum effort and have a tropical, arid, temperate and arctic climate present
Why? Unless you have scenes set there it doesn't matter.
Correct me if I'm wrong but we really only go to 5 planets in the OT? Tatooine, Hoth, Degobah, Bespin, and Endor.
An entirely arid planet is possible, and it's a none to subtle lift from dune, which spends a lot of time explaining the ecology of a desert planet and why it maintained a single biome.
Hoth is an ice planet. We have those in our solar system, it was theorized that earth at one point in its history was a frozen ice ball as well.
Degobah seen from orbit had a lot of green and blue, and was mostly covered in fog so you really can't make assumptions about what the rest of the planet is like outside of a few square miles around yoda's hut. If you look at the picture of degobah it's pretty earth like in appearance, just less brown and beige parts.
Bespin is a gas giant. What do you expect to see but clouds?
And Endor is kind of the same thing as degobah. But smaller. It even has visible ice caps.

Nice CGI, what movie?

>Building a single detailed world would take more than a lifetime
a few hours at best

Many of these planets are likely less than a quarter the size of earth. It would make sense that they would be less environmentally diverse than our planet

Tolkien spent most of his life building a single country within his world. I'd love to see you flesh one out in a few hours

>no planet pusy gf

Yeah space is fucking shit, its like Mexico forever

I'm sure glad so much of the movie was set in such a unique and visually interesting location, and not just wasted with people sitting around badly composited backgrounds.

>Yeah space is fucking shit, its like Mexico forever
The nice parts maybe.

Still better than derivative disney shit

>3 macro organism species on the entire planet
>having species at all

>on the entire planet
>only information we have on the planet is from a 1 minute scene
?

>every planet is just one culture

Not comparable because it doesn't have an atmosphere that can support life.

It's a small planet.
But seriously, if you were trying to show off some interesting alien stuff, why would you do a 1 minute scene with a shitty background environment?

So you're saying you would like disney star wars more if they inserted frames of desktop wallpapers from my college laptop, apropos of nothing?
I'll deliver this to Kathleen PERSONALLY.

FUCKING CHINLET

>Here's a montage of Jedi dying on all sorts of new, interesting planets with varying biomes
>Also we're going to keep going back to desert planets

>every planet is just one gender

Every planet we've seen other than Earth is a single biome planet.

not sure i understand the question
or rather the need for a question

>Okay so this Yoda guy, he lives on a swamp planet
>He lives in a swamp?
>THE WHOLE PLANET IS A SWAMP

I am sure a prequel fan wouldn't.

>only information we have on the planet is from a 1 minute scene
Everyone is forgetting about the glorious matte paintings.

>title crawl
>opening sequence
>our heroes arrive in the middle of an epic battle
>a tracking shot that shows how visually interesting and captivating this space battle is with the backdrop of a world-city
>our heroes fuck off to play with buzz droids and act like fags on grevious's ship

yet to be seen

>So the capital of the galaxy is a big city?
>THE WHOLE PLANET IS A CITY

This one is excusable IMO. You would need Tolkein-level autism to properly flesh out just one planet's worth of people, let alone an entire galaxy. Besides, global culture is already a thing on Earth.

>muh autism

retard.

Actually isn't it incredibly unlikely for a Earth planet to even exist. I mean we only have winter because of a fucking 23 degree tilt on the axis. Imagine if it was like a 5 degree tilt or even less.

so is jakku

>(((planet Earth)))
I don't buy this jewery, sorry

>I'd love to see you flesh one out in a few hours
You literally just come up with a bunch of dorky names for fields and mountains and cities and shit, it's not hard. Watch, I'll do it in five minutes:

In the land of Merrikesh, where the Grehgist River flows between the Great Boulders of Alghal into the windswept dunes of Mirth, into the dry plains of Anahgon where the monstrous flaygors sleep, into the rocky ashes of Mouldon, and finally into the Crion, another river sprouted from the faraway land of Redvail, and they continue south into the distant red wastes of Turinaga that crawls with serpents and dangerous beasts large and small, as the mighty Turinian River. And where the rivers meet, on the black delta, there is the city of Selvos, a prosperous city of power and wealth, with armies tens of thousands strong that ride upon the backs of great lizards and fight with curved rakkas. Their people are black as night, with eyes as yellow as the scorched earth beyond their mighty walls, which are adorned with tapestries describing three hundred years of terrific victories against their rivals, who are the Ferrodants of Derio far to the west. Their city is filled with ancient temples, covered in the shacks of the poor and overlooked by grassy hills which are home to the powerful rich. Their symbol, which is inscribed on the great stones they have erected across countless lands, is the komodo dragon.

There, I just came up with about a thousand square miles of a world in about five minutes. It probably wouldn't take me too much longer to build a whole world if I was a hack who actually wrote this shit for a living. Coupled with the literal hordes of people they have writing Star Wars lore, I imagine they could do a bit better.

>You would need Tolkein-level autism to properly flesh out just one planet's worth of people, let alone an entire galaxy.
i'd make the same argument for star wars.

How did Mars get that scar? how does that even form without water?

I'm pretty sure Mars did have water at one point.

once upon a time there was water on Mars

It really is a tired trope, along with:
>All the aliens look identical with no racial differences
>All aliens speak the same alien language
>Entire alien culture revolves around a single theme (I.e. war, finance, etc)

This. World building is easy if you know what you're doing. Plus borrowing large events from earth's own history and changing them slightly is an easy way to world build.

did alien spaceship crash land there?

weakass series, only popular because they were first

Aren't Star Wars planets a lot smaller?

