EU GUN BAN

I'm out of the loop. For the people that do not know, the EU is going to:

>Ban any semi automatic weapon that can accept magazines over 20 rounds
>Ban magazines over 20 rounds
>Put black powder guns into the same category as bolt action
>Medical checks every 5 years
>Severely restrict semi autos with fixed magazines
>Club membership will be mandatory

Any new information about this shit? Is it still going to pass the parliamentary vote to get adopted throughout the EU and Schengen countries? How likely will it be for us to lose our guns or at least get much stricter gun laws?

What does Sup Forums think of this shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

nzz.ch/schweiz/verschaerfung-des-eu-waffenrechts-ein-paragraf-fuers-schweizer-sturmgewehr-ld.88201
protell.ch/de/9-top-news
theparliamentmagazine.eu/articles/news/parliament-slams-commissions-unworkable-gun-law-proposals
reddit.com/r/GunsAreCool/comments/4o4h65/from_the_archives_q_who_came_up_with_the_term
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>>Ban any semi automatic weapon that can accept magazines over 20 rounds
this is literally every single semi-automatic

What gun is that on the right? The left is a sig (basically an AK) I believe

Besides those fudd semi autos with tubular magazines.

But even those will have restrictions as far as I know, they want it to limit those to 10 shots or something.

It's a clusterfuck of bullshit laws that contradict each other and that are written in a way that is very open to interpretation.

Girl: SIG 550, similar to the AK in some ways.
Guy: SIG 510

Wait what, medical checks every 5 years and club membership?

Link please, what the actual fuck. I can live with an ammo cap but medical checks? You're at mercy of some leftist doctor? Oh fuck no.

Will this affect America in any way?

Also: why can't the EU instill another 2nd Amendment for Europe? We also want gun rights over here.. it's a human right.

American did it right, why can't we?

>basically an AK
BAKA SENPAI

>What does Sup Forums think of this shit?

Absolutely Caliphate-tier cucked.

Time for Swixit lads

Well you swedes sold your soul when your neutral ass joined the EU..

Who gives a fuck. Rest of EU has an ultra cucked nanny police with batons and 9mm.
We have a military police in addition to standard police, but they are based as fuck and mostly target drug addicts and degenerate lefties.

And none of the above have any interest in "muh oppresshun", nore we have a 50% black population composed by negro ghetto scourge who require frequent cullings via police suicides.
Get fucked OP, i don't want supreme gentlemen like the ones in the USA shooting shit up in a mall because they are bored

Our guns are fine, user.
Talked to various gun dealers and enthusiasts about it, consensus is not to worry.
If you're passionate about the cause consider a pro-Tell Membership (swiss NRA).

>ban any semi auto that can accept magazines over 20 rounds
Isn't this basically any magazine fed semi auto? Even the SKS can accept 30 round mags with a conversion.

I know, it was a mistake.

nzz.ch/schweiz/verschaerfung-des-eu-waffenrechts-ein-paragraf-fuers-schweizer-sturmgewehr-ld.88201

protell.ch/de/9-top-news
/490-protell-lehnt-eu-waffenrechts-verschaerfungen-ab-update

We are going to get fucked by sommaruga

>consider

Don't consider, join. And send them twice the yearly amount for good measure

Fucking idiots pointing the gun up on a moving vehicle. If that fucker is loaded and miss fires say good bye to your teeth. Point it down, I'd rather lose a toe than a head.

Wait. Switzerland is not an EU country. Why should you be concerned about EU gun laws?
I've read this resolution when it was proposed a couple of months ago. And I did not find there anything that would contradict with present gun laws in Poland. Pretty much join club and you can do whatever you please.
I did not see anything about mag sizes and or semi autos restrictions.

I don't know anything about any ammo cap.

Wait, you are fine with banning semi autos?

Schengen dublin.

literally any relevant european country has MP

What'a semi auto? Can you drive forklifts if you have a semi-auto driving license?

Keep your guns.
Close your borders.
Hoard the gold.
Tell the EU to get fucked.

No im fine with having 20 bullets before swaping mags. I don't need a 200 bullet drumm magazine for my AK.

