I think the US voting age should be pushed up to 25 with all previous restrictions based on criminal record...

I think the US voting age should be pushed up to 25 with all previous restrictions based on criminal record, citizenship, and whatnot kept intact.

Why? Because no one under 25 knows their fucking ass from their elbow and are prone to vote with their feelings rather than their logic.

Can anyone refute this?

Other urls found in this thread:

download.militaryonesource.mil/12038/MOS/Reports/2013-Demographics-Report.pdf
thepoliticalinsider.com/whoa-rep-trey-gowdy-just-made-a-major-announcement-about-trump/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Democrats would never win again, so it'll never happen.

That's what drives me insane about politics around here. Dems will pander the absolute lowest common denominator for votes and fuck up the country for years to come, then Republicans take office and get blamed for all the shortcomings of the lefties

That means that 43% of the US military would NOT be allowed to practice in the democracy they are protecting.
If we put a waiver of some sort in for them, I'm good with it.

>mfw my country allows voting with 16

* pg. 22
download.militaryonesource.mil/12038/MOS/Reports/2013-Demographics-Report.pdf

Not only that. It should also be restricted to those who pay their taxes or, in a broader way of speaking, anyone who has a stake in their country.

I think US voting should only be done by landowners.

Or how about some sort of civil service that earns a right to vote? Volunteer a year of your life after high school as a pathway to votership?

>hey guys, I don't like our arbitrary age threshold for voting. Here's another arbitrary threshold that IMO is much better

>16

>being allowed to vote

That would be fucking catastrophic in the US

Yes, thats what he said. And there's nothing wrong with it. Are you special? Do you have brain damage?

Hold a conversation with an 18-year-old about politics.

Then hold a conversation with someone who is 25 about politics.

Tell me which one has more sound reasoning

ITT baby just got his 25th bday and thinks he now knows everything better than everyone else.

>implying your vote even maters
you goys should know better

Butthurt 19-year-old detected. Don't you have some 1000-level courses to barely pass somewhere?

Hold a conversation with a 25-year-old about politics.

Then hold a conversation with someone who is 45 about politics.

Tell me which one has more sound reasoning.

You're barking up the wrong tree, fellas. Age isn't the answer.

A

FUCKING

STAR

People under 25 don't vote anyways.

I think only taxpayers should be allowed to vote

I'm under 25. I think that's fair with an exception for people who are showably intelligent under 25

I'm 24 and would like to vote but im down for whatever keeps the faggy college cunts from voting

>grouping 18-29 in one set

Pew Research fucked that one up

people over the age of 60 should inversely have their voting rights taken away.

The one who isn't voting Democrat or Green Party

Pretty emotional post, OP. PMS?

Each person takes a psychological test and an intelligence test every five years.

If they fall within the top 5%, they can vote.

Females excluded.

Only landowners should be allowed to vote in any country, they are the only ones with "skin in the game"

>voting Green

>ever

Are you sure about that? Take a look around you. People don't suddenly trend conservative for four years in their late 20s and then go back to where they were before.

Again, age isn't the answer.

Weighted votes is the way to go

Age 18-20 1 vote = 0.50 votes
Age 21-25 0.75 votes
Age 26-50 1.00 vote
Age 51-70 0.75 votes
Age 75+ no vote

THIS!

I'm under 25 and I'm not voting democrat so your statement is false.

>Age 75+ no vote
No. You forgot 71-75 in your numbers too, moron

There's no such thing as an informed voter because no individual knows all there is to know of a topic. Economists all view the economy through their specified lens. And they don't all agree while being expert.

The great illusion of life is thinking everyone else is stupid and that you're the exception.

The truth is there should be panels with experts that make decisions. A panel of economists, a panel of Generals and so forth.

And no one should be allowed to vote.

The problem is we do not hold anyone accountable anymore. The internet and the media are full of disinformation and people all over are using the confusion and ignorance it has caused to take advantage of Americans. There are more lies than truth floating around and no one has the time or desire to look for truth anymore.

What happens when a group establishes lad trusts that are owned by any arbitrarily large number of people?

