Star-Lord (2016) #1 Lettered Preview

>Peter Quill may have been born on Earth, but he’s been gone a long time. This December, he returns to his original home planet, and he’s not leaving anytime soon! Today, Marvel is pleased to present your first look at STAR-LORD #1 – the all-new series from fan-favorite creators Chip Zdarsky (Howard the Duck) and Kris Anka (Uncanny X-Men, Captain Marvel)! Ask yourself, how does one man go from soaring through the stars, guarding the galaxy – to ending up with his feet planted firmly on the ground? One thing is for certain, Earth has a new guardian. Be there for terrestrial action with out-of-this world thrills when STAR-LORD #1 comes to comic shops and digital devices on December 21st!

>and he’s not leaving anytime soon
just end me

>barabait
They want the gay readerbase

Variants revealed so far

You will need more than "comedy" and beefcake to make me buy this book.

>Chris Pratt may have been born on Earth, but he’s been gone a long time. This December, he returns to his original home planet, and he’s not leaving anytime soon! Today, Marvel is pleased to present your first look at STAR-LORD #1 – the all-new series from fan-favorite creators Chip Zdarsky (Howard the Duck) and Kris Anka (Uncanny X-Men, Captain Marvel)! Ask yourself, how does one man go from soaring through the stars, guarding the galaxy – to ending up with his feet planted firmly on the ground? One thing is for certain, Earth has a new guardian. Be there for terrestrial action with out-of-this world thrills when STAR-LORD #1 comes to comic shops and digital devices on December 21st!

Actually a variant probably made by Gabriel Frizzera.

Yet to be revealed:
> Chris Stevens ICX
>Bill Sienkiewicz Hip-Hop
>Guardians of the Galaxy animated series ("Animation")

End

>A planet I haven't lived on since I was a kid
See, SEE. This is the shit I've always been talking about. The level of retardness on these new writers is beyond the impossible. That single stupid line goes against all Englehart/Claremont/DnA/Bendis/Humphries origins. All of them, and you know why.

BECAUSE THIS RETARDED IDIOT IS JUST WRITING THE MOVIE. And better get used to it because that's gonna be the norm from now on. Hell, at least Bendis did try to write something different from the movie, he was a piece of shit but at least he tried.

Well, this covers look like shit.

>See Civil War III
MOTHER OF CHRIST ANOTHER ONE?

Are they paying Chris Pratt for how Peter looks now?

>not leaving any time soon!
I'd argue the GotG have been even more completely shat upon than the X-Men/Inhumans. And for no reason, too.

It's actually just that he doesn't care at all about continuity. To him it doesn't matter if it was written differently before.

WHY DOESN'T BRAND JUST LEND THEM A SHIP? WHY DON'T THEY BORROW A SHIP FROM ONE OF THE DOZENS OF PEOPLE ON EARTH THAT HAVE THEM?

>CWIII
The Bendising

>And better get used to it because that's gonna be the norm from now on
Only Ewing can save us

Why don't they just make a movieverse comic line instead of infecting the actual comics with this trash?

Christ, that's horrible.
When will they stop milking the Meme-Lord version?

He looks like he's one second away from a gay bar.

>Peter trusted Kitty more than his old teammates.
>His team left him and he trusted her to be for him on his time of most need
>She left him anyways
I seriously can't think of a bigger cunt in comics history than Kitty. Why would anyone ever waifu her or want to be with her? I get she's cute but there are dozens of cute girls in comics who wouldn't do this kind of shit to you. I don't get it.

Or they could just call one of their allies in space to pick them up.
The premise upon which this arc is built on is fucking stupid.

This isn't even funny. I just feel sorry for the guy.

>Chris Pratt
Bravo, Marvel.

>he's not leaving anytime soon!

Send help.

Didn't you see , only two people like Quill on Earth. A duck and a cunt mutie Kike. None have ships.

Kitty left starlord? When?

Which one?

But... Anka beefcake...

Civil War II apparently

Yeah, Brand doesn't like him, which is why she would want to get them off Earth as soon as possible.
All she has to do is have someone pilot them on a ship to some spaceport, drop them off and then go back.

