Well this sucked, watching this just makes me want to see the original Ayer cut more

Well this sucked, watching this just makes me want to see the original Ayer cut more.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/NSKemW-HWxs
youtu.be/FXcVW14yxYw
youtu.be/X_ZMozUm6Js
youtube.com/watch?v=9jzvxIRgnBQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Man, what is even the point of going to whatch the first cut of a DCEU movie on cinema, if they are going to display the better versions of all of their flicks later anyway?

>watching this just makes me want to see the original Ayer cut more.
Why? Even without the shitty pop-trailer style editing, it would still have that terrible script.

>the first cut of a movie
Fixed.

Was it worse? Any particular reasons why this cut didn't manage to serve the characters and story better?

Nigga pls, the script was pure Ostrander you know who Ostrander is, don't you? There are so many casuals in this board.

>look for torrents
>4 or 5 GB
Come on.

Is it the original director's cut or an extended theatrical cut?

Is it as irritatingly dark as the theater cut, or did they add more light so we can know what the fuck is happening?

"Lady, you are evil!" is pure Ostrander?

It was basically the same movie with a few scenes that were in trailers and from set pics but wasn't in the theatrical cut added to it.

>didn't read the books
Thanks for the info.

No, I haven't read the Suicide Squad comics. I just don't like bad movies.

Well, crying like a bitch in an anonymous image board doesn't make it better, ennit, kid?

I'm actually curious now, did Ostrander really have shit dialogue like ancient magical enchantresses saying "you don't have the balls"? Because I find that hard to believe.

Hmm damn thats unfortunate

In that case please go back to Sup Forums. We already have enough with tumblrinas and trumprinas in this board.

To be fair, "balls" as a term for "testicles" dates back to the 1300s

Dude, you're a fucking joke. You don't even care about whether a movie works as a movie or not as long as you can defend it because you liked what it was based on. Get some perspective. The plot was terrible. The effects were terrible. The emotional beats didn't land, and the script was laughable, but not even in an entertaining way. If you really liked Ostrander's comics, you're disrespecting them by comparing them to this movie.

Yeah, but the specific line "you don't have the balls/you don't have the guts" as a Hollywood cliche is a bit younger.

Ayer said there will be no directors cut. This extended cut was made by the studio to capitalize on the success of the extended cut of BvS.

>implying ostrander wouldn't throw the squad into the middle of nowhere to fight against d-listers

I've got to hand one thing to WB, they know some good moneymaking tricks. Releasing BvS all at once to get the opening weekend profits before word of mouth could kill it was a masterful move. And since they know their fans are devoted enough, they managed to re-release a "no, it's good this time!" version and make even more money.

People got tired of these cheap tricks on Marvel comics, soom it will backfire on WB too.

>Ayer wraps up the movie
>BvS is a critical failure
>WB call Trailer Park (guys who edited the trailers) to mememize the movie just like the trailers
>In the cinemas we saw the Trailer Park cut
>Ayer says it's his cut because he fears WB and then says there isn't going to be a extended/director's cut
>WB tell him to fuck off and release a Extended Cut because of more munayz
>Ayer says nothing
>Extended Cut is literally Trailer Park cut with a few extra scenes

youtu.be/NSKemW-HWxs

Wait like 20 years and we'll see Ayer's cut just like Richard Donner's Superman 2

Also, here's whats missing in the movie

youtu.be/FXcVW14yxYw
youtu.be/X_ZMozUm6Js
youtube.com/watch?v=9jzvxIRgnBQ

True, but I don't think it will be by the time of Wonder Woman. Wonder Woman has something other female superhero movies didn't have, in that Wonder Woman is seen as a feminist icon by many non-comic readers, so she allows DC to keep doing what they're doing by relying on how culturally cemented their characters are. That's got to be worth at least a good opening weekend, even if the quality ends up being poor. It's probably their Flash or Aquaman movie hat will actually see some flagging sales, as they aren't building a brand strong enough to support those characters.

no reasons, remember that people hate this movie because it has a woman that is sexy and cool at the same time.

