Dark Tower after being in theaters for over a month

>Dark Tower after being in theaters for over a month
$107,144,261
>IT after being in theaters for a week
$247,908,245

Do you think Sony regrets fucking Dark Tower up so badly? It wasn't just the racebending, they fucked up everything. TDT could have been a big horror/fantasy franchise if they didn't rush out some direct to video shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=houP7mAjZ0o
youtube.com/watch?v=GjwfqXTebIY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Sony is not capable of reflection

It was fucking kino

why wasn´t the clown played by a black actor?

I didn't see either, so I assume they're regretting not making Running Man 2 like I suggested.

Dank Tower is a much harder "sell" than IT
(Also it was a lot worse)
I assume WB wishes they could get every STEPHEN KAINGZ book right now so they could start their Kingomatic Expanded Derriverse
(Basically Shinning /stand by meme/ Carrie/shawshank reddition are unrebootable

They raced to get their King movie out first when it was BY FAR the lesser known was a huge mistake. They should have shot 15 more minutes of exposition of dark tower so we actually cared about jakes parents and get just get more flavor in general for the world, what was there was pretty good.

It's not scary as much as it's disturbing and unsettling

meanwhile while they're shooting it comes out and makes people want to see more stephen king movies, and bam dark tower comes out. new mega franchise.

I have a theory that the Jews are secretly sabotaging Sony since it is the only movie studio not owned by them.

There were no black clowns in the 80s

I liked Dark Tower though...

youtube.com/watch?v=houP7mAjZ0o
sony is run by nonhumans like IT

Dark Tower's budget was almost twice that of ITs too kek

why did he kick the prop on the left?..

Why not?

wtf is this video?

>Dank Tower is a much harder "sell" than IT
This. Spooky clown monster is a really simple premise. The Dark Tower should have been marketed as a Supernatural Western, instead the trailer sets it up as a Cowboy who ends up in our world and has a bunch of exposition and I don't even know I never read the fucking books.

youtube.com/watch?v=GjwfqXTebIY

he didn't it's just moving slightly from the vibrations of his dancing.

IT - most well known Stephen King story
IT - One of the most well known T.V mini series of all time.
IT - 30 years of ingraining itself into the publics minds.

Vs Dark Tower....that 99% of the public neither give a shit about or even know of it's existence.

Hmmmm, I wonder why IT is doing better?

I make sure to dislike every video you shill on here

TDT has a very big fanbase. If they had at least tried to follow the first book somewhat accurately, it would have been a guaranteed success.

The Dark Tower is easily one of Kings most popular books and has by far the most loyal fanbase. Other King stories don't have any invested fans. They read the book, they enjoy it, they move on. TDT was a long running series with people being invested in the characters and their story. All they had to do was tell that story and not shit on the fans by casting a guy who looks literally the opposite of what the main character is described.

nice try mushitti

Holy shit, DT is out? I had no idea. Is it any good?

IdrisElba/10

>this loser shilling his shitty videos 24/7 and no one watches them
He has shit taste too jesus christ

They better fucking regret it. That could have been a fantastic movie. I didn't even mind Elba as Roland because he's a damn good actor. Every last bit of that fiasco lies with the studio and the appalling treatment of the source material.

I don't doubt that but so that's what several million Dark Tower fans? The trailer I linked to fucks up fundamentally by showing Jake. And yes I know that in The Dark Tower that kid is a central character but obviously there's a reason Roland is on the cover of the books.

Bullshit
The Gunslinger is a sort self-contained story about cowboys with some hint of bigger things going on. It's the PERFECT launchpad for a cinematic universe.

Sony should have just made The Gunslinger it's own thing and if and only if it succeeded then go full Harry Potter and crank out film after film.

Anyone got a decent link to the movie? already watched it in theaters but really wanna watch it again.

All i can find are cams of the bloody thing.

