Was it kino or not?

Was it kino or not?

Other urls found in this thread:

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1505459273471.webm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

yes

absolutely

Thought it was pretty shit until the last 15 minutes, which were pure kino.

Checked

2001 is better

it was pretty good though

2001 was better

not is

cornkino

>easily leaves his kids on Earth without even a day to think about it
>starts crying as he watches a video of them growing up which felt like a single day to him

That made no sense to me. An what's even funnier is the daughter FINALLY sees her dad after fucking decades and thinking he was dead for so long and just flat out tells him to leave the room when she's about to die to go find Catwomen.

100% kinography

What happened to it

>He has a choice between his kids starving to death and his kids growing up without him and chooses the latter
This is the same conclusion that every man with a family and a job comes to.

>Daughter comes to understand how much her father gave up so that she and her children could live, and she makes the same sacrifice for him
>Somehow this is unbelievable

It's a masterpiece
>bravo Nolan

I rewatched it recently.
Nolan knows his visuals, but damn I can't stand the characters.
And the last part of the movie is as terrible as I remembered it to be.

>The son was sidelined to make way for daddy issues

I hated every female character in the movie.

9/10 flick
7/10 movie
5/10 film
2/10 kino

This is autism

Whoever says it isn't is just being a pretentious twat.

Nolan is probably the biggest hack currently working. While he's good with visuals, his everything else is terrible.

First time I watched it me and my friend got stoned first because DUDE WEED AND SPACE LMAO. I didn't understand a single fucking thing that happened, but when it got to that fucking stupid "love transcends time and space" or whatever I couldn't fucking believe it. That had to be one of the worst things I've ever heard someone say in a movie.

Upon repeated viewing, it was a pretty good movie overall. Could have been better. Nolan's brother had a better idea of how it should have ended. He just dies when he goes into the black hole in that ending I believe.

The only great thing to come out of this is the soundtrack.

Hans Zimmers scores are generic bombastic orchestra shit most of the time, but the Pipe Organ Arpeggios on this soundtrack get me fucking going.

I think Nolan's ending is better.
What would happen if humans could one day overcome the linearity of time and reach into the 4th dimension? Probably that. Even though his return was in no way instrumental in the grand scheme of things.

maybe you're the pretentious twat

If Coop had died in the black hole, and it ended with Murph accepting that he's gone and Brand on Edmunds starting the new world it would have be unquestionably Kino. The ending we got was fucking Coldplay.

why are you even asking such a question

be gone

It was very very close. Solid 8.5 or 9/10

>implying vid related isn't kino

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1505459273471.webm

>kino

ONLY HOMOSEX CAMPGAY DRAGQUEEN FAGGOTS USE THAT WORD, YOU DISGUSTING DRAGQUEEN

dubs confirm you are a butt frustrated whitey

dubs confirm it's the truth, you disgusting homosex campgay dragqueen

I saw it in the Kino, i think that added to experience, probably wouldn't enjoy it as much if i was just sitting infront of my computer

also GOAT soundtrack

all whites will die, you are on the wrong side of history sweetie ;)

yes

it was garbo

>unable to refute truth only disgusting dragqueens use that word
>try to start race war instead

disgusting (You)

A bit too family friendly, but yeah.

This. What ruined it was the love speech

Arm chair physicist here. I am an undergrad student studying engineering so I know everything about science and astrophysics since i've read A Brief History of Time (though I hate stephen "cripple" hawkings.
Just trust me i'm an expert.
It's crap and not kino at all and exaggeratedly cringey.
The stupid love shit drove me insane and is the worst thing i've seen in a (((film))).
It's also really shit as a move (I am also an expert of on screenwriting and filmmaking btw)
*tips fedora*
The love speech just ruined the movie.

>love speech

it's a chick drama pretending to be sci-fi

Yes, why you even make thread to ask?