I reaaaaally think that's the reason people over here hate the movie, they just hate powerful women because they can't get any.

And yes, I hate tumblr, comblr and this whole PC bullshit culture, but honestly I don't see any other reason as to why people hate this movie but love the cookie cutter marvel movies

>And yes, I hate tumblr, comblr and this whole PC bullshit culture, but honestly I don't see any other reason as to why people hate this movie but love the cookie cutter marvel movies

Marvel movies can handle things like basic act structure and character arcs, which is something Suicide Squad was clearly unable to do.

And you can complain about the action in the MCU all you want, even the worst films in that series had better setpieces then SS. I have no idea how the guy who directed Fury and End of Watch shit the bed so hard on basic framing and escalation.

And Margot Robbie and Viola Davis are the two most praised things about the film, even on Sup Forums. It's like the one comic book movie where this board praised the woman characters.

>Dude, you're a fucking joke. You don't even care about whether a movie works as a movie or not as long as you can defend it because you liked what it was based on.

not the same user but you are even worse, you are just hating it fot the sake of hating it.

And there is nothing wrong on creating a product for the fans and this wasn't even the case since normies loved the shit out of the film!

>Marvel movies can handle things like basic act structure and character arcs

The problem is that everything is too generic and formulaic.

I rather see a movie with problems but with a ton of balls like Suicide Squad than a boring predictable movie like dr strange

I so wish everyone who uses the "you just hate X because you're racist/sexist" "argument" got run over by a truck.
The discussions would improve dramatically.

>you are just hating it fot the sake of hating it.
I'm hating it because it's unwatchable, what's unfair about that? I criticized the script, and he had to jump in and say "B-but muh comics!" Who cares? The original Ayer cut being bad was part of what caused DC to jump in with a reedit by the trailer guys in the first place. From the looks of it, it would have been a drab, generically Hollywood-plotted affair, with maybe a better plot progression and character development. But the dialogue still sounds like it was written by and for small children, except with more swear words.

Yes but I know how dorks work (tee hee) and a lot of lonely virgins with rage isues, A.K.A most Sup Forums posters, they hate seeing characters like Harley Quinn and the Joker acting the way they were acting towards each other.

And I know that a lot of people here hate the idea of live action women doing cool shit, specially if normies like it, specially if females normies like it.

I mean, why did people hated Twilight so much? was it because of the wussy vampires? NO! It was because girls were freaking out about it and wanted to fuck the main dude.

Lonely virgins hate that.

>I'm hating it because it's unwatchable

No is not, you just hate the movie because of meme bandwagon company wars hate.

Retard trolls always resort to this kind of non opinions
>the dialogue still sounds like it was written by and for small children, except with more swear words.

>I rather see a movie with problems but with a ton of balls like Suicide Squad than a boring predictable movie like dr strange

What? Suicide Squad had zero balls, and if it ever ahd any they were cut off by reshoots.

Instead of getting Ostrander's 80's high-functioning sociopaths forced by circumstance to work together and gain some measure of respect, we got a Fast & Furious movie where half the fucking dialogue is about how they're all a family and family meas saving each other even though these people barely exchange any dialogue.

Instead of getting the real Harley and Joker relationship we get some sort of Hot Topic "So Fucked Up Bro" Bonnie and Clyde bullshit.

Instead of actually paying off Rick Flagg's character arc of choosing duty over love and killing Enchantress she gets brought back to life in the most obvious reshoot of the entire film because this has to be a franchise character, baby. They couldn't even kill off the main villain, and the one cast member who dies has to have a straight-from-the-Hollywood-handbook

For fuck's sake, this movie even had the "giant laser in the sky" threat, which is basically the meme of superhero films. It's the most generic choice possible, people have been making fun of it for years and the so called edgelord MOMS GONNA FREAK film had that shit in it.

