Can we talk about this?

How did an American Sherlock Holmes series actually turn out BETTER than the one made by actual motherfucking Brits?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Adventures_of_Sherlock_Holmes_and_Dr._Watson
youtube.com/watch?v=LkoGBOs5ecM
youtube.com/watch?v=9UeXRshcJEI
youtube.com/watch?v=0FSKTndbwVo
youtube.com/watch?v=rYuFHLezUyo
youtube.com/watch?v=VzwBIvVwuOg
youtube.com/watch?v=yhujgY6m0RQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because despite a great cast and mostly great production, British Sherlock was written by fucking idiots who thought they were geniuses. S2 to 3 is one of the worst quality drops ever.

Because Moffat is british

I have not watch Elementary but Sherlock jumped a different and more deadly species of shark every episode after S2 to the point of jumping fricking sharks with fricking lasers in their heads.

Elementary just smells like your typical procedural with unresolved sexual tension that then gets solved when the ratings start to go down, like Bones or Castle.

>asian woman is some helpless assistant to a white guy

shit trope

Both of them had a pretty shitty year. Elem had too much procedural and no season arc while Sherlock was the opposite. Too much drama and few detective work.

>Moffat
that is why
fucke up 2 British classic because they have to be 2 deep for you with over arching story lines that lead to nothing, instead of short stories that are connected by the charters.

>few detective work.
That's an understatement
There hasn't been a mystery solved in over a season

>US
ugly chink
>UK
ugly gay shit

>Elem had too much procedural and no season arc
That's actually more in keeping with the style of the original Doyle stories. Holmes was always about self-contained procedurals.

Miller's Sherlock is just leagues better than Cumberbatch's autist supreme.

Ruining one one of literature's greatest bromances for diversity. I can't support that.

>Ruining one one
Someone call maintenance. This bot is broken.

What about S3 to 4?

>Sherlock jumped a different and more deadly species of shark every episode

This, basically. It was almost impressive how they kept getting further up their own asses.

They're both shit compared to pic related

idk S4 was shit but nothing was more 'Shark-
Jumpy' than when the murderer was revealed to be a group of women in pink KKK uniforms, and Sherlock letting them all off the hook because women are oppressed by men (which was then criticised for mansplaining lmao) . AND it was all a dream, that was meant to figure out how Moriarty survived - but all it reavealed was that Moriarty didn't survive, making the entire episode totally pointless.

>lucy liu is ugly

whoa there fagmotron

Is Elementary worth watching?

This is the definitive best Sherlock Holmes

seeing that makes you hum the theme in your head don't it

The old Russian version was better than both

Lucy Liu is a dog, very ugly and very unattractive -Martin Freeman
KEK

Slavlock Holmes.

Seriously though

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Adventures_of_Sherlock_Holmes_and_Dr._Watson

>with unresolved sexual tension
But that's the best part of Elementary you fool, there's zero sexual tension between Holmes and Watson. Sherlock has 500% more Holmes-Watson tension. I mean, I get where you're coming from, back when Elementary was first revealed I thought for sure it'd be a shitty American procedural knock-off with sexual tension and no character progression. But it quickly proved me wrong as soon as I watched some of it.

Elementary also handles the addiction angle a million times better than Sherlock.

It's worth watching just for the fact that pretty much every episode shows off Lucy Liu's legs.

youtube.com/watch?v=LkoGBOs5ecM

One of you have that picture explaining how Sherlock faked his death with Falkor, right?

>humming
>not singing
SHERLOCK HOLMES IN THE 22ND CENTURY
SHERLOCK HOLMES IN THE 22ND CENTURY

He doesn't get to fuck Lucy?
What a fag.

He got cucked by his own brother.

Both are fucking shit. Peter Cushing is the only Sherlock for me.

I like this guys videos but he's a cuck and a faggot so I disliked this video and reported your post :^)

nah

She isn't. She becomes an important part in the show in that she is actually capable of handling cases by herself just that Sherlock is the smarter guy with better powers of observation.

Moriarty homolusts for her even.

He fucks prostitutes whenever he feels like sex, because he's afraid of getting involved with people on an emotional level and relying on them, which ties into his addiction problems as well.
Lucy walks in on one or two hookers hanging around the place after their "sessions" quite frequently.

>americans still have to get in superior british actors to make their terrible shit even barely watchable

lmao, bet you didn't even know he was british either you're that fucking retarded.

Go to bed, Moffat. Go find another cultural icon to ruin.

Daily reminder

Elementary does a good job of being a modern-day version of Sherlock Holmes. Comfy, well-played mysteries.

BBC's Sherlock is a wildly inconsistent series of TV movies with a Sherlockian main character. Some of it is great, much of it is good, *too* much of it is truly awful.

I vastly prefer Elementary tbqh. In Elementary the mysteries actually have logically deduced answers.

I forgot about Elementary after finishing S2.
Is it worth picking back up? I remember getting kind of bored of it.

It gets marginally better but it's still basically boring.

Like said, it's comfy. It's more self-contained episodes than a seasonal arc so if you prefer the more GoT/HoC/TWD/ST/etc. format of a lot of modern shows, it probably won't be for you.

I think that's what fooled so many BBC Sherlock fans for so long though, thinking they were in for a big mystery web that would eventually be unravelled.

Here's a good example of the insane way Moffat goes to write scenes in Sherlock compared to Elementary.
In Elementary Sherlock has multiple screens on a wall he uses when he has to look though hours of different camera-footage at once or video-chat with different experts he knows across the country. This is something that people don't have in their homes so it looks special on tv, and it makes for easy and good-looking videochat scenes that make total sense each time they happen.

