Jurassic Park Thread Part II: Seabass Boogaloo

Come join us for the comfiest thread on Sup Forums.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qxPcLq-xelA
youtube.com/watch?v=MJ1s4WX8xTg
youtu.be/DwS1Rsf7zLc?t=125
youtube.com/watch?v=k6A3SaRr26M&list=PL0058A651EB882B48
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Does anyone else think the aesthetic of that first park was just top kino? I don't know what it is about the blacks, reds, yellows, grays, the late 80s/early 90s utility technology against that backdrop - the tropical forest, something so full of wonder going so wrong, it's all so childish, like a toy, it's so fascinating.

I just want to spend a week at Jurassic Park inside the movie, like I've been invited by John Hammond to check it out. If you got that opportunity, how would you try to survive knowing how things go?

Also post more JP aesthetics.

What's going on here?

inb4 autist arguing dinosaurs are immune to bullets

Absolutely. Beautiful color scheme.

jurassic park is one of my top 5 favorite movies

They spared no expense.

It was born with Down Syndrome. Hammond recognizes it and laughs at the little abomination before tossing it into the incinerator.

What did she mean by this?

>(((amblin)))

>Dennis Nedry's arms rip off

Exactly, it had a soul.The newest movie and frankly most new movies everything is so "perfect" it doesn't look real.

You probably couldn't even have a convincing nedry character today. You can just smell the B.O. and cigarette smoke whenever he is on screen. Today he would be a stereotypical nerd who likes video games and has bobble heads on his desk, played by a "self aware" fat guy.

Why do Jews insist on trying to ruin everything?

God, that looks good.

Which was more based, the JP campaign at McDonald's or the Lost World campaign at Burger King?

god DAMN

I was in the third grade when my dad took me to go see this movie. He told me that Jurassic Park was real and that we could go one day.

They missed an opportunity by not making the Thermos look like a Barbasol can.

fuck i was obsessed with these as a kid. i was seriously considering buy the young t rex on ebay today too. did I get any (you)'s from my
""10 minutes into Chilean seabass and chill"" post on the last thread?

I'm guessing they thought of it but that licensing would cost too much and/or they were scared kids would start eating shaving cream.

Surprisingly, pic related is the only good JP game.

i remember collecting those watches. I wish I was smart enough as a kid to take care of them instead of probably tossing them out.

dinasaws

There are going to be dinosaurs on your dinosaur tour right?

I had one with the dilophosaurus as a face cover, won it at a friends birthday party

patrician kids got the one all the way on the right

Holy shit I remember having that cup as a kid. That's a fucking nostalgia trip.

That's a neat poster

I bet these JP threads on Sup Forums spur lot of autists into eBay purchases. I would have if I didn't already have a bunch of frivolous crap laying around.
They could have at least given it the familiar red cap with a blue and red striped body.

This is the most JUST scene of the trilogy. TWO fucking Trexes out there to fuck you up, poor guy.

well they didn't seem to have any problem allowing kids to drink from containers labeled "WARNING biological material"

checkmate, atheists

One on the far left had a holographic dino eye when you looked at it from a certain angle.

Fuck ya I had these two and some quad vehicle where the back part could come off like a dinosaur ripped it off. I don't even remember the backpack guns. I only got no name rubber dinosaur toys though because the JP ones were too expensive.

Vince and Sarah's characters were so fucking stupid in this movie, literally get good guy Eddy and few dozen INGEN employees killed because of "save muh dinos".

I wish it was 1993 again.

Sneed

Nah, it was probably a business break down with Barbasol.

A locally owned toy store had the big Rex from the first movie until they closed in the early 2000s. They never marked down the price from full SRP. Now I'm wishing I had bought it (it's worth a shitload now).

who here had on of these. my friend and I would pretend to be dinos and fight each other. I would always win because I was t-rex even though I was secretly jealous because I thought the raptor was cooler.

I had the Explore as a kid. The back came with launching plastic missiles and the front hood would come off like it was chewed off by the trex. It was so awesome, even the giant moonroof would open so you could fit the action figures in it.

babbys 2nd rts after warcraft on dos

searched "jurassic park toy" to see if I could find anything I had

this guy was and a jeff goldblum hang glider were my two main guys

No kidding and this one is opened.

Operation Genesis. Such a comfy game.

I really want a cheap, simple roller coaster tycoon style jurassic park builder that lets you manage a park with lots of diverse dino breeds

I know a new verson is coming out but i see it being DLC'd and multiplayer'd to shit

and this one was HARD AS SHIT

>ATTENTION, THERE IS A STORM APPROACHING THE ISLAND

Which game was the one with the over the top realistic physics and hand interface?

This one? I had it too. Damn I had more of these toys than I remembered.