Kriz Anka was clearly trying to "modernize" that look when he made this, but it just doesn't work. The break in colors and strong silhouette really make him look like a biker in fancy leathers, and I know that's a common criticism with these redesigns. But that's what I see dammit.

Kitty is with the X-Men. They have both a spaceship, and a living taxi that can take them to space.

Oh, so anka is the reason why starlord looks like he's going to gay club at any time.

If it weren't for the beard I'd give him the benefit of a doubt. Guy has a type and he lets everyone know it.

Civil War III you mean.

>CWIII
FINISH ONE EVENT, TWO MORE WILL TAKE ITS PLACE! HAIL MARLEL!

Why would Kitty want to help Quill? He sided with the woman who wanted to lock the black guy remember?

Why would they go to space when Limbo is much safer and kewler?

Boy Anka's a real one trick pony when it comes to costume design.

I like it a lot better than the brown jacket costume, though

>Gaybaiting by panel one
Sasuga, Anka.

I think it's just poor rendering that makes an exclamation point look like an "I".

I have the feeling that it was written into the script by Zdarsky.
I always had the feeling there was something off about him, and now I know: He's every woman's gay best friend.

It's a step in the right direction.

>I think it's just poor rendering that makes an exclamation point look like an "I".
Newsarama put up this preview first. Here's the better rendering from ComicVine.

Storm and Illyana also sided against the black guy, why would she go back to the X-Men then?

You don't know how right you are, have you seen Anka's instagram? It's endless pics of him showing previews of shirtless Peter Quill and other characters.

Well, I'm just going to keep shitposting if that's ok with everyone.

CIVIL WAR III MARLEL STAHP

At this point I will even take a cosmic mini series written by Ewing or Giffen with that Star-Lord the DnA Guardians plus Rich Rider as Nova taking place in another universe where the whole Cancerverse thing never happened (or has yet to happen).

I guess with Rich coming back there migjt be three but the current Nova writer kind of made it seem in an interview like Rich was going to be avoiding people.

Honestly Rich just needs his New Warrior friends with him, he shouldn't see Peter and the others like this.

Bendis said he was upset about the beard and let Chip know it but he is off GotG and couldn't do anything about it.

But you bet that shit will be the new Catbeast for him.

The worst thing is that Chip posted a pic in his Instagram of him reading Englehart's Star-Lord and saying how interesting it was.

This isn't true. Bendis himself has shown Quill starting to grow his beard on his own book.

Brand's probably withholding it because fuck Quill

>Chip writing and leaving Sex Criminals on hold for a few months more

wooo! more marvel shit

yeah but writers don't write, they 'write' with a bunch of guidelines of what's on.

so whatever they want to do, it will just die off page to do the safe lame gig.

His next Image project will have him as co-writer with Matt Fraction with art by Annie Wu.

And nothing of value is lost.

im done, fuck chip, matt's alright as long as casanova keeps coming.

I'm sure the guidelines didn't say anything about writing a small non important line that adds nothing to the story and only shows you're shamelessly writing the movie.

i'll bet all the guidelines are
>make an unnecesary reference to the movie
>ooga chaka twice in the first arc

>gay asses
Nice meme.

Read his leaving the GotG interview with Marvel, he mentions it there.

What guidelines? If there was a guideline about Star-Lord leaving Earth as a kid then both Humphries and Bendis ignored it because they both had him leave as an adult.

For those who do want more Cosmic GotG Starlin and Davis are doing a 5 part GotG mini called Guardians Of The Galaxy: Mother Entropy and it will be out by 2017.

>When the Guardians are entrusted with an important but seemingly straight-forward delivery, nothing can go wrong, right? Right! Until everything starts going very wrong. Things might get a little more chaotic when the team meets the mysterious Mother Entropy: Who is she and what is her business with the Guardians?

Sauce: Marvel's Summer 2017 collected edition catalog via Edelweiss or Amazon.

#1 should be out by spring user.

I don't know, man. I was burned badly by Guardians of Knowhere, I want to believe, but I'm afraid to hope.

>Brian Michael Bendis: Other than the friendship-ending disagreements between me, Chip [Zdarsky] and Kris Anka over Peter Quill’s facial hair, the writers seem to get a big kick out of classic fish out of water stories for their characters.