Sherlock on the other hand had that completely retarded scene where Sherlock is interviewing like ten different people, and he does it by chatting with each one on a separate laptop he's picked up from somewhere and spaced around the room, and when he has no more questions to ask one of them he closes the laptop. All because either Moffat really wanted that "twist" where it turns out he's not actually interviewing them face to face or because he thought it was a good-looking way to show how Sherlock is interviewing multiple people on a computer. It's a fucking ludicrous set-up that just makes you laugh, and then it never happens again because Moffat just wanted to show off in that one scene. Because his characters don't have routines they adhere to, they just act and feel whatever for what the scene needs to be special.

>"THERE'S A HEAD IN THE FRIDGE!"

Threadly reminder.

I feel both of these shows lack something important.

Modern renditions of Holmes should be at least in part mysteries to be solved.

Both this shows fail to give the viewer the pieces of the puzzle required to come to a conclusion on their own. Watching arrogant individuals make a deduction and realize sometimes they are fallible or have too few facts, is indeed less rewarding than doing it your self while immersed.

Sherlock actually evolves as a character in Elementary and isn't a snide wizard 24/7.

THIS. He is the BEST SHERLOCK in the history of SHERLOCKS

Elementary actually does provide that though.

Yeah, if anything it's sometimes way too easy to guess ahead, I feel.

I'll watch Elementary, but only if there is some decent footshots of Lucy.

youtube.com/watch?v=9UeXRshcJEI
Is this correct?

You're right but Brett will fade away because people don't like to watch old things.

HOW DID HE DO IT

The building that wasn't that high somehow was tall enough so Sherlock could be rescued mid air while simultaneously dropping a similar corpse from the place of rescue.

The reveal for how this was done was really the first real indicator that the series was going to escalate into total shit

He was knighted for this role.

>m.

kill yourself retard.

because juicy liu

>The reveal for how this was done
They revealed nothing though

FALKOR

most TV shows are like that

I used to watch a lot of Midsomer Murders growing up, but those have gotten so formulaic that you can pick the killer just by finding the only person relevant to the plot but otherwise innocuous

>

The British show cast some reptilian mutant as main character.
It breaks the immersion.

The best Sherlock adaptation was made in America too. Even if it went on too long House was better than any Sherlock based show.

Honestly I think Sherlock works best as a procedural. That's why American versions will always be better. Brits have this obsession with making movies for TV and calling them TV shows. This is also why US Office was better. If the characters are fun you want to spend time with them not race head first into the conclusion of their arcs in 6 episodes.

TV is about familiarity cinema is about being blown away. You sit in a familiar environment, eating familiar food with familiar people and watch TV. You go out to watch a movie to have a mini adventure. Pay money, eat unfamiliar food, sit alongside strangers. The content on these screens should reflect this.

I hate this current so called golden age of TV where people stay in and watch TV shows to be "blown away"

US Office is funnier, not better

Who /mindpalace/ here?
youtube.com/watch?v=0FSKTndbwVo

Or it's just the guy who immediately helps the cops with anything they want, rather than lawyering up automatically.

I can't believe how many people at this shit up

i actually tried this before, it's pretty useful for remembering very specific things (i.e. the population of New Delhi)

what, you associate a memory to something visual?

most people do that

surely the editing time makes it not useful?

Funnier is better for a comedy. It also does drama better. Is the story as tightly written and characters as believable as UK office? No. But like I said, on TV I just want fun characters that you spend time with and funny or exciting capers with medium stakes.

All live-action Sherlocks are garbage compared to the BEST SHERLOCK

youtube.com/watch?v=rYuFHLezUyo

A Holmes thread, sweet
Does anybody else liked this one?

Fuck Ian was great, if you haven't seen this, 99% of the time you forget he was Gandalf and Magneto. There is a few scene you even forget he is a fucking known actor at all. Just a frail old man.

I don't know about that. Some still say Basil Rathbone is the best Sherlock.

nobody's seen Шepлoк Хoлмc?

youtube.com/watch?v=VzwBIvVwuOg

>I hate this current so called golden age of TV
It's is not a golden age for TV if the majority is watching it on internet is it?

Is this
?

Everything pales compared to the Russian Sherlock Holmes. Full of class, excellent performances, humor and real mystery.

No. It's

what a

While the stories are typical cop/assistant procedural template stuff, the characters and chemistry in the show make Elementary pretty good.

The Cucumberbatch show is basically low tier Dr Who episodes.

Because British people are genuinely stupid, it's a common misconception to associate an english accent as of one pertaining to an intellectual.

Their shows are so bad they need to spoonfeed the information to the audience because they are to stupid to understand the reasoning behind a plot or an event.

>actual motherfucking brits
modern brits, late 1800s britain more resembles modern america than modern britain

Saw the opening 30 minutes? Couldn't into it and it was just too depressing so turned it off.

Like you said frail old man. I don't want to watch that or think about it.

It's a comfy, relaxing show with likeable characters and decent mysteries. If you don't watch it, you're not missing much. If you watch it, your life becomes a little less boring for a while.

Ah, the memories.

Whenever it ran back in soviet kazachstan (wasn't often) it was family kino tiem.

time to nostalgia hard.

I would have liked Elementary if it had lead with a small multi-episode arc instead of one offs.

Also if they writers were smart enough to do the obvious thing and make it so that there was a previous Watson (John Watson) in Britain who died. Instead of 'muh Irene'.

So Mycroft got Sherlock another Watson when he fell apart. Looking for medically trained people named 'J. Watson' in a close enough position, and stumbled upon Joan.

i came into this thread looking for this and here it is

Glad I delivered.

Since she's dead in GoT, can we expect to see more of Moriarty in the future?

yep

that sounds kinda fucked up, I like it.

did you reply to your own post, m8

>Holmes has to decide between Moriarty and his father as they fight over who gets to rule the world
Gee willickers.

THIS

The BBC hates actual Brits, that's why.