Lion King/Lion Guard thread

Let's talk about some lions.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FLp97EMXWY4
youtube.com/watch?v=zl8gDjaHWWA
youtube.com/watch?v=1kGEz1zDGgY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yer a furry, OP!

It always bothers me how similar tiifu and zuri look to kiara. I bet the reason the lion guard is five different species is that they couldnt come up with enough distinct male lion cub designs

that, and they're probably half siblings. Only so much difference you can get when 50% of your genes come from the same dude.

Explain

As someone who has researched and written papers on the Sonic fandom, internet furries, and wanting to fuck sentient non-humans, I can safely and with great confidence say that the most autistic fandom (for lack of a better accepted word) are those of The Lion King.

no

Oh god i need an explanation

Montrith?

Explain? I signed up for TLKFAA in like 2000 and aside from the shittiest art ever, everyone having OC's related too and their own fanfic stories of canon characters the weirdest shit I remember was this insanely religious artist who went on a little rampage about homosexuals and some chick who felt the need to confess her undying sexual attraction to Pumba.
Oh, and Atimon but she was a fan favorite internet drama whore mid 2000s.

Kopa>Kion

Never Roar Again airs today, the long delayed episode. It's probably the heaviest Nala episode so far, although her needing rescued from five juvenile hyenas seems... wrong, I guess? Outnumbered or not, Janja's clan aren't adults.

And when will these two fuck?

Fuli is still great. She has always been officially described as the second-in-command, and in this episode, she actually takes command when Kion goes away. Too bad she's a horrible leader and nearly got everybody killed.

It's refreshing as fuck for a cartoon to be able to have a character talk to another character with only the back of their head toward's the camera. So sick of modern cartoons and that angled view where their face is always seen.

You clearly haven't done much research. Have you even touched upon the Warriors fandom?

I posted this image a few times, since I thought it was amusing that Disney listed it as a battle pose. when it doesn't look like a battle pose at all. I threw a few dollars away on ebay and picked one up. It's a lot smaller than I realized, but it's still a cute figure.

i cast my vote for "most autistic" to Pokemon

Are you doing any work on internet autists at the moment? I'm writing a dissertation myself, I explore the connection between excruciating personal fragrance and frequency of participating in comic book company flame wars.

can confirm this

So if TLG takes place in between the time skip in TLK 2 does kion just leave/die sometime before the latter half of TLK 2?

he's too busy consorting with degenerates by that time, or he just coincidentally is never around during the events we see. We see in one episode that he was just simply doing something else at the time Kovu met Kiara.

No. That will open up an entire new can of terrible worms, and if people already complain that Kion looks and acts like a bad OC I'd hate to see what they'd think of him.

Bump.

Her face never looks quite right

Why was today's episode delayed? Crocodiles barely did anything, so it seems odd to link it with the alligator attack.

Face looks fine to me, but I hate the brown noses some large cats have. Ugly as hell.

It always feels like her face is really wide and flat. More obvious for example

Bump.

He has his own pride by then.

Pokemon and Nintendofaggotry is normalfag as fuck.

All they had to do was sell the toy, why did they have to say it was a battle pose?

>lion freckles
I like this more than I should.

there is a reason it has its own containment board

>tiifu as the betty
>and zuri as the veronica
>and kion as the archie
>and bunga as the jughead
i'd watch it

>making a pride
>not having a degenerate interspecies harem of pride lion, outland lion, cheetah and hyena

He only needs one.

Real life:
>hyenas are far more closely related to mongooses and cats than they are to dogs
>have unique vocalizations that sound like laughing and chortling and crying, use no other types of vocalizations
>are top predators that directly compete with lions to the point the two species wage war on each other, hyenas also hunt more often than scavenge and are more successful at making kills than lions

Everything The Lion King:
>HURR HYENAS ARE COWARDLY WEAK SCAVENGERS WHO BARK AND YIP AND GRRR JUST LIKE DOGS BECAUSE LIONS ARE CATS AND KIDS LOVE THE CAT VS DOG THING!

IWTCIF

Lion King is nothing more but Kimba the White Lion turned into a Disney Musical.

That's more this one.

If they take this smear campaign against Hyena's into the live-action remake I'm going to be pissed.

What's to explain? You got a single lion male in charge of a harem of females. Many mommies, one daddy.

