Animorphs series

do you think that that the Animorph books can be properly adapted into a tv series?

I'm thinking that HBO could probably do the job, what do you think?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qaXMaIgnuu4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It was already adapted.

Properly you mean? No. Its such junk science

Sounds like something Netflix would do to cash in on the nostalgia fad

Yeah, I know but I've been told that tv show was really bad, plus the practical effects weren't that good.

the tv show is pretty good shit at 1AM
i had free cable bundle from my internet a couple years ago and I was laughing my ass off nonstop

Of course it could, it's pretty simple cgi by today's standard and the stories are all very straightforward if they gave even half a shit.

Imagine this

the cgi was kind of unnerving back on the day
youtube.com/watch?v=qaXMaIgnuu4

It would only work as an anime.

>everyone dies in the end except the nigger who stayed on the farm
HBO needs to get on this shit ASAP.

It would only work now if they gave it some edge like a show like Skins, but an American company won't do that and a lot of the plot lines don't work as well if the kids are college aged.

Animorphs should have gotten the budget and crowd of Harry Potter, but sadly it didn't

Needs to be animated and rated Adult so they don't tone it down.

why do i wanna fuck that?

0/10 in the book he was naked after he transformed.

her face looks like a virgin hymen

Ax is guy

The novels themselves got pretty edgy.

Okay so I thought reproduction and waste coming out of the same area was weird but these fuckers eat with their feet. Their legs have throats. Why does it even have cheek bones and a jaw line?
Still, the Andalite Chronicles were decent kid sci fi.

>tfw they force David to be stuck as a rat for the rest of his life
That's some pretty sick shit, seeing as he was like 12 they condemned him to die as a short-lived rat

he was a sociopath with morphing powers, fuck him

the most fucked up thing the Animorphs did was recruit those kids with cancer for the war

Thats point, in between the silly Marco jokes they dealt with enslavement, genocide, murder, warfare, religion, and a fuckton of other pretty heavy stuff for a kids book. The yeerks were even portrayed as 3 dimensional beings who could live their lives in total blindness, that die when they reproduce or become slavers.

what did he do to desserve such fate?

Oh I agree fuck him, but that was pretty brutal when I was 7.

He was using his power to try and fuck shit up and kill people, so they trapped him in a sewer until he was stuck as a rat and dropped him off on a rock out at sea.

Yeah, now that I think about it it did have a lot of adult themes. I think it gave a couple of the characters ptsd, and didn't Jake kill his brother too?

Yes and he ordered his cousin to kill him which led to her death.

kek

>the book where they starved the Yeerk to death in Jake's brain.

Kino

Are Cinnabonsâ„¢ really that good?

It was nice when occasional name brands helped build the world instead of being crammed in for ad dollars

>that one kid that used to tell me about how deep and brutal this kids series was
>laughed in his face every time

Didn't Tobia and Rachel end up morphing into those bladed aliens and fucking? I remember alien fucking in these books.

Dude the intro was Kino
fucking industrial grunge song and shit

Can't wait to see this episode.

pretty sure Tobias was perma-hawk but I only read like 3 books

There's a Q-like alien who gives him the power to morph again but his default form is still a hawk

god damn it you're going to make me read this whole fucking series arent' you?
I'm a 28 year old man with a mortgage.....

The only implied fucking is when its revealed that Tobias's dad is Ax's brother.

So Tobias is an ayyy?

The entire series can be crushed in a month even if you're only occasionally reading. If you are trying to finish most books can be read in an hour or two and that including the Megamorphs and Chronicles

No he's human, Ax's brother quit the war and perma morphed a human because he fell in love with Tobias's mom

Did they ever do a book fromt he Yerk point of view or Vissor or whatever the hell the big bad guy was called?
I didn't even know Ax had a brother geez this series honestly sounds interesting I feel like buying domain names and shit for one Hollywood decides to make movies or reboot the series.

If you step back and think about it, the series has some real crazy off-the-wall shit, which is all the more impressive when you realize that it was written for and successfully read by thousands of middle schoolers, the authors were a husband + wife team (+ ghostwriters), and it had a ton of crazy sci-fi ideas (shapeshifting, aliens, body snatchers, cosmic postcorporeal gods, time travel, etc)

Yes there are multiple books from that perspective

Also I'm pretty sure its immediately revealed in the first encounter with Ax that the andalite that gave them the morphing power was his brother atleast from Ax's first point of view book. He may have hidden it from the humans initially but I don't think he did past his own book.