I'm strongly reminded of Star Lord's very first origin issue in which he's a drunken jerk on earth with no friends who ends up desperately trying to get to space to get away from that. Looks like he's back to square one.

That's because Guardians of Knowhere was still Bendis.

Starlin is pretty much an old school cosmic writer and if you like that stuff then you might enjoy his new stuff.

I'll pick it up just to read some GotG cosmic again and to see if he'll resist the urge to involve Thanos or Warlock.

>I'm strongly reminded of Star Lord's very first origin issue in which he's a drunken jerk on earth with no friends who ends up desperately trying to get to space to get away from that.
That wasn't his origin at all. He was an asshole obsessed with getting into space because he wanted to find the lizard aliens that blew up his home and killed his mom as a kid.

>Take costume
>Make it skintight
>Add lines

>tfw I 100% relate to Anka
I am the kind of fag who looks Jeanne more than Bayonetta because short hair and no tits.

Probably because the artist is gay and doesn't shy away from drawing what he likes.

Fuck, I meant the series that was written by Abnett that was supposed to be in the vein of the DnA run, it had Drax in it and a bunch of OCs... I can't even remember it's name, goddamn.

Wouldn't that be all the more reason to lend him a ship? To get rid of him?

>It's not ok when Frank Cho does it

GotG and Star-Lord have become irredeemably shit ever since Bendis fucked everything.

Honest to God the only thing they could do to redeem them would be to pull a Secret Invasion and have them be Cancerverse versions then reboot with the original team written by Dan Abnett.

Well at least I appreciate the fact that he went with blue and was inspired by the Conquest and old school Star-Lord outfits.

Honestly if he simplifies it more it wouldn't be that bad.

>2016
>cheesecake
Literally ugh, how can you live with yourself you monster?

>He was an asshole obsessed with getting into space because he wanted to find the lizard aliens that blew up his home and killed his mom as a kid.
Who was also a drunk, a jerk to everyone, and had no friends other than his owl.

for me, GOTG should see them as a new character.

What happened to Starlord is similar to what happened to Psylocke, I dont really consider British Psylocke and Asian Ninja Psylocke to be the same character.

The movie killed old Starlord, now it is a comic book character inspired in Chris Pratt.

They're going to make him gay, aren't they.

not at all

Yeah that was awful and the fact that Marvel shoehorn a bunch of shit stories with nobody writers and limit Abnett to 15 pages per comic kind of hurt his story.

Honestly Guardians 3000 was the better GotG work that he did and when he did GoI he dropped Geena and some of the interesting characters like Starhawk, Future King Peter (who was regular Peter Quill’s Great Grandfather, yeah that never got resolved) and Rael Rider (descendant of either Richard or Robbie Rider and the future's last Nova).

Abnett moved to DC and he seems to be doing good there so yeah maybe Marvel wasn't sitting well with him.

But like I said if you enjoy Starlin's work, especially his recent work than this new story might be decent, it's going to get storytimed in Sup Forums eventually so just wait for that and then you can decide if you like it or not.

What's with the image quality?

Its still leagues better than anything he's worn since DnA

Newsarama fucked up here. Some major comic book news websites have this preview in better quality.

Yes because he already dated Kitty so no woman can measure according to kittyfutards like Bendis so he'll go gay.

Hopefully Dick Rider is not important enough for the Marvel higher ups to be included in Star-Lord's gayscapades.

I didn't enjoy Starlin's take on the Guardians. While his Gamora is okay, his Quill and Rocket srtink of Bendis and suck ass.

>ever since Gunn fucked everything.
ftfy

Even Abnett was writing him as a new character when he did Guardians 3000 and then he went and did his own Star-Lord from the 30th century (King Peter) with the personality of the old Star-Lord and he shat on the new one a bit.

And still Abnett's Meme-Lord wasn't as annoying as the Bendis or Humphries version of the characters.

>still taking Bendis' jokes seriously
I bet you also believe the solicitations on his books

Bendis shat on the characters before the first movie came out, and yeah he read a shitty script but Bendis would have still fucked up the comic without Gunn's involvement.

>those anons from yesterday's thread going all WHERE IS MUH VENOM, BENDIS?

>would have
nice argument there faggot