This movie had zero "balls" outside of the aesthetic. I figured with a gonzo hyper-masculine meathead lunatic like Ayer directing we'd get something genuinely good or at least amusingly tasteless and faux-edgy like Sabotage or Street Kings, but he couldn't even deliver that because the studio wanted Guardians of the Hot Topic and shredded his production to bits.

As much as I think Batman v Superman is the modern Battlefield Earth and is an absolute disaster on every single conceivable level, I can't deny that it was Snyder's insane vision. Suicide Squad wasn't even that, it was Tranktastic 2.0.

>the dialogue still sounds like it was written by and for small children, except with more swear words.
>Retard trolls always resort to this kind of non opinions
It's still a criticism, even if you don't want to hear it.

You're not even trying to hide that you're shitposting. Please try harder, unless you're Squirrelfag in which case go play in traffic or pull an airsoft gun on a cop.

>Suicide Squad had zero balls

They show characters swearing, being sexual, drinking, being mean, hitting women as a joke, etc.

More balls than all the Avengers and Captain America movies right there.

Yes the plot is being done before but the characterisation, tone, dialogue and visual style make up for it.

All of that was pretty fucking tame user. The movie did a piss poor job making these characters bad guys.

No is not, that doesn't say anything abotu the movie, it only says that you are probably 14.

Tom, come on, are going to deny that a lot of men don't get fucking triggered by romance that doesn't appeal to them but works quite well with the females?

Again, the only reason people cared about Twilight was because girls cared.

>All of that was pretty fucking tame user.

Vs that not being a thing at all in Marvel movies.

In SS they casually drink while in Marvel movies they don't allow Tony Stark to have his alcoholism problem at all.

Cap didn't fought a single nazi on screen, or punched Hittler.

No spousal abuse subplot for Hank Pym while a important scene for el Diablo was that he killed his family, including children.

Suicide Squad=Balls.

Marvel Disney= No baaaaalls allowwwwwwed.

Stop replying to obvious bait, man. Hide and report.

Hey, Cap knocked out Adolf Hitler over 200 times.

You sound like some edgy teen. "SS was much better because they curse and hit women and drink hell yeah"
Really nigga?

I want that scene with Joker actually fighting, but I suppose they are saving that for a Batman movie, and while I imagine this rendition of Mr J can throw down at least as well as Harley his combat prowess has never been the reason he was scary.

In fact, the shit he accomplished in this movie to get to ride his Harley again is a good example of why he is fucking scary.

>balls means being a 13 year old's idea of cool

The MCU are family films, of course they're not going to have that stuff in it. You're criticising it for things it had no intention of being.

Suicide Squad was sold as the edgy variant to the MCU, the entire advertising run was "This ain't yo MAMA'S COMIC BOOK MOVIE FAGGOTS!"

And it very much was. This movie would freak exactly zero moms, and the idea that the writer of Training Day would produce something so utterly nutless is embarrassing.

great strawman argument, they never get old.

But it's so mature, MOM'S GONNA FREAK!

>No is not, that doesn't say anything abotu the movie, it only says that you are probably 14.
Being 14 is the age exactly the age people like the kinds of things you're praising about the movie, and think watching them makes them "mature". As you get older, you outgrow thinking a movie can get by just on having Deadshot say swear words, and want something that actually has smart dialogue, and an actually original plot.

>>balls means being a 13 year old's idea of cool

was that english??

>The MCU are family films

The comics are not, so thet fail, nobody reads Avengers or Dr Strange for the jokes and to expect a formulaic repetitive plot

I never said mature, I said not childish or kid friendly, like making a Beyonce or Wi-fi joke in your movie.

Oh wait, that's Dr Strange.

