Green Lantern February 2017 Solicitations

DC has put out a couple early solicits

Hal Jordan and the GLC only has one solicit, I really hope it's not going monthly

HAL JORDAN AND THE GREEN LANTERN CORPS #14
Written by ROBERT VENDITTI
Art and cover by RAFA SANDOVAL and JORDI TARRAGONA
Variant cover by KEVIN NOWLAN

“QUEST FOR THE BLUE LANTERN” part one! Hal teams with Kyle Rayner, the White Lantern, for a harrowing quest to bring hope back to the cosmos. Tasked with finding the Blue Lantern Corps and restoring it to full power, the two quickly find neither may have the power to accomplish this mission.

On sale FEBRUARY 8 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

Hey kids do you like BATMAN???

GREEN LANTERNS #16
Written by SAM HUMPHRIES
Art by NEIL EDWARDS
Cover by JAMES HARREN
Variant cover by EMANUELA LUPACCHINO

“DARKEST KNIGHT” part one! It’s the Dark Knight/Emerald Knights team up you’ve been waiting for! Simon and Jessica travel to Gotham City to help Batman with a mystery even he can’t solve! People all across the city have been gripped with fear. Is it Scarecrow? Is it the Sinestro Corps? Can these Justice League teammates work together to solve the mystery?

On sale FEBRUARY 1 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

GREEN LANTERNS #17
Written by SAM HUMPHRIES
Art by EDUARDO PANSICA and JULIO FERREIRA
Cover by JAMES HARREN
Variant cover by EMANUELA LUPACCHINO

“DARKEST KNIGHT” part two! The finale of the Dark Knight/Emerald Knights team up! Scarecrow’s mastery over fear shakes Simon to his core. Can Jessica rally her own will to save her partner and stop the fear mongering maniac? Will Batman save the people of Gotham City from a new fear toxin more insidious than ever before?worked so hard to forge?

On sale FEBRUARY 15 • Each 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

>entire arc centered around Saint Walker
YEEEEESSSSSSSSSS

"What a mystery, which villain is causing this fear endemic"

"Lol it was scarecrow"

>Is it Scarecrow?
>Scarecrow’s mastery over fear shakes Simon to his core.

Just

Rebirth Venditti's been doing OK so far, I'm sure he won't screw up Bro'Dee again.

So has Sup Forums forgiven Dogfucker and Vendetti yet? Both GL books have been pretty solid so far

We should call him Dogfucker when we refer to his Marvel work
But Humphreys when we talk about his DC stuff

I hope it's as good as the Batman - Kyle dynamic they had

Vendetti has definitely upped his game and I feel like the original Humphries was killed and replaced by a clone that can actually write.

>Batman
>asking for help
>letting other people help

Dogfucker can be used affectionately.

Maybe he doesn't ask. Maybe Jessica idly wonders what's bothering Batman and her ring takes that as an order to read his mind and find out.

His shit is just as mediocre at DC

GLs is bad and HJGLC is better than Venditti's previous run but still not that great, so no.

>Tasked with finding the Blue Lantern Corps and restoring it to full power
finally

stop fucking them up please Venditti

>Tasked with finding the Blue Lantern Corps and restoring it to full power

>full power

wasn't that only like five characters

>James Harren cover
WELL FUCK MY ASS

well considering there's only been one (and sometimes zero) for years now that's still like a 5x increase in power, that's not bad

They're both mediocre but the rebirth branding makes it so people think it's better than it really is

>Let's blow something up!

>Oh shit, we shouldn't have blown that thing up! Bring it back!

Why does capeshit never learn from past mistakes?

well they still haven't brought Oa back yet again

I wonder if Venditti will acknowledge what happened in Bunn's Run, but judging from that cover and how Arkillo is back with the Corps, probably not.

That shit art isn't helping, user.

>mfw

The art absolutely helps Frank's insanity level.

Someday...

Venditti shit all over all of those the second he came on the book so I wouldn't get my hopes up

Weren't the Blues wiped out back when Johns was still writing GL?

Nope, Venditti did that in his first arc Lights Out

I remember now. It was just their homeworld that was destroyed under Johns.

Based, the hope lanters are so fucking cringy

Nope, Venditti blew up Odym too

IIRC Odym was destroyed by the Reach, then they found an new homeworld Relic blew up.

I don't think Johns ever wrote about the Reach.

Johns blew up Korugar, pretty sure Relic destroyed the Blue Lantern planet

Hell Yeah Green Lanterns, great cover.

>James Harren regular covers
>Ema Lupacchino variants
ugh, I'll buy twice each issue right?

Tony Bedard blew up Odym, not Johns or Venditti. And then Venditti blew up thier new planet.

with all the rebirth shit happening, it's only a matter of time desu

>Kyle is back

Fucking finally. Now as long as they don't retcon him back to being green lantern because they're creatively bankrupt I'm good.

Hell, I'm still mad because they could have taken this white lantern thing so many ways, and instead went fuck all direction with it. They had a guy who was starting up his own corps, and couldn't figure out how to use that as a story, I don't get that. Kyle could go around preserving life and shit like when Deadman originally became White Lantern.

Take it as you want.

I'm legitimately embarrassed by how much I've enjoyed the last issue of Humphries' Green Lanterns.

I loved how he held it together until they mentioned Hal.

That cover is for #17

>not Omega outfit
fuck

They should just make him green again, they haven't done anything worthwhile with white at all

Hell, omega men wouldn't have been any different if he'd been green

Can he unfuck Hal and Carol too? She's about due for her personality to seem like a totally different character anyway

It seems to be a common feeling around the board.

When will the rest of solicits drop?

Monday