This. The TV miniseries is a huge multiplier for IT. Also, plebs like to see horror movies, even when they are shit. Ouija made ten times it budget with a IMDB score of 4,5.

>Watching cams
disgusting

obviously not gonna watch cams, doe.

Is it too early to find a real link for the movie in HD?

How long until decent quality torrent?

they made dark tower into exactly what everyone is sick of. No one gives a fuck about the color of the main character.

they made IT into a jumpscare movie, which only come in halloween season, and we're heading into halloween season (according to fucking walmart) thus people aren't as sick of them yet.

remake of The Stand when?

>No one gives a fuck about the color of the main character.

Except for, you know, the fans of the books who actually care about the characaters.

CowboyShit is a harder sell than HorrorShit where even an awful horror movie will make back a profit

DT has still never been as popular as It

>Is it too early to find a real link for the movie in HD?
It's been out for a week so i'd say so

>The TV miniseries is a huge multiplier for IT.
Dark Tower also had a TV miniseries.

Why do you keep repeating this stupid argument? So no one should ever make another King movie adaption if it isn't as popular as IT? DT had all the potential to be fucking huge and they fucked it up. It's like someone made a movie about ASOIAF with a black Eddart Stark and shit and it completely bombed and then everyone was saying "well, ASOIAF was never that popular, so no wonder it did so badly."

dat face.

at this point I'm pretty convinced you're just elaborate bait, nobody can seriously be this autistic

I Didnt watch tdt, because of the nigger

I wanna see the raw recording of this scene. No postproduction.

That's a stupid fucking theory

>TDT could have been a big horror/fantasy franchise if they didn't rush out some direct to video shit.

They are still pushing it. They are doubling down. They are doing a tv series with black Roland and a videogame as well. Their policy is the same as the other big media companies; if people don't accept forced diversity at first just keep hitting them with it until they do.

>All i can find are cams of the bloody thing

You are looking for a digital 1080 rip of a movie the same week it's in theaters? Maybe in oscar season with screeners, that's the only time that happens.

This. They said fuck you to us with that casting so no way are they getting my money.

SHILL'S ARE BACK ON THE MENU BOYS

how do i into the scary clown franchise?
books/tv/movies/comix?
i wanna watch the movie but i wanna consume all the available media before that

this doesn't tell me anything

Yeah fucking Disney shills shitting on this movie, why don't they just tell their bosses to make better movies like IT?

Did it? Links, at least to IMDB please. Google shows nothing.

kek

>There are actually faggots who get offended by the fact a white guy was played by a black guy.
I'm not promoting any BLM bullshit, but I never understand people who take this shit seriously, You just end up sounding exactly the same as the faggots who screech about how women are oppressed in media.

elaborate

Not the guy you're quoting but you made a video with a stale meme about an objectively good movie and now you're cringely shilling it in every thread.

I understand him wanting to believe you're bait but I know you're this retarded. Autism is a hell of a drug

Nigger you post your awful videos in every single movie thread, and I'm not just talking about IT, but most big movie releases. You really need to fuck off, your content is absolute trash

CAN'T UNSEE

Some people don't like niggers, get over it.

WB had passion for the book when they made IT even with the Fukunaga leaving because he wanted to go all in with the sexual subject matter.

Sony had Tom Rothman, a man known for making terrible decisions at Fox, leading the Dark Tower.

It's Sony, they have no idea what went wrong

If Sony would have given Idris Elba a little dancing scene Dark Tower would have done much better.

I'm not saying they have to hold hands and sing "holy holy hallelujah" together, but seriously, getting offended by black actors and crying like faggets on the internet ?

>stale meme
>objectively good movie
*BREATHES IN*

I genuinely hope Kaz Hirai shuffles up Sony Pictures' management and fires the idiots in charge like Pascal and Rothman. Those two have fallen upwards in Hollywood for too long.

Sony is doing a good fine job of shooting themselves in the foot every chance they get. They get billion dollar IPs and run them into the ground.

