“I don't mean to sound irreverent when I say I don't care about the die-hard Trek fans...

>“I don't mean to sound irreverent when I say I don't care about the die-hard Trek fans,” he told us at an event in Los Angeles. “I only ‘don't care’ about them in the sense that I know they’re all going to watch anyway. I look forward to having the fun of them being outraged, so they can sit up all night and talk about it with each other.”

Why are they being so rude? I was 100% going to watch this show, but now I feel like I have to not watch it.

Of course we're all going to watch it. But I doubt that people will bother tuning in and will just pirate it instead.

hes not wrong tho

>watching
>cable tv
lol that's fucking retarded

>being a cuck to fanboys' autistic demands

>show is called std
>won't go viral

>cable TV

it's worse than that, user

these retards dont get it. nobody likes star trek, ONLY the fans. if they made the show actually good, those autistics losers would buy merch and go to conventions for the next 50 fucking years. they really do not understand at all

>they're going to watch it anyway
lol no I'm not

They're going to reboot the Prime Timeline.

Calling this shit now.

Star trek sucks anyways. It's only for baby boomers

Wew this is going to be a fucking disaster

big st fan and am watching fucking orville instead

They're not fans, they're morons.
Fans will D R O P your shit when you desecrate what they love.

See: SW prequel apologists, Prometheus defenders, those that watched anything Terminator after the terrible T3 etc

Yeah I'm also probably not going to watch this, and I've literally seen every episode of Star Trek

Speak for yourself fag. It looks like utter shit. Not watching it.

Another "WE'RE TOO BIG TO FAIL GUISE!" loser Who thinks people haven't already heard enough of people like him "POOPOOPEEPEE"-ing at other fanbases and their respective shows. You can only posture so much like this before people are just "yeah no, we're really not going to bother cuck"

This will go the way of every property that was invaded by heavy-handed progressives: these iterations will be lost to time and utterly forgotten during the next reboot cycle.

The whole thing is turning into a shithole desu. Him and now they're comparing the Klingon's to Trump supporters on Twitter and the ultimate insult of putting it only on CBS All Access instead of CBS ... the whole thing is just anti-Star Trek imo.

I see people have learned nothing about taking others for granted. First Hillary assumed she didn't have to campaign in some states because who else are they going to vote for and now the creators of this lame-ass Trek in name only show are assuming the die-hard Trekkies are going to just watch their show.

>they’re all going to watch anyway.
Wasn't that the exact phrase plastered all over this shitheap?

lol what an arrogant piece of shit
does he not understand that he will alienate 80% of the people who want to watch this by openly stating that he takes them for granted?

This might have worked for him, if The Orville wasn't so fucking comfy. Now the die-hard Trek fans (like me) will just watch Orville instead of this bullshit.

>
CBS is putting Star Trek: Discovery under a cloaking device until fans get to see it. In a highly unusual move, the company is not sending out screeners to critics for its super-secret new drama, and the company is embargoing any reviews from its upcoming New York and Los Angeles premiere events until after the show debuts on air.

This has DOA written all over it.

God what an awful fuckhead this guy is. You can almost hear the giggle in his voice as he openly mocks Trekkies.

You didn't even know what a baby boomer was until it became le hot new meme a few months ago. Fuck off.

The declining ratings of Trek from TNG to ENT suggests many will refuse to tune in.

This, no one will pay premium for this shit, but they will pirate it to see just how bad it is.

How disconnected from reality are these producers/showrunners ?

underrated

Disconnected enough to do the exact same thing to every single property they get their hands on even while watching everyone else who does said exact same thing fail over and over again.

They should have planned to broadcast at least the first season to give the show a chance to catch on. Or put it on literally any other streaming service that people actually pay for. If the show was great, then they could have used it as leverage to get people on All Access for an exclusive second season. Instead they got greedy, and now both the show and their shitty service will fail.

>so they can sit up all night and talk about it with each other
Is this how these retards think conversations go? You get at most 5 minutes of bitching/slating, and that's generous. You want long angry conversations about something, you make sure there's quality to induce passion, rather than dismissal. This is Sony levels of retardation.

Stuff like this baffles me, like how hard is it to do a little PR and go "oh don't worry!, there's plenty here for both hardcore trekkies and new fans to love!" I know it looks bland and PR talkish, but there's absolutely no point in pissing off your fanbase intentionally, especially when the guy wasn't really being combative

>Just blue my shit up

Trekkies are a bunch of weird autists, but this dude's still a complete jackass.

>Star Trek was a TV SHOW about new tehnologies
>it was about exploring new worlds and new experiences

2017 startrek
>I look forward to having the fun of them being outraged

Go read some more of his tweets. He's an arrogant asshole who thinks he is the smartest and everyone else is on the "wrong side of history." He deserves to have STD fail because of his dickish attitude. He won't learn anything from it though. He has no self-awareness.