Kek, I think I figured out who I'm replying to, and Suicide Squad's target audience.

lol, memes!!!!! what a waste of super satan quads

>A dad pointing his gun at his daughter, willing to kill in front of her as she pleads with him not to.
>Brutality towards prisoners.
>Cannibalistic tendencies.
>Harley slutting it up, all the way through the film.
>Multiple shots of women getting smacked around, a cloud of blood coming from Harley's nose as Batman knocks her out.
>Batman punching a woman full on in the face, onscreen.

A few samplers I remember. I'm sorry there was no Irreversible style rape scenes or brutal and bloody murders.

>when all other arguments fail, desperately turn to company wars.

I agree with you, people will nitpick this to death but whenever someone does the same to civil war or ultron everyone gets up in arms, i dont get it, id rather watch BvS or SS on repeat then watch age of ultron ever again

>When you can't defend your shitty Dr. Strange movie with Beyonce references so you have to resort to memes

>Doing it for the fans means they're allowed to straight-up not try
There were massive problems with the pacing and editing, plus the script felt rushed. Also, I doubt hardcore SS fans cared for it that much, seeing as it was more or less a beat for beat ripoff of GotG instead of trying to be it's own thing.

You used way too many buzzwords and non descriptive terms and memes as counter points for your opinion to matter to anyone

>There were massive problems with the pacing and editing, plus the script felt rushed.

Again, those criticism don't mean anything, literally you can said that about any film with those words.

>it was more or less a beat for beat ripoff of GotG instead of trying to be it's own thing.

Now you are just pretending to be a retard as an argument?

You're still trying to wriggle out of having to stay on the topic of Suicide Squad. Incredible. Just admit it's shit and I'll leave you alone. You're trying to change the subject so deep down, you must know you can't defend the movie.

Try.
Harder.
You embarrassing waste of flesh.
And by "try harder" I mean at least pretend to be an intelligent lifeform and not double down on the bullshit you keep spewing.

Its meme hate, they just hate it because normies like it, because female normies like the romance between Harley and the Joker, because is not a Marvel Disney film, etc.

No, the point was that people give shit to this movie for not being perfect while giving a pass to Marvel films even when they suck waaay worse than any DC film

lol memes ans buzzwords!!!

See, is just meme hate, I haven't seen a single decent criticism that is not buzzwords and blanket statements

>Again, those criticism don't mean anything, literally you can said that about any film with those words.
What? No you ducking can't, pacing and editing are objective things.

And as for the GotG, yeah, it has a bunch of misfits who start off as criminals but end up saving the world via their own self-interests, but by the end, they become better people, all set to popular liscensed songs why the snark and yell at each other.

It should have been a dark tale of backstabbing and black comedy.

>When you turn any desagreement into a conspirancy against you.

None of the Marvel films are really much worse than the DC films. I know people point to Thor but they're better movies than people give them crdit for

Youre right but i wouldnt say DC movies are better than ALL the marvel movies, minus iron man 3, thor 3, age of quiptron, and all the hulk movies, id say marvels have been better but not to the degree this place says

Fine, keep making a monkey out of yourself and pretending to defend an objectively terrible piece of "literature" for the sake of cheap trolling and pushing your shitty "y-you only hate X because women like it" meme.
The fact that people seriously respond to you only shows how retarded this board is.

>What? No you ducking can't, pacing and editing are objective things.

Yes but you are not saying what makes you think that the movie has those negative elements.

Not much different than saying ''the movie sucks because it fucking sucks!!!''

Difference being that GotG was clearly a kids movie while SS was not.

That set up of ''a bunch of misfits who start off as criminals but end up saving the world via their own self-interests, but by the end, they become better people, all set to popular liscensed songs why the snark and yell at each other.'' has been done to dead in movie history.

So GotG is a copy of Expendables 1, who knew!

DC IS BETTER IN EVERYTHING, BASED SNYDER.

Nah, the problem with Marvel films is that after one watch, they lose too much steam.

You realize it when the jokes start getting old and you don't get much beyond those jokes and corny speeches to move the plot fordward.

all those buzzwords and not a single opinion was given.

