"He will take my life for the glory of Hydra!"

>"He will take my life for the glory of Hydra!"

What did Steve mean by this?

He meant the cereal, but Miles misunderstood.

his ex girlfriend was hydra

when the time is right, Cap will reveal himself to Miles, knowing it will end in his death, and that will immortalize Cap as a matyr of Hydra.

because the difference between Cap and Red Skull is that Cap is willing to sacrifice himself if it means his people succeed. While for Skully, Hydra was ALWAYS only about putting himself in a position of power

HydraCap's decided that he's going to go out, he's going to go out in a way that completely destabilizes the superhero community and shifts the public's trust in the Avengers/SHIELD over to Hydra

He truly is the chessmaster.

I only read the first issue of Captain Hydra, what was the explanation for the heel turn? Sleeper agent?

Red Skull manipulated the Kobik (the sentient cosmic cube girl from Standoff) into believing that Hydra is the greatest, most heroic organization ever, and since she likes Steve she decided to gift him with rewriting his past to make him Hydra.

This is part of the Red Skull's plan to take over the world once and for all, except it's already backfiring because Steve is planning to kill him and restore Hydra's former glory. Although it's unclear what exactly Steve's ideals are, it's obvious that it's not the Red Skull's nazism.

Also Kobik made Steve and Zemo childhood friends, though it's currently unclear whether only Steve is effected by this or if Zemo's past has gotten the same adjustment.

Red Skull was the first person to find Kobik. He raised her to believe that Hydra was a benevolent organisation and that the world would be better off under its rule. She then altered Steve's memories to make him believe he was always a member of Hydra, but he's come to believe that Red Skull has corrupted it and that he must die so that Hydra can be saved.

Cosmic Cube becomes a little girl that Red Skull treats as a daughter. She makes Steve young again and then alters his memories to have him think he's Hydra.

Haven't gotten around to reading the run, but wouldn't it make sense for Steve's ideals to match with what Kobik thinks Hydra is about?

Jesus Christ capeshit is retarded.

It probably does, Steve seems like a stand-up nazi

Oh really? What tipped you off? The kid who was bitten by a radioactive spider who then got superpowers? Or was it the alien with near infinite strength and endurance who gets his powers from yellow stars?

is this another attempt to make miles the best spiderman ever only for every one not to give a shit.

I can't wait til Iron Man is killed over this, and then Cap is killed in HYDRA WORLD

Go back to Sup Forums

Steve's Hydra is all about strength through unity, self-sacrifice for the betterment of the whole, and fascist world-domination.

Why is miles able to beat him so easily though? Has he ever lost a fight?

Because Steve lost on purpose

VENOM BLAST LOL

Wouldn't surprise me if he could oneshot Galaxus or Thanos with it.

I mean, Spider-man should be curbstomping any peak human he comes across.

>Wouldn't surprise me if he could oneshot Galaxus
He tried it on Galactus and it didn't do anything. Just almost got him killed.

Bendis will rectify his mistake soon enough

>No one but Steve noticed the Capitol building was fucked

HYDRA Steve has rocked

>Also Kobik made Steve and Zemo childhood friends, though it's currently unclear whether only Steve is effected by this or if Zemo's past has gotten the same adjustment.

Wasn't that Zemo Sr and not Zemo Jr?

Yeah, but this is Spider-Mongrel we're talking about.

The kid in the flashback was Helmut, not Heinrich. They just made Helmut 10 years older than he actually was so he'd be the same age as Cap instead of younger.

Steve sacrificed himself as a false flag for hydra, I'd guess

Steve is a strategic genius,
this prophesy only tells him that Miles is going to kill him but not how the situation of him dying helps or hurts his cause,
now for a soldier the best way to die is to die in a way that does the most good for your cause: like saving a platoon by throwing yourself upon a grenade,
HydraCap knows he can manipulate this situation in some way that will be a big win for Hydra, nobody else that has seen that vision is trying to exploit it and that gives Steve all the advantage he needs to set it up however he wants it to play out.

Doesn't matter either way, those life experiences of Steve's are all make-believe from an altered reality.
And it won't take Zemo long to figure out what has happened there, he is an evil genius.
But here's the thing: Zemo is another one of these soldiers with a crazy hardcore code of honor.
Will Zemo see a brainwashed Steve as fighting fair? And if not, will Zemo spill the beans and reveal that Steve's been brainwashed?
What if Baron Zemo's going to be Steve's savior in this story?

A.K.A. Nazism + world domination.

Wait, how is he alive now, then? Once you anchor him to WWII he's no longer part of the sliding time scale and he should be OLD.

Can't believe this cap is Hydra shit is still going on

How do they explain he was never sussed out by some telepath like frost or Xavier.

Is this all gonna turn out to be some bullshit Reed did because he was holding a grudge or something?

Because it never actually happened. Try to keep up.