>Get fucked OP, i don't want supreme gentlemen like the ones in the USA shooting shit up in a mall because they are bored

Go fuck yourself.

You are the typical idiot that doesn't even fucking know the gun laws of your own country and assume that it's just like in the USA or some shit.

There's no fucking gun problem in Europe. The only problem we have are Islamists with ILLEGAL guns mowing down tons of people now and then.

I hope some nigger rapes you and your family.

SD is anti EU

Why is a trade agreement able to manipulate laws in individual countries?

Well I guess this means battle rifles will see a resurgence.

Terrorists will just use M14s instead and wreck crowds from 500 yards away.

I thought the EU already banned most guns?

>I dont need this and that

And other people dont "need" semi autos at all.

Cant you see this? They divide and conquer.

We all should have the right to put a 200 round box mag on our semi autos. Non of the goverments business.

the key is not a magazine ban but a ban on guns which are capable of accepting mags with more than 20rnd capacity

>Talked to various gun dealers and enthusiasts about it, consensus is not to worry.

Fuck that.

That's the typical mentality that will lead to our guns being fucked.

Read:

We are facing a gun ban or severe restrictions and you guys don't even see that shit coming.

>I don't need.

I don't need as well, but I fucking want them. What's the fucking problem?

>capable of

Nigga, if a gun can ACCEPT a magazine over 20 rounds it's fucking banned.

> sommaruga

GET OF MY BOARD WITH THIS NAME. TRIGGEREDDDDDD

Strap on that helmet and start shooting -Aesop

Were not EU though.

Old picture of my favorite freedom

fuck off with the fake polls, svenskjävlar.

molon labe

>The only problem we have are Islamists with ILLEGAL guns mowing down tons of people now and then

And we stop the problem by not letting them in, not by giving in to gun toting hysteria like the amerisharts.Maybe you want a "second generation EU citizen" getting into a store so he can buy an M4 in peace like the cuck you are

As per the gun laws of my country, i can keep ANYTHING semiauto (including AK-47 rifles) in my house, provided i have a legal permit. Not sure about the cap, but it's not like i need more than 10 bullets to fry an armed aggressor in my house

A fucking leaf.

Very well

Piss of luigi, those guns are our property.

No. Semiautomatics are legal almost everywhere. Do not think that Europe is the UK

I thought M14 mags only went up to 20?

Holy shit you are some stupid motherfucker aren't you?

I can also keep a fucking AK47 at home, but to get it I have to follow the laws of my country just like you have to follow the gun controls laws of YOUR country.

You must be a special kind of retard if you think that the already STRICT as fuck gun laws in Europe have to MORE STRICTER because some ISLAMISTS used ILLEGAL guns to kill innocents.

Nobody in Europe gives a shit about muh guns you sick obsessed ameritards

Shit, I know there isn't a problem per say but same goes. Why the hell are there speed limits?

Wait what? That's disgusting? I thought we'll make some commiefornia work around like they do with their "California legal AR15

>tfw no Canada non-restricted friendly AR15

Here.

Banned.

So any gun that can accept any magazine is banned?

What the fuck? Do (((they))) know what a magazine is? Any gun that can accept a magazine can accept a high capacity magazine of 40 60 80 120 whatever rounds.

You will only have
>bolt actions
>lever actions
>pump actions
>internal magazine semi auto shotguns
>revolvers

Have fun faggots

>Any new information about this shit?
Several EU states have already said they would veto this. It is basically a dead legislation proposals.

Actually, EU minimum standards aren't that bad - they allow for the European firearms passport which can be used to travel with guns throughout the EU.

Picrelated are the minimum EU gun laws, which are not that bad either. You can get a bolt action rifle without a license if you are 18+ unless a country has increased the requirements.

That's such a shit law. You CAN make an extended magazine for pretty much any gun that doesn't have a non removable internal magazine.

M1 garand is what I would buy if I had to live by those laws, also an un modified stock SKS

>terrorists slaughter over a hundred people with illegal fully automatic weapons
>EU solution: ban all the legal guns
Hmmm... Really made me think

I know Switzerland isn't part of the EU, I just thought the EU countries banned most firearms, making the new laws unnecessary. And why would these laws matter to a non EU country

Yes you are right.