It would be nice if people uploaded the comics in quality that weren't complete garbage.

Why does everyone look so weird compared to Zazu?

Because Zazu is retaining his detailed design from the movies while everyone else is simpler so they are easier to animate quickly in flash

How come Simba didn't banished Makuu into the Outlands? He used his mate as a shield at one point to prevent Kion from using the Roar on him

from which episode?

I wish. I doubt the show will have any shipping at all.

The guy's art is pretty good up until he actually starts drawing genitals. They just don't seem to match the rest of the image, as if they were edited in.

Holy shit... Can't believe this is fan art. This dude completely nailed it with the style like the original.

Just searched the artist.... yeah. Agree about dem genitals looking off.

I really want to see how Scar grew up to be the way he is.

Weren't there books that tell the origins of Mufasa and Scar?

These exist.

yea, and they also say Simba had a son named Kopa. Make of that what you will

I wonder why they didn't go with Kopa for Lion Guards. Copyrights, maybe?

What, Fan Artists Fan-arted so hard that Disney's crack legal team on crack cocaine told them because they didn't enforce their copyright they might have forfeited it? That would be great. Disney outwitted by autists. Its right up there with fan-arting so hard you make your waifu real

No? It would be because Disney didn't create Kopa - the company who wrote the books did. If you don't solely own a character, things get messy. Didn't Archie lose a ton of Sonic characters because of that?

Pretty sure disney lost the rights to that character along with a few others in those books.

I know how the dick on the left is. And I know the Dick on the right too. But who is the Dick int he Middle?

Yes, because of the whole Penders lawsuit where he "claimed" that most of the characters in the Archie Sonic comic preboot were his

Kopa

Maybe he was exiled because there was a chance he could have been Scar's child, so Simba got rid of him

That or he was killed at such a young age. Maybe that's why Simba was so overprotective of Kiara

True. Of course, his son actually has a growing rogues gallery comprised of predators that want to murder the shit out of him. Guess Kiara is the heir and Kion is the spare.

So, I'm half expecting that rather than address Kion having feelings for a hyena, the show is going to have Simba throw a bitch fit when he finds out Kion is friends with a hyena because Scar also allied himself with hyenas. You would think Kion would have made hat connection, his greatest fear being that he'll be the next scar and all.

I thought Simba knew there were at least some animals in Outlands who respect the Circle of Life

Spill the beans shitbird

Kion is so gonna die, no way that runt even makes to teenager

Only pure KionxVitanni

I don't know. Fuli's design in the show may not make her look like a cheetah, but her appearance has grown on me and I like her weird "spots". Her lacking the tears is still perplexing, but at this point, I'm content with what we got.

The latest episode was quite disappointing. I wanted to see more of Zira's kids, especially Vitanni

Maybe in season two?

I hope so

boomp

Not the Thomas the Tank Engine fandom?

Was Zira Scar's mate or just his follower/admirer?

Why the fuck did they even need Scar in the first place to take over the Pridelands? They outnumbered Mufasa's pride five to one.

I CAN PLAY THIS GAME
youtube.com/watch?v=FLp97EMXWY4

From latest episode
>"Scar and I were close, reeeeaaal close"

They totally fucked

Much better

Next episode is called The Lost Gorillas. Must really be lost gorillas to be in the fucking savannah. I've always hated primates.

If the ratings were good then there will be more of them.

wasn't Scar kinda gay though?

>I've always hated primates.

I feel the same way, I think small monkeys are cute, but people and apes are assholes. Reminder that intelligence began when we learned to decieve.

Just cause he was quite flamboyant doesn't mean he's gay, though

I don't think he was gay. He was silver tongued and more skulking in the shadows, but certainly not gay.

There's a cut scene from the original Lion King (but kept in the Broadway) that explains why Nala left the Pridelines, because he had a hard on for her and tried seducing/raping her.

youtube.com/watch?v=zl8gDjaHWWA

Who should Kion go with?
Fuli, Jasiri, Tifu, Zuri, or Vitanni?

Fuli is the best ship.

youtube.com/watch?v=1kGEz1zDGgY

The animation looks so real

aye, even if it can use some work with shadows and backgrounds movement. but it's still a great video, i think the guy that made it is a former disney animator in incognito