Its a really good series, they tried a book reboot where they replaced some of the outdated references with mentions of iPhones and shit but I don't think they got past book 5. I reread the entire series a few years ago after reading how it ended and it took no time but was highly satisfying. Theres some stupid ghost writer fillers in the 25-40 range, but all the Chronicles and the ending are solid and the books are very easy reads so even when its a filler book you're done with it before you really have a chance to be annoyed. Plus it makes it more interesting when a book in the main series really does have some major plot points

Dude I read like 3 books when I was like 8 or 9 it was probably 1998 I barely remember anything other than feeling scared about being trapped like Tobias.
Looks like I can get the entire series on ebay for $200 on average. What do you think? am I better off buying them piece by piece?

Buy if you can afford it, but all the books are available scattered online, mostly in epub but theres a few you'll need the PDF for

its was comfy teen kino

bruh just download it, even as a kid that buying them all was a huge money sink. or maybe your library has em all, dunno

even as a kid I realized that*

I'd rather not. They probably turn my nigga Marco to keep up with the times, Rachel be likened to some GoT character because Xena isnt relevant anymore (like the reprint retcon her nickname to Storm from Xmen), Cassie to be a lowkey soul sister and blm activist, and Jake to become more "alt-right" to potray him going more direct to end this war. Tobias a school shooter, and Ax into some dual gendered alien and its not a problem since his more advanced race were "cool" with it and we should do the same.

I only remember certain things from the books, but not too much. I remember the good guys were deer-alien that could morph and had blades. I remember they ate through their feet, I think, and horrified that humans ate meat. I remember the yeerks and only one of them managed to capture a deer alien, and he was the main bad guy. I remember someone getting stuck as a hawk. I remember someone's brother was controlled by a Yeerk and kept inviting him to come to a meeting. I remember the deer aliens having a flashback of fighting, and the one was better, and then told him that he can predict his move because he shifts the weight onto one of his legs. I remember the yeerks have to leave the human head and live in a pool.

That's about it. I don't know why I stopped reading them when I was a kid.

What did you think of the yerk stuff? I like the little bit I can remember about them. I honestly don't remember anything about Ax or how they even got powers anymore.
I'll download the first few then and then see if I'm interested in buying the whole set fucking ebay reminded me of the Transformers collaboration they did with Animorphs I feel like I'm going to be buying up some of this stuff
I'm currently overcompensating for my shitty childhood and buying all the things we couldn't afford when I was a kid so I mean there's that aspect of it.
>Kiernan Shipka as Rachel
that's really all it would take for me to check out a reboot

rachel was a beast

Oh shit I think it was Jake's brother I vaguely remember that from the TV show his older brother was like Tom or some shit!
I got into Michael Crichton in 97 for obvious reasons so now I remember exactly why I stopped reading Animorphs by the time I finished all his books Animorphs wasn't "cool" anymore and it just faded into memory for me.

Not to spoil anything but KAA does a really good job of sympathetically portraying a race of aliens who can only function as a society through enslavement while balancing that with how obviously violated and the everyday wish for death their slaves go through.

Buying all the books in physical format:
Pros:
>relive your childhood by reading musty cheap books
>if you flip through the pages, there's a flipbook animation of the main character turning into an animal
Cons:
>expensive as fuck
>you're gonna have to find space to store 50+ books, which you may or may not even keep, even if you end up reading them

They remind me of the "Zerg" in the original Starcraft I hope their's an "Overmind" aspect to their society hell their race even has a similar sounding name. I'm pretty excited for the Yeerk narrative now. Thanks bro.

That's kind of what happened to me. I remember I dropped Goosebumps around the time that "Egg Monsters From Mars" came out, I think that was the last one I read. I remember reading a few Animorphs but don't really remember anything about it. I think I moved onto those young adult books like "A Wrinkle in Time", "Enders Game", "Lord of the Flies" and shit like that. After that it was Crichton and Dean Koontz.

Something like that.

Awesome, just make sure you read the books in release order. There are megamorph and Chronicle releases interspersed through the series that are directly referenced in the main series and the Chronicles arguably almost all of the major plot points that happen off of Earth and a lot that occur on the planet as well.

>if you flip through the pages, there's a flipbook animation of the main character turning into an animal

lol holy shit I forgot about the gimmick that made me even notice this series to begin with also if I remember correctly the scholastic catalogs were pushing it pretty hard.

The only Con I can think of for the digital formats is just not being able to find a complete series.
You know how it is with these things missing 1 book and shit but hell I'll let a re-read of the first few books decide if I part with a couple hundred bucks.

>scholastic catalogs
>user, circle what books you want
Fuck that shit, get me them Dinosaurs! magazines nigga.

