Are long takes the most reddit type of shot?

Are long takes the most reddit type of shot?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3bozxgVQ9m0
vimeo.com/92383943
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I bet you enjoy watching Leeum Neeson climb a fence in 30 shots

No

Plan sequence became the basic knowledge of wannabe movie expert. I remember people jerking off when they saw Deathproof and than useless shot of girls talking for 12 minutes. That movie was shit but muh tarantino.
It's a nu male thing i think.

nah
the true detective long shot is pure kino

They can be quite effective in lovecraftian horror films.

if it doesn't get used as a gimmick, no.
But Birdman is gimmicky reddit shit.

Reddit is impressed by long takes just because they're long takes. Some directors shoot long takes just for the show-off factor, Birdman is a good example.

But it can be really effective in the right context, when it's used purposefully and sparingly. Most films compress time and cut from one angle to the next so quickly. So it can be powerful to let one specific moment play out in real-time, without any cuts, putting you right into the character's headspace.

Sometimes, you'll see both types in the same movie. The opening long-take shot of "Boogie Nights" is show-offy. But then, that Steadicam shot following William H. Macy around the New Years' party before he murders his wife is brilliant. The one-take boxing match in "Creed" is a good scene, but it's definitely show-offy. But then, the long shot towards the end that follows him into the ring for his final match is tasteful and effective.

I get hard just thinking about those long shots in Children of Men

I'm so confused...what the fuck does that even mean?

Watch more film, you spewing pleb.

In MOST cases they're "look at me I'm directing mom" type of shots. But when there's a thematic and narrative justification for them, they're obviously impressive, but the context is crucial.

Yes

Split screen is Sup Forums
Dutch angle is reddit
Long shot is tumblr

Kino:

youtube.com/watch?v=3bozxgVQ9m0

>I get hard just thinking about those long shots in Children of Men
I'm still blown away by that one battle sequence where they run like 4 blocks under continuous fire in one take. That must have been a bitch to set up.

Snap zooms are.

>But it can be really effective in the right context, when it's used purposefully and sparingly. Most films compress time and cut from one angle to the next so quickly. So it can be powerful to let one specific moment play out in real-time, without any cuts, putting you right into the character's headspace.
Quoted for truthiness.

It's a good way to provide momentum and continuous build ups of tension. I think the length of all shots should be a conscious artistic decision, be they a single frame or forty minutes long. I liked Birdman a lot, for all sorts of reasons, the technical aspects of it being just one of them.

Is this fucking real, or is it a recut?

The camerashot inside the car is pretty good, the way how they removed the car roof and put it a turnable camera and stuff is pretty cool.

for a film with "long shots" Birdman was really fast pace, was a fun watch.

The most reddit type of shot would be having to click on every frame of the fucking movie to watch it.

No, but in that film they sure are. It was one gimmick after another. It's going to age badly.

Most the "long-takes" in children of men were just edited to look like long-takes.

I hate this kind of digital camera movement. It's not a zoom and it's way too fast to be a dolly, no camera can physically do this, it's an instant giveaway that you're looking at a shot that is nothing but digitally processed garbage that would be more at home in a video game cutscene.

Yeah, and people weren't really getting killed in those action scenes either, it was just staged for the camera to look that way. What a fucking fraud, I hate that movie. Totally ruins it when you find out they faked everything.

I can't breathe

Where have you been? Sup Forums now revolves around not being like reddit.

yea it's pretty obvious that it's a green screen scene that's being enlarged rather than something getting zoomed in on

>long takes
>reddit
apples and oranges. your bait game is weak.

reddit is extra cuts = extra actions

Please stop.

Wrong.

Wrong image.

I think Sup Forums wants to be like reddit so hard but the irony is lost on everyone

why do you have this in the first place

Better question is why you do not.

>not having a cow aerodynamics folder

The long shot in The Protector is kino, the crash zooms used in classic Hong Kong action cinema is hilarious and terrific.

Don't see too many of those in Dr. Who, Sherlock or Rick & Morty.
Even Baby Driver only had like one.

No they're fucking kino.

>SpikeLee.webm

Long takes are great, especially in action films:

vimeo.com/92383943

sorry, it's actually the wide shot

This is the greatest editing of all time

>captcha: Select all with WINDOWS

R&M had the Rat Fight in Pickle Rick.

>blood on the lens

this is a great shot but jodorowsky's shit obsession just makes me disgusted

>shit obsession
>being afraid of the human reality and body
I bet you moan when you wipe your ass

Is classying a movie technique that existed since the beginning of movies as "reddit" the most reddit type of autism?

Children of men did it right

You're not making a good point here

Couldn't even watch it

Got nauseous half way thru

what's a long take

No, Dutch angles and shots inside a microwave/refrigerator are the reddit of shots

One sustained camera shot of a scene with no cuts, meaning all actors and extras have to do the whole sequence in one take and any bloopers mean everyone has to start all over again. Sometimes they cheat and try hide a cut behind a "natural" element going past the screen, like Kingsman did in the church fight.

>Are reddit shots the most reddit reddit reddit?

Nah, Tarkovsky did it right. Children of Men feels like Alfonso Cuaron trying to show off

>Rust lazily dragging a white guy in plain view of gangsters as they pretend not to see him.
>good
True Detective s1 is the most overrated shit on this goddamn site. Let's not even get into how fucking terrible the second half is.

Go back to

>that episode of scrubs shot entirely in one take
so good

WHICH WIRE, HILLBILLY?

Which episode?

Oy cunt, scrubs single take episode in google, real fucking hard eh? Dipshit