So your only argument for 25 voting age is that older people vote more republican?

Why do you guys think republicans are better then democrats?

In the past 50 years, a republican president was in the white house for 28 years. What did he change?

Its an interesting idea OP, there diffinately need to be some changes.

One cam see, how the Democratic Party is effectively trying to take over by bringing in a welfare based voter class with refugees and literally take over the 2 party system.

There need to be some changes.

People need to be repatrionized for America, we need to suppress the spread of Marxism, because it wont go away on its own.

>and are prone to vote with their feelings rather than their logic.
then women should be excluded too

i think it should be based on are you paying taxes or not.

Uh oh, sounds like our Portuguese friend is on to something.

whats a lad trust?

I am 19 and would consider myself an informed voter and I am voting for Trump

25 is a bit high, it would drastically reduce the number of people who can vote which isn't a very good thing honestly, make it 21 maybe.

A land trust. The reasoning extends to corporations that own property too, corporations can have thousands or even millions of shareholders.

The biggest threat to humanity was brought down under a Republican president.

The propaganda laws eclipsed in 2013, and since then propaganda has been legal.

We need to change that, and make journalists and press be held accountable, let them be sue-able.

Only actual US citizens would be able to vote... in an ideal world

You have rules against that, Simple enough. Property must be worth minimum 100k, one vote per property per person. This would prevent people owning burial plots to vote.

It is opposite. Everyone older than 40 should be banned from vote and elections. Their life is pretty much over at this point they want to sit on their asses and collect dividends. Such people are worthless for country if they are allowed to do what they please.

I'm talking about white genocide, welfare and all this cringy things Sup Forums speaks off.

What did republicans do?

>Property must be worth minimum 100k
How do you estimate worth again?

>You have rules against that, Simple enough. Property must be worth minimum 100k, one vote per property per person. This would prevent people owning burial plots to vote.

Wrong again. You're equating a hundred acres in rural Mississippi to a hundred square feet in Manhattan. The people who own these parcels don't share many common characteristics.

Let's take out GW and GHW, they are neocons. Nixon and Reagan in tandem stopped the Cold War

Pushed for family-based initiatives. That is, encouraging a strong nuclear family over the interest of these pseudo-Marxists with rainbow colored hair and gender identity issues.

THAT is what made the US strong. That, and an overwhelmingly powerful military.

If you're old enough to pay taxes you're old enough to have a vote in how it should be spent.
You'te essrntiallt wanting to remove someones right to vote just cause they have a different opinion than you.

What do you guys think of mandatory military service and training at 18?

Basically reserve level, with career options.

This could repatrioniz the next generation and defeat Marxism.

Basically it would be like the JDF, and give access to college, and training and vocalional opertunities.

It should be 30.

Only people who paid >0 in taxes vote

When you buy a property a value is assessed by the state for tax purposes.

> The same percentage of people under 25 vote based on feelings as those over 25, i.e. most of them. Their feelings and priorities are just different.

So you're admitting that older, wiser, more mature people typically vote republican?

Not my fault that land isn't worth its weight in dog shit.

The same state run by elected officials who depend on votes, interesting.

By that same logic only people who served in the military should be allowed to vote because they give up their lives to serve the nation. Don't be a fool every person who is old enough to live on their own should be allowed to vote. It is part of the natural right of self determination. If only one group votes you will end up with rule by a small group who will simply abuse everyone else.

>granting the sate power to regulate vote entrance barrier

Is it? Who grows the food the other eats? Which one produces more resources?

As a 24 year old, im now voting for mentallyhill because of this shitpost :^)

>Can anyone refute this?
Nah but people who are on welfare for any reason don't deserve a vote.
>And no one should be allowed to vote
wtf? Screw that. Then they would just bribe the "experts" to get what they want. You're putting too much faith in your fellow man and not enough trust in yourself.

why?

votkng age should be 40

>mandatory military service and training at 18

Negative. I did my time in the Navy and even then I saw a bunch of crybabies and malingerers who deserved nothing more than a good hazing. These were volunteers, mind you.

