Planet of the Apes/Green Lantern #1 Regular Cover, Creative Team and Release Date Revealed

>2016 has been a great year for crazy comic book crossovers, but 2017 is shaping up pretty nicely, too. February marks the debut of Planet of the Apes/Green Lantern, a joint effort between BOOM! Studios and DC Comics that brings the heroes of the Green Lantern Corps to a post-apocalyptic world where apes reign supreme.

>BOOM! Studios has given us the exclusive reveal of the cover to Planet of the Apes/Green Lantern #1, which was drawn by iconic Green Lantern artist Ethan Van Sciver.

>Planet of the Apes/Green Lantern is a six-issue mini-series that will be co-written by Robbie Thompson (Silk) and Justin Jordan (Green Lantern: New Guardians). The series will be drawn by Barnaby Bagenda (The Omega Men). Alongside this cover, BOOM! revealed that issue #1 will feature variant covers by Steve Morris, Paul Rivoche, Felipe Massafera and David Ryan Robinson.

>BOOM's official description for the mini-series teases, "When Taylor goes missing, Cornelius investigates and discovers an ancient ring, unlike anything he has ever seen. As its power echoes through the stars, the Guardians of the Universe must reveal to their Lanterns a secret they had hoped would remain buried. With the Green Lantern Corps, led by Hal Jordan, racing to get to the source of this power before Sinestro can get his hands on it, they will discover a truth that will change them forever on...the Planet of the Apes!"

>Look for Planet of the Apes/Green Lantern #1 to hit comic shops and digital providers on February 1, 2017.

This sounds like it could be really baller but I'm afraid that they will mess it up.

>Justin Jordan (Green Lantern: New Guardians)
Gross

Still sounds potentially cool though, I'll give it a shot

>The series will be drawn by Barnaby Bagenda (The Omega Men)
Holy shit

Fuck you DC you incompetent dung pile. You deserve all your bland rebirth titles slipping in sales and you deserved to lose October. Fuck you for wasting Bagenda on this.

triggered

>Robbie Thompson
I haven't read any of this fella's stuff, any good?

Fuck off.

GORRILA
ORRILA
RILA
RILA
ILA
LA
A
MONTH
ONTH
NTH
TH
H

just imagine how they're gonna work Grodd and Congorilla and all the ape characters into this

it's gonna be glorious

OH MY GOD, I WAS WRONG!
IT WAS OAH, ALL ALONG!

He's going to be the ape infiltrator, right?

Of course. Fuck DC and fuck wasting good art on crap writing.

Is there not a lantern who's an actual ape already?

That Yellow from Soranik's group?

GRODD BETTER SHOW UP

Been doing that ever since they hired Alan Moore.

>The series will be drawn by Barnaby Bagenda (The Omega Men)
God damn it

To be fair, Bagenda's literally only had one project so far. They probably want to expand his portfolio a bit before putting him on something big. This is just a mini anyway.

>Robbie Thompson

fuck

There's literally nothing stopping Bagenda from not working on this book. Face it user, most creative teams get formed because they actually want to work on a book. I can just see you painting a scenario of Dan Didio menacingly cracking his fists at Bagenda threatening him to work on this book. You're a fucking idiot you know that?

>The series will be drawn by Barnaby Bagenda (The Omega Men).
Go fuck yourself DC. Are you going to waste Sonny Liew on some garbage crossover as well?

Didio isn't holding a gun to his head and making him do something he doesn't want to do

Of course not, Didio actually has great ideas.