Will "growing the brows" be The Orville's "growing the beard"?

Will "growing the brows" be The Orville's "growing the beard"?

Other urls found in this thread:

fox.com/watch/973f5caea2301ad4ec9add81e9d6de13/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>she will never molest you in a turbolift
;___;

>We have such sights to show you

SOURCE!

Thats all she needed to become peak waifu material!

Can you not fucking read his post? Why would you demonstrate such a complete lack of intelligence so forcefully?

She had brows in the pilot promo material, they removed them digitally.

WTF!!!!!

>giv stronk alien gf

Nice trigger discipline tho.

You can see it in her short segments in this clip:
fox.com/watch/973f5caea2301ad4ec9add81e9d6de13/

Pretty much proves they will get removed digitally.

That really gets my goat.

>cucked in space

I knew I shouldn't have watched this trash.

BLUED

>Not INKED

Bortus = Tuvok, yes?

They're obviously going to get back together.

>not Tuvik

lemme make that quads

I really, really hope they don't. I know it's super obvious, but that's why I hate it. Too predictable. Too shmultzy. Would be better if they just kinda come to terms with working together. Leaves Cap't McFarlane with room for an actual interesting love interest like Alara or Norm McDonald.

That's a lot of makeup they've gotta do for each episode, damn. Unless they're adding everything digitally I can't see them keeping this up long, it'll get TWDed even sooner than TWD.

Not really. TWD has fucking mobs of zombies to do. Orville has way more limited numbers of inscreen aliens. The most would be the Krill, but I'm pretty sure those armored helmets for the soldiers are practical costumes, so that means easy to reuse. Also, due to the genre and tone of the show, Orville can get away with much more abstract and low budget sets and costumes. CGI spaceship combat and flight is cheap as fuck, since anybody with a few years experience can do half decent 'metal object moving through space' effects.

Also look at the robot crew member, his costume is intentionally cheap as fuck. Pretty sure it cost less than $200 to put that together.

Worf with a Vulcan personality.

Not knocking it. I like the budget look. Just saying it is leagues cheaper than what you'd see on FarScape or Stargate.

The Orville seems designed from the ground up to cut budget corners where it needs to.

>Are critics so out of touch?
>No, it's the audience who is wrong.

Let me guess, not diverse enough?

>White woman
>White woman playing an alien
>Black woman
>Black guy
>Black guy playing an alien
>Robot

Just how much diversity do these people want?

Honey.... I don't see any mexican lesbian non binary midget and that's a tragedy

Probably gay and trans.
Let's not forget a chink character too.

the inverse will happen with star trek discovery.

yeah, but the white male is the main character. very problematic.

100% blacks but for the white evil dude called Tronald Drump

>Let me guess, my conditioned bias leading me to a conclusion without researching the topic myself?

Riker always had a beard. Anything else would be horrifying an unimaginable.

It's Seth McFarland, he don't give a fuck.
It hit it's ratings so as long as it keeps it up, critics can go fuck themselves.

The black guy playing an alien is a gay alien.

>Probably gay and trans.
well it's not exactly gay in-universe, but you know

Critics were already shitflinging about the show's uneducated view of sex vs gender which I can't articulate well because I'm an unenlightened shitlord but essentially all of Bortus's species look like huge hulking black guys but Bortus is still from the 50% of that species that gives birth to young

If anything it's not really a gay/tranny issue at all, it almost makes sense since you know, good luck immediately telling if an alligator or a tiger are male or female just by glancing at them

DID YOU JUST ASSUMED MY GENDER?

Bortus is able to give birth? Source?

So is his race like, self fertilizing or something?

See , they lay eggs,

No, he is married to another member of his species

I think they more or less work like humanoids but their entire planet just looks like big, mean dudes

>Honey
I'll let you know, that I identify as a bee, and your use of that insulting colloquialism that makes light of the systematic exploitation of beekind is extremely offensive to me.

You already want Betty, quit being greedy.

This is a fun/quirky scifi thing that goes back to Enemy Mine, it's amazing to think the world is so retarded now that people are offended by it

Ah, I can't watch at work. Seems interesting. Absurd that people get but hurt about this, especially since Family Guy has done way more shit that could be branded as heinous.

I thought they said his species was all male?

Yeah, hence the "Seth is a cis pig" criticisms.

His species is all large, muscular with deep voices and little visible expression of emotion but they still pair off and create children that one partner is biologically equipped to incubate as eggs

As to Seth's character's understanding they are "male". That is not entirely accurate when it comes to talking about alien biology.

It's almost like the *character that Seth plays* has incomplete understanding, and this will be leveraged in a future story as a moment for him to learn.

SJWs are fucking retarded when they demand every character be 100% perfect and have understanding of everything from the start. It's called character development, idiots.

Ah yes, I just rewatched it. Single gender species. Seth says "your entire species is male", which is how they look.

It doesn't help that from Bortus's point of view there's no one with feminine secondary characteristics on his entire homeworld so when he went into space and found other species with such clearly identifiable genders it's easy to say "oh yeah our planet is all guys"

And then there's a layer of sexist humor on top of that because the Moclans all generally hate gossip and frivolous socializing and enjoy working with dedication and efficiency because none of them are "girls"