Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

So if you haven't watched any episodes recently, how much do you actually remember of the 1987 TMNT cartoon? Be honest here, it's not much is it?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Ferman
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I actually have quite a few fond memories from seasons 1-3.
Beyond that pretty much the only thing that sticks out in my mind is Mona Lisa.

Most normies only remember the first 5 episodes

Cowabanga dude! Ice Cream and random object pizza! That girl Neutrino was thirsty for Michaelengelo's shell!

And... That's about it.

I remembered about three episodes before eventually watching some online.

I remember seeing a hamster transform into a giant fat man.

It freaked me out as a kid.

>Mikey: Bad touch!

>Tattoo: Change my diapey! Baby made a boom-boom!

I could never figure out why Mike never used his nunchucks in later episodes.

I seem to recall that this was due to European censorship.

There was some sort of scare about dangerous weapons in the hands of kids on European streets. specifically nunchucks

The studio wanted to syndicate the show in Europe so they took away Mikey's nunchucks and gave him a grappling hook.

I think it was because of Germany.

>I think it was because of Germany.

UK, actually. They also changed the title to Teenage Mutant HERO Turtles because they felt the word "Ninja" was too violent for a children's cartoon.

If you want to see something REALLY stupid, watch the UK cut of TMNT the Movie. They had to cut out Mikey's nunchakus and as a result the scene where Shredder dies makes no sense.

Shredder charges Splinter with the spear, but they couldn't show Splinter using the chucks to flip Shredder over the edge of the building. So Shredder just... runs off the side of building.

Early 90s was also the era of the Video Nasties, when the British were at their most intensely pussified.

The whole ninja/nunchuck censorhip in the UK was pretty much all thanks to one man. An American who worked for BBFC called James Ferman:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Ferman

As much as I see people shit on Turtles Forever for the "inaccurate" portrayal of the 87 Turtles as moronic retards, I went back to that old show and they actually weren't that far off. The only thing that was totally off is that TF used short nicknames, but the old show didn't seem to ever do that at all.

I refuse to believe there were people who actually like this show. It's just shit.

>Pizza-Xenomorphs
>Donnie likes film noir
>Mikey dressing up as a female plant to lure a monster
>Leo having a thing for Lotus (aka not-Karai)
>All the turtles fighting over Irma
>Splinter being human for an episode
>Slash wanting his 'Binky' (plastic palm tree)
>Mona Lisa
>There was a Robo-Cop character for an episode
>There was a kid similar to Tommy in the 2k12 series, wanting to be a hero wit the the turtles
>Clint Eastwood Casey Jones
>Cajun Leatherhead
>Donatello graduated from college long-distance, but they thought he was a girl (Donna Tello?)

I don't remember much of the later seasons, or anything with Lord Dregg involved.

I was four years old when I watched it.
Gimme a break!

>Lord Dregg

I completely forgot about this guy.

He looks like.a gay version of Mum-Ra.

I never knew what channel it was on as a kid. I just had a few episodes on VHS. It included the one where Baxter Stockman turned into a fly, so I know the new Michael Bay movie fucked up when it didn't even hint at it.

I don't think I ever watched the Dregg seasons when they first came out, so imagine my surprise years later when I find out about the weird alien that ISN'T Kraang and -- who the fuck is Carter?!?!

They must have switched times/days or something, because I don't recall anything big after season 5, but seasons 2-4 are clear as day.

>That girl Neutrino was thirsty for Michelangelo's shell!

I dont recall her ever mentioning needing a drink. Much less drinking out of Mike's shell

I bought my liltte brother a DVD for christmas one year, back when 2K3 was popular in an effort to show him "my TMNT". Watching it with a fully formed brain made me realize it was shit.

It never occured to British and German parents to just be responsible parents and sit their child down to teach them basic common sense?

I was taught before Kindergarten that just because someone did something dangerous on TV, that doesn't mean that I should

If parents just did their fucking jobs, we wouldnt NEED to have all these needless censorship and toy safety laws