>Let's take out those who i don't like

> Nixon and Reagan in tandem stopped the Cold War
Source? Kennedy was the one that handled the cuban missiles crisis.

Reagan also was the one that invited the mexicans to California.

>Pushed for family-based initiatives. That is, encouraging a strong nuclear family
Any actual legislation?

>So you're admitting that older people typically vote republican

yes

Poltics in america, its just a circus anyway

if only the most intelligent were allowed to vote the poor would suffer.

fuck off grandad you don't deserve a vote when you're dying next week

Now:
> I am only 16, since I can't vote, I have no interest for politics.

With your law:
> I am only 23, since I can't vote, I have no interest for politics.

Seems much better.

its really interesting to me that in western countries the young vote goes overwhelmingly liberal, whereas if in our election only the first time voters (18-22) counted, our """"nazi"""" party would win

The poor are poor because they are imbeciles.

they are retired and arent usefull to the community anymore.
i feel angry at the boomer who lived in the glorious 30s where everything was golden have insane pension and make it a hellish place for newest generations.
once those selfish cunt have died in 20year the eldest wont be that much of an issue anymore.

If you get a 2 foot by 2 foot area and the state says its worth 100k, then you have to pay taxes on that. Its how property values work.

>Any actual legislation?

Nope, because it's easier to inspire people to do the right thing when you aren't forcing it on them.

You know, like leaving Angola in a timely fashion and not becoming the laughing stock of Europe

>Source?
Us history?
Bush 41 and Bush 43 were not fucking conservatives, cry about it

Many ancient people had their age of majority (adulthood) set at 30.

>Ancients, more based than us?

25 is not really arbitrary, since that is when the brain is fully developed.

Congratulations, user, you've discovered poll taxes. If you want them, just say you want them, I don't have a problem with it.

>then you have to pay taxes on that.
Tax rate is regulated by state too. Pretty soon you would see niggers with 2 foot by 2 lots "worth" of 100k and paying zero taxes on them.

By that logic women shouldnt vote either

>Ancients, more based than us?
Yeah you dumbfuck. It's a kike meme that we've got better with time. Ancient Greece was the peak of human civilization, it's been degenerating since then.

If I'm dying next week then I can't get out TO vote anyways. What about younger people with cancer? They might die before they live through their decision's effect, should they be not allowed to vote? Fuck, everyone could die at any time, let's not let voting any longer

It should also depend on what the land is used for
Something like this
>Home=1 vote
>Business=2 votes
>Farm=3 votes
Farm gets 3 because farmers make food for everyone and thus support a majority of the population, so I believe they should be the ones who get the largest stake. I promise its not just because everyone in my family except me is a farmer...

Actually, why don't we petition the US Senate and Congress to do this? Sure, it'd take a while but if they keep getting bugged by enough people over long enough time they'd concede to it.

> I know the uber-based Trey Gowdy would be all for it!

Oh, and it was just announced that Trump has picked Gowdy for his Attorney General. Fuck yeah!

thepoliticalinsider.com/whoa-rep-trey-gowdy-just-made-a-major-announcement-about-trump/

No one without at least a graduate degree should be allowed to vote.

Undergrads are some of the dumbest pieces of shit only a little smarter than highschool educated bullshit. They definitely aren't qualified to vote.

I don't even know why we allow people to continue to exist when they refuse to pursue higher education.

Not only should you not be able to vote if you only have a highschool level education, you shouldn't be able to vote, breed, or interact with people who have degrees.

>source have Masters. few semis away from phd.

is it true that upstanding citizens with criminal records can't vote in murrika? my source is northern exposure. how is this legal?

You mean non citizens can vote now? Why?

I like this. There really should be a special voting register that isn't dependent on citizenship alone.

No wonder your country's so fucked up! You've got babies making political decisions. Might as well hand your government keys over to fucking infants.

100k could buy you almost 15 acres in Natrona, Wyoming... That should count as way more than a 1 bedroom apartment in NY

I think it should be based on whether you’re working or not, only those who contribute to the state should be allowed to have a say in who runs the state.