Is Kingsman actually good or is it just a meme movie?

Is Kingsman actually good or is it just a meme movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gguOffpsImU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

it's a good meme movie
/thread

good or not it's just fun

It's pretty good at doing the campy spy stuff with gadgets and whatnot that Craig's bond movies refuse to do.

This movie, like anything by Guy Ritchie, embodies every single thing I hate about film.

I went in with really low expectations and ended up being pleasantly surprised how good it was. But I feel like youve already formed an opinion and are just looking for validation

BASED BLACK MAN IN ORANGE IS BASED

List five of them

it's like a young teenagers/family film, it is easy to enjoy, it's part comedy part spy movie.

the film knows it's full of cliches so it has a couple of strange twists along the way. it doesn't pretend to be a smart film, but it follows a reliable formula and has some strong performances.

for me, it was only let down by a weak Samuel L. Jackson villain, 7/10 flick, higher for younger audience.

The signature shaky Vaughn action shots are so fucking kino

Kingsman was a mess of a movie about a young pseudotroubled dude who just manages to successfully stumble through any obstacle thrown at him.

Its only redeeming quality was the church fight and the intro. Villain was cliché and unfunny (just because it's Sam Jackson lisping doesn't mean it's hilarious).

I had no idea whether this movie was an action movie, a satire, comedy or actual spy movie. It attempts to go into all these directions, which ultimately just leaves it messy without any real commentary about its underpresented elements.

None of the ideas presented in this movie is truly intriguing; the villain's big bad evil plan is ridiculously "nonmenacing", the good guys are just what you'd expect a secret spy to be (classy, tactical, secretly armed to the teeth), the spy school is such an obviously underexecuted cliché I almost stopped watching and its all drawn forward by some annoying main character with no likeability.

I compare this to a similar movie like Baby Driver, and really see how hit and miss this movie really was. I legitimately felt like I was watching a real-action adaptation of those spy shows you'd find on old Cartoon Network.

It's mathew vaughn you fucking pleb

>implying kick ass wasn't good

I know lots of things get called this, but it's Reddit: the Movie. That ebin "shoot le hateful christians xD" scene seals it.

It's good, it has a meme scene or two.

it's a meme movie. that main church point is a result of such a massive plot contrivance that it brings down the entire movie, the rest of which wasn't that good to begin.

why does she have a bulge

What would be the impact if this was a Mosque and he proceeded to massacre all the Muslims inside?

Pretty fun movie, though a little edgy

Would never happen, he's a British spy, sworn to protect all Muslims

10/10

a good meme

That is hate speech user and I've reported you to the Ministry of Tolerance so expect a visit from the thought police you bigot.

i enjoyed this flick

white christians aren't being persecuted (in the west) except for in your own goddamn head you dumb fuck

BAKE THE CAKE OR FACE THE CONSEQUENCES GOYIM

>I had no idea whether this movie was an action movie, a satire, comedy or actual spy movie
it definitely wasn't an actual spy movie
it was a satirical comedy with action scenes

does that hurt your head?

I agree but you redditspaced so fuck you. much like Kick-Ass, this film is all over the place tonally and genre-wise. I don't know why normies appreciate this shit so much but maybe I'm just being autistic.

What kind of bothers me the most in this clip is how the two guys in the back at the end of it don't even react and just slowly turn to start their own fight.

I understand there's a narrative reason to sort of justify it, but it still just looks bad.

It's a flick. A joint, even.

wtf

mmmmm... Sofia..mmh

>what is a vagina

how she moves!
youtube.com/watch?v=gguOffpsImU

>redditspaced
You're like one of those idiots that speak ebonics so no one will mistake them for "acting white" or "having a brain".

The special effects look positively terrible. I cringed at that trailer.

I don't understand this movie, who wanted it made? Who does it appeal to and who went to see it? I have extreme prejudice against poncy British figs and chavs, is it possible to enjoy it?

there's something strange about her... i mean she's flatty and got strange face but at same time kinda arousing and i can't stop staring at her

The film doesn't take itself nearly as seriously as you do and that's your problem with it. It isn't trying to be a legitimate James Bond spy movie and it's not trying to pretend it's hilarious. Its a simple predictable plot that is self deprecating and decent quality at the same time.

Stop trying so hard to compare it to great spy movies or comedies and enjoy it.

I mostly enjoyed it as a comedy film but found the periods of excessive ultraviolence - and the resulting under-reaction of the characters to the situation - to be quite jarring, throwing off the film's tone.

kick ass sucked ass

oh no! i have to put two grooms on the top of this cake! i'm sooooooo oppressed!

It's a fun movie, although I might be biased since I'm definitely in the "I hate modern Bond, why the hell does it take itself so seriously?" camp which this film targets.

>church scene is a result of what the main villain had been spending the entire film working towards
>contrived

More like "I'm no longer allowed to abide by my supposedly constitutionally protected religious convictions in the way I run my private business."

Using a review from the sun
Those fucking bastards

What do you expect, the film is shockingly Conservative, especially for a Hollywood blockbuster.

Tone is not good. Just feels over the top for the sake of being over the top. That combined with generic drama makes it eh.

your "religious" convictions are only protected so far as they don't intrude on other's rights

Looks like a reddit movie

Their right to buy one of your cakes? what?

>muh NAP
Fuck off Ancap

>forcing a business owner to serve you is a right

What right do homosexuals have to force a Christian bakery to serve them when they could easily get their cake somewhere else?

I haven't read it, but I wouldn't be surprised if that scene was straight from Mark Miller's original comic book.

>implying there are oppressed demographics in the west

>family film
>explicitly rewarded with anal sex

What?

Overrated trash

that is what family films are in 2017

civil rights > property rights

It's a movie about class fight.

I want to colonize her womb.

oh no

kek

Is that you, Armond?

it's terrible.

but it's fun.

as long as you don't go in expecting a coherent story or compelling meaning, you can enjoy it. it's a ballsy flick and nothing else.

>Freedom of association
>Slavery

Pick one

Its pretty damn great.

Its a very fun movie, but they clearly didn't care for overall plot and storytelling.
Its like while writing this they just said, "Let's add an action scene, now a funny scene"