A Green Lantern WILL Appear In 'Justice League'

>in a new breakdown about the movie over at The Wrap, the site mentions that, "A member of the Green Lantern Corps. will be seen in 'Justice League' in a key sequence."

comicbookmovie.com/justice_league/it-sounds-like-well-see-a-member-of-the-green-lantern-corps-in-a146895

S
I
N
E
S
T
R
O

As if the movie wasn't bloated enough.

Now the movie has to set up Superman's resurrection, Batman and Wonder Woman gathering the members, Apokolips, Boom Tubes, Steppenwolf, and Lex Luthor escaping with Deathstroke, and now this.

Does no one learn that cape movies shouldn't be bloated after BvS and ASM2?!!!!

Shit, setting up Apokoplis in BvS was the worst idea ever. Apokolips should not be the first villain for the league to fight.

Abin Sur or whatever.

>we'll never see Starro on the big screen.
I wish Warner Bros had the balls to do something like that.

Hope it's my boy Tomar-Re.

>As if the movie wasn't bloated enough.
Basically every comic book movie for the last 8 years has been "bloated" they have to set up all these different worlds and plotlines now. You just have to embrace the the bloat.

No. One of the good things about the MCU is that Civil War didn't feel bogged down by its huge cast because most of them had already been introduced and we didn't have to sit through their introduction in the movie itself.

GL should be a priority over most of the other things they're stuffing into JL, it's shameful that there's only a small cameo

Oh great, another commercial like the ones in BvS

I agree, but the difference is that Marvel built up the bloat, adding to it with each film.

DC provided the equivalent of 2 or 3 Marvel films worth of bloat at once with BvS

Not defending the bloat, not letting DC off the hook either

Civil War was the most bloated MCU film. Spider-Man is introduced while having no effect on the plot whatsoever, Ant Man shows up for no reason at all, At least they managed to integrate Black Panther into the narrative rather than just dropping him in there.

So Hal is the BvS Wonder Woman of Justice League. Great

>Spider-Man is introduced while having no effect on the plot whatsoever
Oh, I guess I imagined all those parts of the fight where he was fighting.

>Ant Man shows up for no reason at all
Really? I could've sworn he was called by Hawkeye because he has the ability to shrink and grow and that would be an asset to them in the fight that he would later participate in. But I guess he actually showed up for no reason.

I don't really see how BvS was that bloated, apart from the Justice League teasers it pretty much sticks to its own story.

Ant Man is somewhat justifiable given that Falcon was looking for him in the previous film and coinciding with Civil Wars timeline. However Spidey was indeed out of fucking nowhere

Yeah they show up just to fight in the airport scene, which has no effect on the plot. You could snip out the airport scene and the story would make no less sense.

>Literally a green-colored lamp sits in Barry's apartment

Hell, it's not like they even HAVE to do the giant Starfish alien, as awesome as that'd be. They could do that shitty humanoid one from R.E.B.E.L.S.

You're kidding right?

>Apokolips
>villain

You're thinking of Darkseid

Its all subjective of course, but to me it tried to set up Batman's motivation for being Batman, why he's a more violent version, Darkseid, the Flash having time travel capabilities, Wonder Woman, Lex Luthor and all his nuttiness and the Justice League themselves.

for me the absolute most damning part was the trailers within the film.

They added little to nothing to the plot other than to bloat the film with the knowledge that it is setting up multiple interconnecting films

Despite all this I don't think its as bad as Sup Forums makes out. Still poor, but not THAT bad

If they did it without the Starfish, then they should just use another mind-controlling character.

>tfw Starro was one of the villains in my fantasy of a DCCU

>barely got the position
>already shoehorning his pet characters whenever he can

THANK YOU BASED CEREAL KING!

It's not a very complicated movie.
I thought stuff like the Knightmare sequence gave the movie a bit of that multiversal DC grandeur. I think Batman, Superman, and Lex Luthor are the main plot so I don't see how their stories were bloat.

>for me the absolute most damning part was the trailers within the film.

wonder woman stops the movie to watch trailers fo flash, cyborg and aquaman movies

A midpoint confrontation was necessary and set up both the third act and further longterm character arcs.

But, sure, it could not be set in an airport, I guess.