Try /t/, there might be a books megatorrent that has the entire collection

Ender's Game was really good.It's a damn shame the movie changed so many of the critical plot points.
>Goosebumps fuck I loved those "pick your story" or whatever they were called books.
Cool I'll make sure to check out that Animorphs fan website for the proper book order then I hadn't considered that.
>I parted with my lunch money for fucking captain underpants
>still haunts me to this day especially considering the newer books
>free 3D glasses
I was a chump for these "free extras" man.
>That T-Rex's stomach
Is that fucking T-Rex the free pair of 3D glasses?

One thing I think they'd have to get right is the different perspectives we got with each book.

One thing I really like about this series is how they handle this, whenever a battle or tense situation is going down, Jake always seems to see the answer, he always knows the right choice to make even when shits hitting the fan and there's confusion all over. And then when he's the MC of the book you find out he has no idea what he's doing, and he's racked with self-doubt and panic just like everyone else.

These books did a great job of portraying the characters inside and out.

Is that what happened? I stopped reading on like the twentysomethingth book

>tfw no Animorph gf

Yeah, it came with the 3D glasses, but I never knew why it was missing a chunk of its stomach in the first magazine. You also got a piece each magazine you got to construct a skellington.

>torrent
Ah.. fuck.. I just rememberd I got a letter from Verizon or Charter or whatever the fuck they are now for torrenting welp looks like I'll be torrenting this at work tomorrow
>Harry Potter
There's another series I never read all the way through still girls seem to dig it alot so I have a feeling it's not for me.

yeah, that old bitch applegate just stopped giving a shit and got her ghost writers to shit something out that maybe kind of resembles an ending

Enders Game movie was great if you enjoyed the books. I watched the movie and at first I was like "what the fuck are they even doing?" My brother never read the book and he thought it was a mess.

But then I rethought it, and I think the movie was an incredible visual companion to the book. When you read the book, you were picturing in your head all that shit going on, and the movie pretty much brought to life all that cool shit. It was a movie driven by special effects and giving life to all those crazy training battles, so they just decided to leave out half the book where his brother and sister basically use the internet to seize control of the global government.

>Current Year Jake
I feel like they would purposefully make him a piece of shit because
>White Male

But Animorphs are fucking lame as fuck.

This guy is lying about the ending, theres a bunch of shitty ghost writer filler in the middle but all the stories of substance were written by KAA and were done really well

ill cut u

kek

Cute

I do miss the simple pleasures in life like going through a fucking illustrated dinosaur magazine and it's associated satisfactions.
Fuck I hope you're being sarcastic about that because the bro I've been talking to about this said some of the ghostwriter stuff mid series is pretty negligible.
I was more referring to the age changes I fully understand why a movie translation had to cut out a lot of what made me like ender's game in the first place I thought whoever did the sound mixing for the film did an awesome job but other than that it seemed like a cash grab with little attention to detail when compared to the fleshed out universe that the books take place in.
I was hoping you would say that. Whelp I gotta go to work in like 6 hours Goodnight bro! Thanks for all your input this was a good thread!

>Elementary school Book Fair
>All the kids buying the first few books of Animorphs because of the cover and flip animations
>Convince parents to buy pretty much the entire series since there were only about 6 books at the time
>Next one comes around and everyone is buying Harry Potter
>Not allowed to get anything since I still had unread Animorphs books, so I decide to finish
>Get addicted and continue reading Animorphs and parents let me buy monthly installments
>Totally ignore and miss out on Harry Potter as a kid
>Harry Potter gets movies and worldwide acclaim
>Go back as an adult and try to read Harry Potter and its total shit

Everything about Animorphs would be better if it wasn't for the necessity to publish one book a month.

I only read the first Harry Potter book when it came out and didn't like it. I also missed out on the Pokemon shit because my parents didn't want to get me the cards. I remember some fag named Alex had a binder with all 150 and would show them off and brag about it. Fuck that kid.

You'd need someone with a Cronenberg-esque eye for detail to handle all the transformations because they're supposed to be ugly and bizarre as fuck.

I'd personally prefer a 2D animated series, made by a competent studio/team. If Castlevania could get what seems to be a decent looking show, then why not cash in on 90's nostalgia and the current hype for long-running, dark dramas and go with Animorphs?

I'd be happy to get anything and would be fine with an anime, but Animorphs would be much better off with the 90s equivalent of Stranger Things

How did it end bros?