>Breathes in
This is a stale meme, yes

Sony keeps making dogshit after dog shit. It's unbelievable.

>and Rothman
He just HIRED him in 2016. Kaz is a fucking retard.

Did it? Well there you go. Who the fuck even heard about that?

You did it again

>It wasn't just the racebending
yes it was. as racists as it sounds, nobody wants to watch a sci-fi movie with a black lead.

thats not why. they shoehorned in a kid and made it a YA movie, thats why it bombed.

>Do you think Sony regrets fucking Dark Tower up so badly?

I want to say they regret their ever lengthening string of disasters, since it's bankrupting them. But then I see the same idiots responsible aren't fired and they just keep pushing the same garbage "diversity" angle again and again.

So I don't know. Doesn't seem like it. Seems like they're fine torpedoing their own company.

I hope somebody legitimately shoots Amy Pascal

They should have considered making Dark Tower a TV series.

Sony has bad ideas, period. They are a wealthy enough entity to acquire good stories but it seems like the creatives they bring on are abnormally hampered by corporates with no creativity... So, they lose money by not trusting the talent.... And what are they going to do then? Trust the creative process? No. They bring in more suits stop the bleeding
(read-save money).

They are fucked.

Having read one of the dark tower novels I can say it is good, really captures the feel of the books. it is not plot accurate in the least though so enjoy it for what it is and leave your expectations at the door.

It just hit me that Stephen King had 2 movies come out this year, damn. Even though I'm not a fan I have to give credit where credit is due

Racist

Not to mention a couple of TV series.

'I'm Pennywise the dancing clown.'

Walked out right there. Since when have clowns danced?

imagine being this delusional and having this little perspective
neither I, nor anybody I know, had ever heard of Dark Tower before they announced this movie

it's in the book

They are making a negro Dark Tower tv series. Gotta get that Susan Delgado getting BLACKED

I mean, that too.

But also that I find race/sex bending insulting, especially if it's going to be the main lead of a film/series. Side characters I don't give as much of a shit about, but Racebending is shitting on a character, changing how they look and act for no reason.

People outcryed a black spider-man because no matter how well the actor did in the part, he's not Peter Parker.

Just like a girl can't be harry potter, and a vibrant ginger man can't be bruce wayne. Looks are part of a character, and when a movie/show throws away something that basic shows that they don't care to even attempt to respect the original.

But that's racist user.

It's the 21st century you bigot. Clowns can be or do anything they want.

read the book first. 1986 "IT" by stephen king.
then the miniseries from 1990.
then the new 2017 film.

But race doesn't make a character user. Character comes first, everything else is secondary.

>and a vibrant ginger man can't be bruce wayne.

Oh you're just memeing .

Holy fuck check out this idiot's youtube and patreon page!

you are every bit as much a self-parody as I thought you would be

That's bullshit. Dark Tower seems a lot more like a typical western crossed with fantasy elements. It is like some weird amalgam of horror and fantasy with Stand By Me/The Goonies except the kids get horribly mauled.

All they had to do was write a decent script and not cast the main hero as a nigger for no good reason.

Oh for gods sake user, race is PART of character.

As much as people may pretend to ignore it, your race influences where you fall in a society and time and place.

And how is Bruce Wayne not working as a ginger trolling? Fans already have a mental picture of what bruce way looks like. So do producers which is why every last actor to play him has looked like Bruce Wayne.

YOu should only change a characters race if you're willing to start changing elements of his backstory, and you don't, then it's a clearly a pandering related change and so an insult to the watcher.

Isn't the western branch of Sony owned by a Jew?

It's a red flag. If they recast a white guy as a nigger for no good reason, then the rest of the movie is probably going to be SJW schlock. Like the vagina Ghostbusters. That was a disaster. And that black Annie movie. Yeah, remember that? Me neither.

>But race doesn't make a character user
Yes it does. Or at least it makes up a significant part of their character.