I can't wait for Sinestro to be the GL in JL 2

>A midpoint confrontation was necessary and set up both the third act and further longterm character arcs.

What's the point of it in the actual movie? They were already going to the arctic before it happened and then they still go. It's just there for the powers showcase.

You take out Spider-Man and Ant-Man from the airport fight and nothing changes.

Why would he be? Earth isn't in Sector 1417.

The Knightmare sequence only works if you know what the fuck Apocalypse is, who Darkseid is, what his symbol is and what Parademons are. Otherwise its just really confusing and unexplained

Now you could say "Ha! Good! Fucking normies" but you shouldn't have to go into a film with prior knowledge of the source material. That is the definition of a poor adaptation.

Ant-Man provided the distraction so Cap and Buck could get to the hangar. It's flimsy, but he did serve a purpose.

Either Captain or Iron Man are going to die in the Gauntlet battle.
Calling it. Both are extremely expensive actors who have had plenty of movies. Its time to make way for others.

To be fair, though you see this in book series more than movie series, presenting things the audience doesn't understand in one story, then explaining them in the next story, is a common enough thing, and if the explanation is executed properly, it's fine.

There's nothing wrong with showing a cryptic weird and scary scene in the middle of a movie, specially when it is a nightmare.

But i agree that the Knightmare scene was just... i have no goddamn words for it.

>you shouldn't have to go into a film with prior knowledge of the source material.

You ever consider that maybe they don't want the audience to understand everything completely?

Who's going to be this Green Lantern's love interest?

Because in the DCEU movies there's this whole weird thing where the heroes are motivated by pussy. That's the main reason why we had Wonder Woman in BvS, because Batman needed a woman to make him a honest man.

Chris Evans is paid chump change
I think Renner was paid more for Civil War

Their ideological differences escalated into actual conflict and shattered the team.

What does this have to do with the airport scene?

Eh, I misread your post.

Iron Man was ready to make up with Cap even after that scene. It wasn't until the mother reveal that it seemed irreparable (though Cap's letter at the end tries to smooth it over).

You might not need to understand everything immediately, but what in that sequence makes the audience give a shit about it.

Imagine you know nothing about Darkseid or any of that and you see that scene.

>"oh Batman had a bad dream"

That's it.

The only impetus to care relies on prior knowledge

The Knightmare sequence served two purposes. One was to foreshadow the arrival of Darkseid, but the other is to give Batman a glimpse of what Superman is fully capable of, cementing his "if there's even a one percent chance" belief and making the audience more sympathetic to his actions even if we know that they're wrong.

To be honest, the airport scene was there to justify the "CIVIL WAR" title. Otherwise the movie would just be about Steve, Tony and Bucky's love triangle.

>director can't handle Superman,
>rewarded with Batman, Wonder Woman, Lex Luthor, Doomsday

>director can't handle Batman, Wonder Woman, Lex Luthor, Doomsday
>rewarded with return of Superman, Flash, Aquaman, Cyborg, Green Lantern, Steppenwolf, Darkseid, the Fourth World

So this is literally just failing upward?

You're judging the movie on the basis of it being a stand alone, but you know its not.
Its meant to be connected to other movies and therefore needs something to make the audience interested.
If everything presented in the first movie were to be explained in its entirety then why would anyone go to see a sequel if they already know everything?

You learn that Batman had a premonition about what an unchecked Superman is capable of along with the need for kryptonite.

Abin Sur will try to protect Earth, die and the ring will fly to Hal

also that Lois the key to keep Superman good

>tfw my dream JL movie will never happen
>Martian Manhunter and Hawkgirl will never warn the other heroes of impending Starro
>will never get an ending with AquaBadass denying League invitation

Woulda been perfect, Smalls.

There never should have been even a remote possibility that a Green Lantern wouldn't appear in a Justice League movie. Hal should be in the Flash movie as Barry's best friend, and the only reason he's not is because WB is now terrified of the Green Lantern IP.

The fact that there's someone in a Sup Forums thread complaining about his presence in a fucking Justice League movie (with a threat from outer space no less) when Green Lantern's always been a founding member, serves to illustrate that Sup Forums doesn't read comics and that Sup Forums board will criticize the DCEU at any chance.