It's weird that this toy was so nostalgic for me, but also really nostalgic for everyone else

Fuck I don't even know what I'd do in that situation, even if you used the rifle they make it clear in Roland's scene that it requires a couple tranqs to knock down one T-Rex.

That was my favorite toy. Also had the raptor, and later Godzilla.

I had Jeff Goldblum hangglider and Vince Vaughn with a water gun

I remember these holographic things from cereal boxes were all the rage back then too at school

Trespasser

youtube.com/watch?v=qxPcLq-xelA
Thread theme.

Trespassers

kek yeah
had those too

Trespasser.

Damn that gives me some memories, I miss Jurassic Park merchandise.
At least we're getting a new Operation Genesis game next year.

Damn, looking them up on ebay. Apparently, there was a helicopter.

is that the one where you looked down and saw your tits?

10 year old me was pleased with that

Shit I forgot about that godzilla one. I wanted that raptor bad.

>Trespasser

Yes! I remember reading about that game in magazines. Thought at the time it seemed scary as shit

The story behind this game's development is pretty fascinating, the game was actually one of the most influential first person shooters ever made despite being released in such a poor state.

Wasn't that the one with AUTHENTIC BATTLE DAMAGE™?

sansa has been doing her shrugs

It was revolutionary, but the world was not yet ready for janky physics

Do movies still release toys/fast food promos/general swag anymore? I mean beside Star Wars. I still have some of the Lost in Space toys from the 97 movie.

I was to much of an autist as a kid to buy toys that weren't featured in the movie.

>tranq bazooka

Not really. Leftist parents pretty much killed any advertising to kids.

I had these and a shit with raptors on it where the eyes glowed in the dark.

Chaos Effect verdict? I remember being so excited when I first saw these in my local Ames store, I thought a new movie was coming out.

the new upcoming movie frightens me, story wise there is no reason the redhead woman to get back to the island.

also jp1 & 2 toys were nice. they are making a new park tycoon too for 2018: jurassic world evolution

About ten years ago I remember my sister getting a happy meal with the special prize being a pack of tissues.

I use to get mini furbies and men in black neuralizers and shit

/toy/ here
If you guys are looking for any cool dinosaur figures I'd highly recommend Papo's stuff.

So we can get look at her ass some more and imagine her jerking me off and telling me I’m a good boy

From the books. Muldoon takes down the Rex with it at one point.

Mind you, Muldoon in the books also blasts a raptor's leg off with a shotgun whilst being wedged in a drainage pipe, so he's considerably more badass in the book.

They're making a sequel

the new reboots generally depress me, the last movie was simply awful, although I couldn't bring myself to admit it at the time

Man you were so fucking close.

As I stated above, I was too much of an autist to buy toys of things that weren't in the movie. Kenner was the king of repaints.

It's interesting, whilst I enjoyed the new movie at first, on subsequent rewatchings I can't really stand it. This review really clicked with me on the issues with it compared to the original JP.

youtube.com/watch?v=MJ1s4WX8xTg

>mfw i realize I had every toy in this image exept the stego and the triceratops
>also had raptors, ultraraptor, dilophosaurus, coelophysis
>also a shit ton of star wars toys and mighty max's

damn, I was spoiled
at least I still have them all in a box. I thought i'd have kids someday, but oh well

CODE NAME: RAM HEAD
youtu.be/DwS1Rsf7zLc?t=125

mfw the cat learned to fear the pach attack.

Sweaty BDH in a tight tank top was the only good thing about Jurassic World.

JW was meant to have 2 hybrids and hints of more, but they cut them down at the last minute.

in fact, in the novels, muldoon shot one raptor with a rocket launcher an blew its upper body, then took shelter in the drainage pipe and blast another raptor's leg with another rocket.

and gennaro beat up a raptor with his fists

Agree, got this for Christmas a year ago

Check out ResearchIndicates' playthrough. It's really informative and interesting.

youtube.com/watch?v=k6A3SaRr26M&list=PL0058A651EB882B48

You're going to like JW2 then.

Agreed. The warm colors along with the 90's design cues really came together to make true dinokino aesthetics. They fucked that up completely with the soft reboot, along with everything else.

Just look at that freaking video game cover. Wow!

I think we all can agree that Ellie's son's father is actually Dr. Grant. If anything we've learned from each movie that adult male and female are guaranteed to bang after surviving a dinosaur attack.

damn, forgot pic...

what possible reason could she have for returning? Do they fix the park and then everything goes to shit...again?

well i said story wise. she can't run, she doesn't know shit about dinosaurs.

eye wise, her look in jw2 is better

Ah, thanks! I'll check it out.

i hope she runs so we can see her fat titties bounce

Lol

I just skip the first 10 minutes of JP3 anytime I rewatch it so that Grant is on the adventure while Ellie is at home watching their son.
Fuck you Joe Johnston you hack, you didn't get the point of the first movie at all.

you can skip the entirety of 3 because it is a huge shit