Everworld was better

Anybody else remember the Ellimist and its crazy alien people playing VR crystal games and having Protoss crystal technology shit and him later getting trapped in a predatory hivemind ocean planet going insane being tormented by visions of his dead girlfriend before becoming a god?

something like that

He only defeats the hivemind by being able to have creative thought

this, beetleborgs or goosebumps are the best to watch on a late night with friends

>do not want

they eventually defeat the Yeerks but at great personal cost.

many of the allies they make throughout the series are killed. in the chaos of the yeerks' open assault on earth in the last few books, the yeerk that controls jake's brother tom turns against the rest of the yeerk empire, gets a bunch of flunkies, steals a morphing cube, and steals a huge, powerful ship. the animorphs take the yeerk mothership in orbit above earth but jake leaves rachel to sneak aboard tom's ship. she's forced to kill tom, and then his flunkies kill her, and the ship they're in escapes.

jake also commits a straight up war crime by flushing all the defenseless yeerks in the mothership's pools into space and killing them. the permalites (the robot things the animorphs were allied with) are disgusted by this and no one ever sees them again.

in the aftermath, earth comes into contact with the andalites and they establish diplomatic ties and share technology, the hork bajir become a settled community on earth, the taxxons are allowed to morph permanently into giant snakes and live in the amazon, and visser three is put on trial and sentenced to hundreds of years in prison.

several years pass

tobias is never seen after rachel's funeral. he loved her and holds a grudge against jake for sending her to her death.

jake helps train soldiers on how to use the morphing technology. he has PTSD and feels guilty about tom and rachel's deaths and the slaughter of the mothership yeerks.

i don't really remember what happens to cassie because fuck cassie. i think she becomes an ambassador for the hork bajir or some shit? and she becomes extremely aloof and doesn't see the other animorphs IIRC.

marco embraces fame, becomes wealthy, and seems to be the most well-adjusted of them, but he recognizes how empty his life is.

ax becomes a big time andalite military guy and leaves earth to command his own ship, looking for the ship that tom stole.

What happens if you try to animorph and get stuck halfway?

I remember Jake flushing the Yeerks into space, out of everything.

>commits a straight up war crime by flushing all the defenseless yeerks in the mothership's pools into space and killing them.
How the fuck is that a war crime?

one day ax discovers tom's ship, but no one is onboard. something mysterious happens and that's his last POV chapter. we're later told that ax has gone missing.

jake is recruited by the earth and andalite governments to find ax and tom's ship. he reenlists tobias (who i think he finds through cassie) and marco, but cassie chooses to remain on earth. jake fills out the team with some of the soldiers he was training and an andalite who was on ax's ship when the bad shit went down. they launch a clandestine operation to steal a prototype yeerk ship and use it to search the universe for tom's ship.

two years pass with them finding nothing. eventually, they find the ship, and open up a communication with them, posing as fellow yeerks who escaped the final battle. the commander of tom's ship reveals that the crew discovered something in their travels, and now serve a being called The One.

the commander then morphs through various appearances, both biological and mechanical and including Ax, and announces himself as The One and says he knows they're not yeerks and he's aware of exactly who is onboard the ship. all of this is to impress upon the reader that The One is a seemingly god-like evil entity with vast, undefined powers and a mysterious origin.

Jake, seeing what they're up against, gives an order that serves as the final line of the series: "Ram the Blade ship."

the fate of the characters is left ambiguous. maybe they do ram the ship and are all killed, maybe something else happens after that line and they go on to have countless new adventures. ka applegate said she ended it that way because she wanted to leave the characters the same way they began: fighting.

Probably not. I would like to see some Animorphs OC though.

The lore and backstory was always more interesting to me than what the teen Animorphs were up to though. There is some real good shit going on there. It's simple teen writing, but very interesting.

A lot of it is about people trying to play God, to varying degrees of success. The Ellimist is obviously on top. Using his wisdom to try to turn the tide against Crayak. He shared with the Andalites, elevating them as his primary chess piece against Crayak. Prince Seerow elevated the Yeerks, which was a disaster of course. Alloran, who looked down on Seerow, committed genocide trying to stop the Yeerks. Elfangor, who looked down on Alloran, made mistakes that led to the creation of Visser Three. Elfangor also played god a bit with humanity, advancing computer science on Earth, and breaking Seerow's Kindness by sharing the morphing technology.

There are also good parallels between Elfangor and the Ellimst. When the going got tough against Crayak, the Ellimist ran away and hid among the Andalites, taking a wife. When the going got tough against Sub Visser 7, Elfangor ran away and hid among the humans, marrying Loren.

A lot of really good shit. Kids stuff to be sure, but I've smoked a lot of weed and spent a lot of time thinking about it. Applegate and her ghost writers did something right.

Ratko Mladić detected

Dude, those yeerks weren't Muslims living peacefully on their land, they were an invading force that would have enslaved the human race.

pure tism