No one is giving a pass to Marvel films, your perspective is just horribly skewed if you think a cringy Beyonce joke is on the same level as Suicide Squad's fuckups. And in the category of fuckups, I'm including pretty much everything Enchantress related. That character, that threat for the movie to focus on was just one long running mistake, from her dialogue to her trash laser nonsense machine.

You just went full retard, i read and love way more DC over Marvel but i mean, just by sheer volume their movies are better right now but who knows what will happen, i usually dont support any of the big two silver screen shit because id just prefer the comics. I even hate captian america as a character but his movies have been real good

>Difference being that GotG was clearly a kids movie while SS was not.
They were both tame as fuck and meant to appeal to kids.

And listen, there were genuine pacing problems. They spend too little time setting everyone up, throw them into a city we're unfamaliar with, have not much happen of note, and then jump to a "darkest hour" climax with a character unrelated to the struggle, then they have a rather contrived "we quit" moment, and then they get to the end.

>Yes but you are not saying what makes you think that the movie has those negative elements.

This so much!! I can tell you about Dr. Starnge having editing problems in the form of having him being a magic atheist in one scene and then a super wizard like 5 minutes later.

Hell! most marvel disney films have editing problems in the form of cutting most of the bad guy's scenes

I already gave you my opinion here.
So shoo, go play in traffic you useless little monkey. It's obvious you're not interested in discussion so go die.

Yeah that is a genuine criticism, I found myself seeing straight through Doctor Strange. The issue is that critics shower them with praise and the films take in bucks, meaning that Marvel has no incentive to actually change. I'm hoping they shift darker as it goes along.

Not everyone has this problem, user. It's pretty exclusive to DC.
Marvel, however, releases movies that are crap no matter what cut you watch though, so it's a lose-lose situation.

>mfw Marvel movies aren't good, and the DCEU is much worse

>suicide squad is, like, good because it has, like balls, and it's dark and grim, and, like, people say fuck!

Remember when people were saying basically this about Revenge of the Sith?

You edgy manchildren always have such terrible taste.

I want a balance of humor and plot. The early films had it, but Whedon applied his "Tell a joke in any scene you can no matter what" policy (Yes, that's a real policy if his) and other films followed suit.

Strange REALLY suffered for it

*some normies
My normie Roommate has enjoyed every superhero movie that's come out in the last two or three years except Fant4stic, and even he knew this was total garbage.

Star Wars was always garbage anyway.

SS wasnt as bad as everyone in the echo chamber says but one major thing i personally hate about it is the over use of music right up till the half way point then they chill out with it till the end, intros were fine with music but once that ended i felt they should of brought in ambient sounds or a score till the end

>And you can complain about the action in the MCU all you want, even the worst films in that series had better setpieces then SS. I have no idea how the guy who directed Fury and End of Watch shit the bed so hard on basic framing and escalation.

Because this is not what he directed, he directed a whole other film, this is an amv.

>No one is giving a pass to Marvel films

Oh my god, yes people do it all the time! They change things from the comics all the fucking time like vision, ultron, everybody quips like Spider-man, etc.
And yet people say that those movies are just like reading comic books! they are so proud of making comic book movies while the rest is ashamed!!!

>They were both tame as fuck and meant to appeal to kids.

Suicide Squad wasn't, even if you pretend to.

And I disagree with everything you said, we spend a lot of time with those characters and of course they are not going to have the same kind of character development, specially characters like Croc or Captain Boomerang that will appear in other movies.

If anything I just read a lot of nitpicking, not the worse movie ever! You know that this shit is meant to be a blockbuster at the end of the day, right?

''durr durr now you are saying that just because is a blockbuster the movie is allowed to suck!!!''

No, what I'm saying that people talk as if they were expecting some oscar worthy plot out of freaking Suicide Squad.

