Would you try to open the box?

once they make you a cenobite your actually immortal and pretty down with all the pain. Though I dont think id do it.

do cenobites fuck each other? 'cause I would do it to shag the chatterer

I would sacrifice it all for eternal life and power.

This is what separates the weak from the strong.

I don't think everyone gets to be a cenobite, although there are no clear set of rules on the matter.

Most people who open the box don't get to become cenobites, and just rot in hell forever.

One also shouldn't assume that being a cenobite is in-and-of-itself all that pleaseant either, since the transformation commonly suggests an unwitting person dragged in against their will and made a lead-slave of hell due to their depraved inner life. Dr. Channard was "scared" in the middle of his transformation, but both beginning and end strongly indicate a guy who really wanted what the hellworld was all about "and to think... I hesitated". This isn't true for everybody though.

There is a university library that I visit somtimes. The ground tile immediatly outside its entrance has a large central circular element and sixteen radial elements forming a decorative square, under a low ceiling. Every time I see it it reminds me of the box.

As they say, "Angels to some, demons to others."

>be pinhead
>make lament configurations in the form of fidget spinners
>???
>profit

if its painful i guess thats their whole deal. pain being the most exquisite of pleasures. at least from what i gather from the comics and the movies.

I never read the comics, are they any good?

The mythos vaguey suggests that the weirder, more depraved, and more thoughtful people are picked sometimes. It also pretty clearly suggests that most people just end up as eternal bitchbois like Frank Cotton.

>the wire twins will never cut your dick off and drive you mad with lust one day and tear out your spine the next, for ten thousand years, without end

I doubt if I have the will power you mentioned

they are pretty good at first but then devolve into a sort of capeshit scenario. Like at the beginning its kind of like tales from the crypt but with the box and it shows what happens to people. once they go into the origins and how they are about order while heavens about chaos it gets meh at least for me. but the art is on point and some of the stories are great.

I think it's obvious if you are bad ass enough you can kick every cenobites ever existed

There's two anthology series (one from the 90s, one recent). They have some great stories in them, but are a mixed bag in terms of quality. There were also a couple minis edited by one of the Wachowskis which are actually pretty good.

Then there's the Boom Studios series, which had Clive Barker involved. It starts pretty good as a sequel to the first two movies. Then it takes a really strange turn that is very WTF though in a "why the fuck is this happening in a Hellraiser story" kind of way. then it gets back on track. There's a mini in between called The Road Below which is good, though. Though it'll spoil some things if you didn't read the main series before it.

Its more valuable if its sealed.

Oh, also, though the new comic works as a sequel to the movies, Barker basically declared it non-canon the moment Scarlet Gospels came out.

I know. That box looks like some buildings

Thanks Ben yee

I will open your mum's box

>comics are canon to movies

This is never true.

What does it do other than summoning those deformed fucks to come and rape you?

after you solve the shit they come and take you to rape hell. if your tough and weird enough you get accepted if not you just get fucked.

I dunno, seems like a bad idea. I guess I could talk about weird fetishes with them, though. Like, they get sexual gratification from pain, and body modification, but is that it? They need to expand their portfolio.

Ashley Laurence > Heather Langenkamp. Best Final Girl hands down.

I wish its movie design was an actual puzzle and not several different props of different stages.

It would be pointless. Real life is already hell

Yeah you can tell they swapped the prop when they switched back to close up of people's reaction

>pretty down with all the pain.
Because they've lived for eternities and the only way they can feel anything is by mutilating themselves and others.

The whole point of what the cenobites put you through is to make you experience a sensation that is beyond understand that blurs the line between pain and pleasure so much it's I'm gay.

Desire opens the box.