Why doesn't Starro get that much love from DC? In the comics I mean. Sure he's one note but then so is Doomsday

>WB wasn't using Starro for anything
>The CW could've used him for the crossover
>They chose the Literally Who's instead

Starro was just in New Super-Man and Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern corps. READ COMICS.

Starro seemed like a red flag in HJGLC, but it was still nice to see him

>They added little to nothing to the plot other than to bloat the film with the knowledge that it is setting up multiple interconnecting films

Did you miss the bit where Bruce asks Diana something to the effect of "where have you been all this time?" It adds to Bruce's feelings of abandonment and his paranoia.

This. It will show Abin defending earth, then getting shot down, and his ring finding a man in a leather bomber jacket. Camera pans down over the shoulder and we see the ring slide onto the figures finger. "Hal Jordan you have the ability to overcome fear." Roll credits...

Me too.

Starro is legitimately terrifying. A giant Chluthu-esque space monster who can create miniature versions of itself to control minds.

It would also set up a moral dilemma of whether they should kill "infected" human

Not a single Marvel villain has been scary, so they could have got the leg up with Starro.

That's actually a great idea. Then cancel this horrible sounding GL Corps movie and just do a reboot with a new Hal and Guy

This film is gonna be a traaaaiiiiiiin wwwrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeccckkk

>Then cancel this horrible sounding GL Corps movie and just do a reboot with a new Hal and Guy
I just want space cops with non human lanterns. Is that too much to ask?

That'd be great, but you know the Corps movie as it's probably planned now has at least Hal, Guy, John, and Kyle. It's going to be a disaster and I hope they come to their senses

I heard it's going to be a John and Kyle team-up with a cameo by Guy

Hal is dead and gone

That sounds awful

>Hal is dead and gone
Do you think he went full Parallax?

>Apokolips as villain

Lmfao

Spidey is one thing, but Ant-man was important, he swung the tide of that entire fight. The only other person they had with that kind of potential was Scarlet Witch, and they were more concerned with her relationship with Vision. Scott's an already established character, we know who he is and what he's about, what the deal is with the Ant-Man legacy, so the movie doesn't have to waste time explaining it. He's brought in as a sort of secret weapon and is effective in that role.

Spider-Man is there because rights, he has no real purpose, and yet they have to dedicate time to Tony going and getting him, trying to justify why he would bring him in, and then immediately having him leave the story again after the airport fight because "Holy shit Tony why the fuck would you bring him"

>Hawkgirl
It's already imperfect.

I understood the comic stuff that the sequence was referencing, and I understood the narrative purpose it served in the movie, it was just dumb as FUCK.

>some drunk pilot gave it to me

yes

So they're getting Ryan Reynold's back because w want the deadpool money?

The more bloat the better.
We already know its going to be a 3 hour show anyhow.
So more bloat = better pacing

Because he is more of a one note villan.
Just like the Galactic Boat Rower.

Apokolips is the planet where Darkseid resides you thick fuck

My best guess is Abin Sur will be in the movie crash landing, or skip to John Stewart for more "diversity".

Also why not Mongul and Battle world first villain then?

I can't see this image without seeing Dobson's version any more.

Cyborg is already our token black guy so not much reason for John.

exactly, they wanna be diverse so 2 black people.

I want Guy but they will do either John or Kyle or I dare say Simon

What's that version?

I don't have it saved, but you know the strip where he complains about Batman's modern characterisation whilst proving he's never read a Batman comic in his life? It's that one.

Ah, yes. Of course I know.
He messed up, it should be yellow rings.

I'd be fine with Abin. The guy has, for the most part, just been relegated to a footnote in post-Alan Scott GL, so it'd be nice to see what they'd do with him

>yfw he crash lands on earth to escape being chased by darkseids troops

>
yfw they retcon him to being a martian

Fuck it why not

To be fair, I'd think putting Stewart in the film would be a choice made on the fact that he was the main Lantern in the Justice League cartoon, so they'd want to appeal to that

Honestly, this is the most likely answer. When the Green Lantern movie came out there were so many casuals saying "Isn't Green Lantern a black guy?"

Was the corps a mistake?

what a goddamn mess

Except it was mentioned as a separate faction apart from Steppenwolf. lol pic related is Sup Forums but with comics.

hopefullt it's Hal and he only shows up to die