All the hate the movie gets is just bandwagon hate, that's it. I'm not gonna say that the movie is perfect but is not fucking unwatchable like people over here say.

Again, I think that this movie is getting this Michael Bay kind of hate eithe because is DC or because the movie appeals to normies or because female normies liked Harley Quinn

Thing is i agree in the most part but i still like the setting and feeling of DCEU over MCU

>I already gave you my opinion here.
Maybe in other thread because those buzzwords are not an opinion, they barely qualify as ramblings

I like how ayer said
>this is definitely and withouth a doubt my cut and the only cut that will ever exist, there's nothing more and we will not release another cut of the m-
>wb:EXTENDED CUT ON BLURAY

haha never going to the drive in cinema again.

>he still keeps shitposting
That's the spirit.

>what is even the point of watching a movie in the cinema if I can watch it at home with deleted scenes?
Why do you watch ANY movie in the cinema?

things that never happened

See, I agree, the movie was not perfect and they over used background music during the first like 30 minutes.

But beyond that, the movie is a lot of fun, with a lot of details, interesting visuals that are not just about a ton of CGI on screen, great characters that are actually different from each other, etc.

For all the critcism that Man of Stee and BvS got for being ''too dark and serious!!!!!!!!'' is fucking incredible that with this one they go ''not serious enough!!! it has to be deeper!!! This feels like a fucking comic book movie WTF!! DC hates their fans!''

>he keeps replying

That's the retard!

>They change things from the comics all the fucking time like vision

Vision is pretty much exactly how he is in the comics. He's the 'son' of Ultron. I don't really care for AoU, I'm not sure if I've even seen it, but I know how it played out and I know the Ultron in Civil War was pretty legit.

>everybody quips like Spider-man

They don't though. You've just gotten to the point where any form of levity, unless it takes place in your terrible WB films, is dubbed 'quipping'.

>And yet people say that those movies are just like reading comic books!

Because they are. They adapt things when necessary but they're pretty much just action adventure stories with a touch of levity and fantasy... like superhero comics. I don't think I've seen a truly great Mahvel film, but I don't expect true greatness, as that is something that comes around very rarely, in films like Barry Lyndon or The Conversation.

The DC films are shameful because they are poorly made films. They are so terribly edited and written they barely come across as coherent. They're shit.

Not my fault your retardation is amusing. Keep at it with more shitposting and samefagging.

Holy fuck, Sup Forums I thought you were smart enough to not reply to obvious bait.

>No, what I'm saying that people talk as if they were expecting some oscar worthy plot out of freaking Suicide Squad.

That's horseshit.

This mvoie doesn't even work on the most basic, lizard-brin action-movie level. The setpeices are garbage, it's 5 scenes of the Squad shooting Resident Evil zombies and video game final boss fight shot in the fog like I'm watching an 80's music video.

Even the big Deadshot moment of him jumping on the car is ruined by terrible blocking. Instead of a wide shot of him shooting the hordes like some kind of Rambo badass, we get inserts of him on the car shooting into the air and then cuts to monsters falling over. This entire fucking movie was edited together in post, it's just scenes glued together post-hoc without any regard to visual continuity or style. The whole movie is singles of the actors punching CGI farts, you could arrange those sequences into any order you wanted to and nothing would change.

If this movie had a terrible script but good action that would be one thing, but the action is horrible too. The only halfway decent scene is the Joker/Harley/Batman car chase, and even then that could have just been me going "hurr durr look it's BTAS on-screen" and ignoring the actual direction.

>And yet people say that those movies are just like reading comic books!
I've never seen them say that, ever. That's the perfect example of a strawman. They're as close to the comics as they reasonably think they can get away with. Most of the MCU changes are to fit with their previously established world, to fit the constraints of a feature length movie, to fit with what their larger plan is, or because some element is missing because some other company still has the rights to it.

And as for the comics, they made Civil War recently. The fact that it WASN'T just like reading the comic book was a good thing in that case.