>STD fails
>blame it on trekkies for being racist, homophobe, bigots, islamophobe and being white of course

That's exactly what this white boi will do. And it's not that he didn't get the memo that calling people racist doesn't work anymore, it's just that he didn't read the memo because he assumes it was written by a racist.

It's simply about having absolute contempt for your audience, something which is obviously standard fare among these people, and nowadays they don't bother hiding it, heck they even take pride in it as we see here.

the utter contempt these (((people))) have for their fans is amazing

To be fair, too many of the people complaining about STD really are Sup Forumsshits that are completely unable to hide their racism, sexism, homophobia, bigotry, etc.

Take as an example.

It's been fashionable to blame boomers for over a decade you retard.

>writers directors actors and everyone else shits on source material and fanbase
>YOU"RE JUST A RACIST

Fuck off faggot

>the utter contempt these (((people))) have for their fans is amazing

Not on Sup Forums, faggot.

your power level is showing sempai

>Didnt even know who said the quote
>Didnt know if it was man or woman
>Could easily tell they were a member of the tribe

just like how Michael B Jordan said people would go see Fantastic 4 anyway

>TV viewers are dead
>'Viewers' don't have to be your audience.

what the fuck

>I don't care about people in those states, I know they will vote for me anyways.

Any time the actors and directors start shit talking the fans for not liking the movie or show before it is even out you know it is a bad sign.

See ghost busters and any other number of shows.

If it was good they would just sit back and collect their checks once it premiers. Instead they do this to try to get pitty views.

You know what her lines should be?

>"MMMFF MMMMFFF MMMMFFF"

That's the sound of her nigger monkey lips around a WHITE captain's cock, being a naked live in nigger cock socket for her entire tenure on the starship.

Yeah that's right I said it.

Speak your yourself fag. Watching it.

I don't get this complaint tho. Yeah it looks more advanced then TOS.

But for fucks sake we already have large lcd touch screens that could replicate that console in modern day. Not making syfy more advanced than modern day is just asking for a shit reaction from anyone watching.

Well we know its bad enough that there's a /trek thread at pol right now

Poor quality bait

>>

>Why are they being so rude?
Liberal libshits gonna lib.

>more advanced then TOS
>then

Disqualified from participating in a discussion with adults.

Id watch it

What a whitty add hominim you have applied, surly I am defeated by your mitty brain.

urge to kill rising

At they're changing the story, they're going to write themselves into a corner where rebooting the prime timeline is the only option they have left.

People like continuity, and tech creep trivializing problems or magically becoming irrelevant has been an issue for Trek. If it's supposed to be a prequel, it should give off a prequel vibe, which that shot certainly doesn't.

I'll give you that making everything look worse than $15 worth of 1960s-70s setbuilding would be an interesting decision, but that doesn't negate the previous concerns.

Pretty shit taste, user.

If you're a fan of the series and you watch this show, you are a fucking brainless herd animal.

I can't be worried about a show I have no interest in seeing. Trek is dead, it died with Voyager--let the corpse rest, please.

>add hominim
>mitty

I'm not really concerned with it looking futuristic, I want to know why the bridge is so damn dark? It looks like the only source of light is the screens. Was it movie night? What movies were they watching?

I wish I was Kira's sweater.

They were watching The Orville

>I dare you not to watch it!
Challenge accepted.

Watch a bit of Enterprise. There's definitely a lot of mediocre episodes, but there's some seriously kino material, especially in Season 3 and 4.

Look up a watch-list for the series so you can see which ones can (or should) be skipped.

Surely the best marketing strategy is to make fun of the fanbase so they watch.

Is he saying themes and story override props and setting?

I brought that up in my next tweet, Enterprise wasn't over the top with the tech, was updated without totally outclassing what TOS had.

>any of the people complaining about STD really are Sup Forumsshits

I'd like to see the study that proves this

>blue and red

i guess its going to be pure action

i like star trek for the slowburn comfy mystery episodes, and the occasional ethical dilemma episodes

>Pretty shit taste, user.
This is a STD thread after all.

We haven't had even 1 (one) single thread about STD in the entire history of STD that didn't have racist, sexist, homophobic and/or bigoted posts in it.

Yeah, it'll be shit, but we don't have to resort to being Sup Forums in order to describe how shitty it is. We are giving CBS our permission to place the blame on us when we make those posts.

It doesn't matter if they are racist/sexist/homophobic/bigoted/whatever if they are right about STD being shit.

Star JUST: Diversity

That's funny, because I wasn't planning on watching it, and I sure as shit won't watch it now.

>I know they’re all going to watch anyway.
Just because you said that...

This is a misstep for which this actor, Jason Isaacs, should apologize for making. Will his feet be held to the fire? Why or why not?

"die hard Trek fans" means 'straight white males' in his mind, so he enjoys verbally jabbing them.

It worked so well for Ghostbusters what could go wrong!?