M1 and SKS would be golden

Passing shitty laws to hinder and oppress EU citizens in every way possible is the daily bread of the EU.

The real question is: Will those shitty laws remain after the EU breaks apart?

Won't happen. Shit like this needs to be accepted by national legislatures and you can bet your arse the V4, Baltics and the Nordics minus Sweden will have none of this.

ATRS's Modern Varminter.

NEA is working on a rifle based on the ORIGINAL AR-10 (not the AR-10B's which are upscaled AR-15's) which could feasibly be classified as NR. If it's popular, I bet they'll scale it down to 5.56x45.

You're retarded.

Good luck when Francois Al-Parisi decides to snap,mow down a dozen of civilians with his shiny new G36 with drum magazine in a mall and have the euro media report him as "a young frenchman". You fucking cuck

Oh and btw tell me a single instance in which a privately armed EU citizen with an assault rifle stopped a muslim terrorist

Why does that girl look like Ted Cruz?

>And why would these laws matter to a non EU country
Because Switzerland is still part of Schengen they are trying to push these restrictions on them as well.

So when are they actually going through with this? I know Finland and the Czechs have opted out of it

All memes aside, there is no reason why civilians should be allowed to buy assault weapons.

Oh shit, we have that many evil heathens in our country?

We need a new ethnic cleansing.

We're not even in...

But we should destroy this Schengen joke, and get leaders that doesn't suck EU's ass

That's a bummer but they can't retroactively ban them so i should hurry up and get the permit, i've been postponing for months because it's a lot of bureaucracy and i'm lazy

what a faggot

>So when are they actually going through with this?
Never, not even the EU parliament wants this.

theparliamentmagazine.eu/articles/news/parliament-slams-commissions-unworkable-gun-law-proposals

The Commission proposals, a revision of the EU firearms directive, are partly designed to stem the flow of illegal weapons to terrorist groups like I.S. as well as dangerous criminals.

However, several committee members criticised the draft as "unworkable", partly because they said it might also unfairly impact on people who own firearms legally, such as sportsmen and those in the hunting community.

French EPP group deputy Philippe Juvin said, "Hunters and shooters are not terrorists. They don't commit terrorist acts and we shouldn't be making life more difficult for these people. What we should be doing is terrorising the terrorists."

His comments were echoed by Maltese EPP group member Roberta Metsola, who said that despite the "global phenomenon" of terrorism, Parliament had to avoid a "knee-jerk" reaction to recent terrorist atrocities.

"We have to ensure that people like shooters and hunters do not become targets themselves," she told the committee.

Anna Maria Corazza Bildt, EPP group shadow rapporteur on the firearms dossier, agreed that while there was a need to "modernise" current gun laws, it was also important not to add "additional administrative burdens" on legal firearms holders.

The term "assault weapon" itself is a meme you ignorant 'tard.

Professional armies and mercenaries killed hundreds of millions of people in the 20th century alone-- yet somehow this sentiment does not extend to them.

No you can't, it says very clearly that you can only have smooth bore gun. So no, no bolt action rifle without registration.

Zastava PAP m-70 is an AK variant that only uses 10 round magazines.

We've established that you can add an other magazine to this gun and thus, it is banned

The term "assault weapon" was created by the gun industry as a marketing term.

Source:
reddit.com/r/GunsAreCool/comments/4o4h65/from_the_archives_q_who_came_up_with_the_term

EEA.
I'm pretty sure this was blocked by some Eastern European countries.

>he doesn't know what a 10 round magazine is

>You can get a bolt action rifle without a license
>rifle
Rifled barrels are category C, subject to registration and only to 'persons who have a good cause'

It's single shot shotguns that would just be limited by age.

Can it take normal ak bananas or does it require it's own unique magazines?

>it says very clearly that you can only have smooth bore gun. So no, no bolt action rifle without registration.