>All the aliens look identical with no racial differences
Well honestly all black people look identical to me maybe it is just how we see other species.

audibly kek'd

OP btfo

>alien planet only has one homogeneous species

Dogobah is a location referenced in the bible, also.

proof

>If there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from.
It served the story in the first movie. The desert planet in the new movie was just them being lazy.

It's basically based on what you said, observing the geography and also the fact that we have already discovered water on mars haven't we? At least Ice probably not liquid water.

>probably

>entire galaxy has one language

Actually I just checked and apparently we have found water on mars but we have also found ice. What do you think is at the caps?

>long time ago
>galaxy far far away
>characters speak English

>What is Naboo

Realistically most planets would only consist of one biome, but Star Wars does absolutely have many planets with varied locations.

That said, the OT + TFA is guilty of the single-biome planet cliche, TFA much moreso due to it being an intended rip-off.

The Prequels/TCW/Other Canon media made by George or Lucasfilm showed much more diverse locations, and many that obviously could not be found on Earth.

Fuck JJ Abrams though, for real.

According to Wikipedia
>More than five million cubic kilometers of ice have been identified at or near the surface of modern Mars, enough to cover the whole planet to a depth of 35 meters (115 ft)

>The Prequels/TCW/Other Canon media made by George or Lucasfilm showed much more diverse locations

like what? Water Planet, City Planet and Lava Planet?

Most of the martian ice cap is actually dry ice.
But yes, we know there is water on mars now, that it had liquid water at one point, and there have been a few satellite images from one of the mars missions that may have identified liquid water appearing sporadically on the surface.

Damn, if only these things were mostly VERY high budget productions where you could just pay 1 guy or a group to come up with these indepth cultures.

Nobody's sure but the prevailing theory is techtonic activity.

theres clear evidence of liquid water currently on mars (channels that weren't there before)

post yfw you learned every planet in the Star Wars universe was filmed on the same planet

>robots designed to fight outside field of organic supervision
>don't just relay information to each other instantaneously and wirelessly
>instead audibly communicate in voices that the enemy army can understand

Whatup Leafy

Episode III
>Crash into a landing bay and instantly fuck up droids before their ships even have time to cool down
>Fuck around in some elevators while R2D2 engages in one of the most retarded comedic relief asides ever
>Both get captured in a force field quipping "we're better than this!"

EU: Darth Bane
>Sith lord is using battle meditation and is flat out dominating the space battle
>The tides start turning
>Realizes there's a strong Jedi using their own battle meditation
>Uses the force to find them
>Boards the ship and just fucking massacres everyone there single handedly
>Finds the Jedi and slaughters her on site
>Goes back to kicking everyone's ass with his battle meditation

Also the moon of Yavin but you never see more of that than a brief shot of forest.

but then we wouldn't get to hear those sexy vocoder voices

youtube.com/watch?v=EHB5oWc1dp0

>humanoids dominate the galaxy because they got together and wiped everything else out for being inferior

his father was a drinker and a fiend

ayy activity

>At a height of 25km [85k feet],Olympus Monson Mars is the largest volcano in the Solar System and is nearly three times as tall asMount Everest. It is thought that one of the reasons thatOlympus Monsand the other volcanoes on Mars are large is that the Red Planet's crust doesn't move like the Earth's.

Who the fuck knows but a lot of shit has happened there and could possibly support life as the sun swells and earth becomes too hot. Like a theory about Venus.

>Dagobah was a planet in the Dagobah system, and one of the purest places in the galaxy within the Force.
It's the force. I ain't got to explain shit

I think he means exotic, not diverse

lots of theories including some really strange ones like "big thunderbolt hit planet"

>Fleet of ships floating in space
>they're all oriented the same way

Endor too

>THIS is what an "ALIEN" looks like when you travel into deep space
and people called TOS lazy for the Andorians

>but people still need interpreters

OP BTFO

Rakata aren't really humanoids.

>I've never watched star trek

smaller planets can support larger mountains. The more gravity you have, the rounder you are, which means mountains get flattened out. If Earth was denser, the Himalayas wouldn't be as tall even with the same plate tectonics.

Global culture is and isn't a thing, it depends on where you live. At places American culture has infused into local, some places are still relatively free of massive foreign influences.

Star Trek homogenizes alien races to a level where there's only one language, on religion, one way of thinking etc. where as Earth still is a potpourri of things even in most homogenized areas.

The eu one is boring

What bugs me more than single biome planets is the fact that none of the biomes are truly alien or different at all to what you would find on earth.

Except maybe Mustafar.

This isn't unreasonable if the planet developed like this from the start. Most of the human planets in Star Wars were colonized by people with high tech coming in with starships. It'd be if a bunch of French settled within a star system, they will obviously all be some variation of French culture.

Even mars doesn't have just one biomes. It has ice caps, and parts get wetter in the summer than other. It's easy to imagine it's all just the same shit when you see it from space though.

This. Also the Federation in the 25th century has no pop culture, and every piece of entertainment is derived from period fiction because apparently humans lost their creativity somewhere along the way.

God came and asked "why so serious?"