1) Stupid plot
-Government agency throwing billions of dollars at some wormhole near saturn that is whoknowswhat instead of researching technology to repair the atmosphere which is MUCH more simple
-Dust-eating farmer chosen one thing, "last hope 4 human race!"
-anything loosely resembling time travel wrecks plot cohesiveness, movie contains a blatant paradox plot hole

2) Poor characters
-all of anne hatheway's acting
-main character loves his daughter but neglects his son and it's weird and awkward
-random redshirts floating around the periphreal that aren't fleshed out character-wise
-characters are rushed because of all of the time shit going on and it's difficult to connect with them when people are flipping around and changing and dying of old age and stuff left and right.
-general emotional detachment and pointless romantic content butting it's head in a sci-fi save all of humanity flick is always bad

3) SHIT SCIENCE, it's apparent nobody with even a high school level of cosmological understanding even looked at this movie during development, wrecks suspension of disbelief for anyone who understands the basics
-massive list of problems arising from going anywhere near the event horizon of a black hole, let alone actually entering the event horizon.
>not being converted to energy at event horizon
>ignoring that bit of physics, not becoming a timeless point after entering the event horizon
>oh nvm it's just a magic timescape connected to some random farmer's house on earth w/e
-time dilation issues involving planets that make absolutely zero sense as far as mass and gravity are concerned
-time dilation issues involving black holes that make absolutely zero sense as far as mass and gravity are concerned
-time travel paradox
-everything understood about the hypothetical existence of wormholes is shat on by this film. Also, we, somehow, made the wormhole ourselves, somehow, in the magic timescape, or something.

5/10, 100% average movie. Not good.

retard

Love is the 5th dimension, and i am glad jew shills like you try so hard to convince people otherwise.

>licking the inside of toilet bowls for pleasure

Characters and story were not good

but germans use it everyday

It would be, if the last act wasn't in it.

exactly

The love speech was laughable. LMAO
Honestly it had potential but it ended up being literally a chick flick.

>Nolan is probably the biggest hack currently working. While he's good with visuals, his everything else is terrible.
The visuals are the least interesting thing about this movie. Everyone agrees he was just riffing on 2001.

>but when it got to that fucking stupid "love transcends time and space" or whatever I couldn't fucking believe it. That had to be one of the worst things I've ever heard someone say in a movie
This is my biggest gripe with the movie. Brand's whole character was pretty bad, honestly. "Scientist" just feels like an informed attribute on her, she never shows it, she just cries and whines like a teenage girl.

I get why they wanted a line like that in there, since it foreshadows Coop literally transcending time and space later on, but seriously.

Is it okay that I cried several times during this?

I didn't like it. There are some kinda sentimental moments but that's about it. I have never felt excited about space movies and their set design.
But how much out of 10?

>anything loosely resembling time travel wrecks plot cohesiveness, movie contains a blatant paradox plot hole
The time travel element in this movie was actually really simplistic. If you want to see something where the causality will explode your brain, check out this movie "Back To The Future".

>main character loves his daughter but neglects his son and it's weird and awkward
Every parent has a favorite kid. Sorry you weren't it.

>characters are rushed because of all of the time shit going on and it's difficult to connect with them when people are flipping around and changing and dying of old age and stuff left and right
Yeah, mortals suck.

>it's apparent nobody with even a high school level of cosmological understanding even looked at this movie during development
Huh. Kip Thorne's level of education is lower than I expected. I was so sure he'd finished highschool...

>not being converted to energy at event horizon
That's not a thing (probably). Are you pushing the firewall theory?

>ignoring that bit of physics, not becoming a timeless point after entering the event horizon
Also not a thing. For a supermassive BH like the one portrayed, you actually wouldn't even be able to tell when you crossed the horizon. It would appear to recede from you as you approached, actually (since energy from further out can still reach you).

>time dilation issues involving planets that make absolutely zero sense
You're going to need to show your work on that one, champ. Because the writers did do their calcs for the ocean planet.