Registration is not license. I have bought a bolt action rifle (Cat C) in Austria. I did not need a license. I just needed to enter my name in the registry - which the gun seller handled. I had to wait a few days and then picked up the gun. That was 7 years ago. I was thinking about doing a hunting license and needed a rifle for the gun range as part of the hunting license training. Never sat for the hunting license exam though - my sis now has my rifle.

I know this so well, because we went to the shop with my uncle who is a hunter and we initially wanted to buy a rifle via him, he would then transfer ownership to me after I got my hunting license. But the gun seller explained the law... and so I was able to buy it myself.

The guy looks like Bill from King of The Hill

"Assault weapon" is an intentionally misleading term created by anti-gun lobbyists. Same shit with terms like "Ghost gun".

Yuh huh.

Read the link, dummy.

>Rifled barrels are category C, subject to registration and only to 'persons who have a good cause'

In Austria, until when I bought my rifle, I had to check a box on a form saying "I am preparing for the hunting exam" and that was enough to show good cause.

>I think assault weapons and assault rifles are the same thing
Dumb gun nut.

Assault weapons are:

Semi-automatic rifles able to accept detachable magazines and two or more of the following:
>Folding or telescoping stock
>Pistol grip
>Bayonet mount
>Flash suppressor, or threaded barrel designed to accommodate one
>Grenade launcher mount

Semi-automatic pistols with detachable magazines and two or more of the following:
>Magazine that attaches outside the pistol grip
>Threaded barrel to attach barrel extender, flash suppressor, handgrip, or suppressor
>Barrel shroud safety feature that prevents burns to the operator
>Unloaded weight of 50 oz (1.4 kg) or more
>A semi-automatic version of a fully automatic firearm.

Semi-automatic shotguns with two or more of the following:
>Folding or telescoping stock
>Pistol grip
>Detachable magazine

Assault rifles are:
>Selective-fire rifles that uses an intermediate cartridge and a detachable magazine.

Well my gun dealer said the same thing.
I don't know how the EU thinks they can BAN all guns.
We will see in the mean time if they really do it or if the EU bureaucrats give up their shit idea.
Because you should have seen it, the debate was in june If i'm not wrong and only 10 or 20 politicians were there.
It's mean 10 to 20 ppl are responsible for the idea of banning millions of guns and it's agaisnt the guns owner will.
The gun owner were not asked their choice.

That's an "Assault RIFLE".

See, this is why I say it's misleading.

An "assault rifle" is a SELECT-FIRE rifle chambered in an intermediary round with a detachable box magazine.

An "assault weapon" is any firearm with 2 or more primarily aesthetic or ergonomic features.

You can take a fucking muzzle-loader and turn it into an "assault weapon" that would be banned for sale or ownership in many US states.

It has unique magazines. I'll take some pics...

Is that pic the SAS?

Wtf the EU is doing this shit? Even though even Interpol said the best way to combat terrorism is an armed populace? Even though police are raiding mosques with illegal full auto weapons? These people are literally retarded.

>You can take a fucking muzzle-loader and turn it into an "assault weapon"

No you can't. Stop being an ignorant gun nut.

>le terrorism may may

Traffic accidents and heart attacks kill way more people every year, there's no terrorism emergency.
I'd prefer if they paved few more bike lanes istead.

Got it from some previous thread, but yes I do think it is.

Take a guess.

About a year ago the EU put 600,000€ into a study of gun ownership in Europe. They found that gun owners were far less likely to commit any sort of crimes and that areas with more guns had much lower crime rates. They swept that study under the rug because it didn't support their agenda.

Any handgun with a capacity of more than 20+1 rounds and any rifle with a capacity of more than 10+1 rounds are going to be banned. We don't know yet if that means they'll ban pretty much every semi-auto rifle out there or just the mags with a capacity of more than 10 rounds.
Category D won't exist anymore, no more single shot shotguns, antique weapons or black powder reproductions being available to anyone over 18 without registration, they'll all be moved into category C (license, safe and registration needed). Same thing for blank guns, non-firing replicas, airguns, etc.
There will be new markings on all guns and ammo, as well as a special tax on guns and ammo.
Internet sales of guns, ammo and anything gun relatated is going to be banned.

Just when I think you cannot possibly be any dumber, you post something like this.