>no scream

>what are filenames?

Also Scream is shit.

>Old People movies
>Probobly only likes them cuz they are mostly wh*te people in them

Nice one

reported for shitposting.

I plan on watching a bunch of those next month, nice list

You mean best 80's horror? That's all the list is. The best decade for horror wasn't the 80's, m8.

waxworks
maximum overdrive
lifeforce
night of the comics

if you haven't watched the blob remake yet, why are you even browsing this board?

>10. Halloween
Goddamn these kikes for making bad sequels.
>9. Phantom of the Opera
Another classic funded by Jews. Serious classic.
>8. Texas Chainsaw Massacre
This film reminds me of sitting in my desk chair on a hot summer night sweating profusely to the point where my testicles are nearly stuck to the chair.
>7. King Kong
Fuck you, it's horror.
>6. Psycho
Fuck you, it's not a thriller. "Thriller" isn't a real genre.
>5. Scream
This is the only time where Jamie Kennedy's life had any meaning.
>4. Dracula
You're a major fag if you don't like this movie.
>3. Dracula's Daughter
You're a major fag if you do like this movie.
>2. The Exorcist
This is the GOAT. No, you didn't laugh at this film. You were scared, you pussy.
>1. The Innocents
This is the real GOAT.

I love a good Lovecraftian horror movie

which Dracula?

I couldn't name a top 10, so I'll just list whatever favorites come to mind:

TCM 1 and 2
Halloween
Ft13th 2, 4
The Ninth Gate
The Thing

That one

Dead and Loving It

>no Alien

It's not even as goof as the original Blob movie
>Halloween
Overrated slasher. Never understood the appeal. The only good Halloween movie is Season of the Witch.
>Texas Chainsaw
Very good movie aside from the fact it's another slasher. Also not crazy how the constant screaming in the last half hour. Gave me a headache.
>King Kong
more like a tragic romance thriller
>Psycho
pretty good but not even one of Hitchcock's best films.
>Scream
trash. How do we reinvent the genre? Oh i know. Let's make fun of all the tropes while falling for them ourselves while being chased by a generic killer.
>Dracula
Whenever Dracula is in something, he should be portrayed as Lugosi. I'm sick of British Draculas. With that being said, I'd argue it's not the best Dracula film.
>Dracula's Daughter
why is this even here.
>The Exorcist
Not to shit on the film since it is pretty good, but it's such a generic choice when it comes to people's favorites.
>The Innocents
Good movie.

Overall your list is mediocre.
As if you don't know
Since when did Alien come out in the 80's?

>The only good Halloween movie is Season of the Witch.
The stonehenge shit makes a lot of sense to you, ye?
>It's another slasher
So is Halloween III, boyo.
>More like a tragic romance thriller
"Thriller"
>Trash
Yet you like Halloween III, which is like a rejected Tales from the Crypt episode.
>I'd argue it's not the best Dracula film
I'd argue no one cares what you think
>Why is this even here
Because I like it, you autist
>It's such a generic choice when it comes to people's favorites
It's almost like it's a good movie or something and people like it.
>Overall your list is mediocre
No one asked you.

1. "Rosemary's Baby".
2. "The Evil Dead".
3. "Ringu".
4. "The Green Elephant".
5. "The Blair Witch Project"
6. "The Tenant".
7. "Audition".
8. "Habit".
9. "Carrie".
10. "The Shining".

Honorable mentions (in alphabetical order):

"The Addiction"
"Akira"
"Alien"
"Cure"
"eXistenZ"
"The Fly"
"In the Realm of the Senses"
"Jacob's Ladder"
"Jaws"
"Lost Highway"
"The Night of the Hunter"
"Pink Flamingos"
"Psycho"
"Tetsuo, the Iron Man"
"Threads"
"Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me"
"The Vanishing" (1988)

>The Ninth Gate
That's a great one.

>being this salty over opinions

he gave an opinion of my opinion.

I was hoping you got banned for spamming.

>Halloween III
>Slasher
nigga you're retarded.

>Rosemary's Baby
>The Tenant
but no Repulsion?
>Akira
Does this even count as horror?
>Pink Flamingos
Okay this really isn't horror.

Halloween III was that one without Michael Myers right? The kids put on the masks and their faces turn to bugs.

>The kids put on the masks and their faces turn to bugs.
Which means it's not a slasher.

>halloween movie
>not a slasher

have sex, hit the weights and get a clue

>I've never seen Halloween 3 but i'll pretend to know what i'm talking about and no one will notice

>Ft13th 2, 4
They're all terrible films

OP here. Got some more.

No shit faggot, I was just confirming what it was.

>replying to a post that's over an hour old
ye i'm sure he's still around.

I got more

I'm just popping in to say you fucks better watch Carnival of Souls before you die.

Did you make these?

This poster always makes me laugh, instead of the sixth main character it has Usher. Great movie, though, really fun.
For vidya fans this film was basically used as the concept for Obscure, the 'druggie' character looks almost the same, even.

The Phantom Carriage
Cabinet of Dr Caligary
Haxan
Nosferatu
A page of Madness
Vampyr
The Golem
Phantom of the Opera
The Fall of the House of Usher
The Fall of the House of Usher (other one)

Suspiria is one of my favorites, not just even in the horror genre but overall

I second this
Yes, why?

wheres the 80s one?

>The Phantom Carriage
Good if you're into silent movies which i'm noticing is most of these films. Some really innovative film techniques.
>Cabinet of Dr Caligary
Caligari*. Probably the best and most important horror film of the silent era.
>Haxan
Never really cared for this. Found it to be boring.
>Nosferatu
I'm assuming you are referring to just the original film which is great and all but I would also recommend the superior 1979 arthouse remake directed by Werner Herzog, and starring Klaus Kinski. It's probably the greatest Dracula film ever created.
>A page of Madness
Very good. Also quite short.
>Vampyr
Incredibly underrated gem.
>The Golem
Crap in all honesty.
>Phantom of the Opera
We all know it. It's a must see for any horror fan.
>The Fall of the House of Usher
>The Fall of the House of Usher (other one)
There are three versions to my knowledge. The only one worth seeing is the Vincent Price version in my opinion. Anything with Vincent Price in it is automatically good. The original short is okay though.

It's the first picture of the thread obviously.

I mean... 90s heh

I'm not proud of my 90's one. It's pretty good but as we all know, the 90's didn't have as many great horror films compared to the decades prior to it. I kind of cheated and added some of my favorite kids Halloween TV movies just to fill in some spaces, and also because when am I ever going to use them for anything else?

Just cause damn you know your shit

Nice quads

Also I hadn't heard of Phantasm two weeks ago and I feel like I keep seeing it now, can't wait to watch it soon

What about Scream?

Not him, but I think scream is great, it is like a slasher parody played completely straight, which, ironically, turned into a slasher series and rejuvenated interest in the genre. I think people forget that it was supposed to be funny.
Do you continue to the 2000's? In three years you can do a 10's!

>Phantasm two weeks ago and I feel like I keep seeing it now, can't wait to watch it soon
Phantasm is pretty common in the horror community. It's a cool film but it can be a little difficult to understand sometimes and the acting is pretty shitty. The sequels are pretty shit but the original is a good watch. I don'w see how you recently heard about it unless you're relatively new to horror.
>What about Scream?
I don't like Scream so it didn't get added. I find it odd that I didn't add it anyway since I had added other films I was never too fond of in these collages. It doesn't matter since I will end up making a new one sometime soon anyway
>Do you continue to the 2000's? In three years you can do a 10's!
I have not seen enough 00's horror movies to feel comfortable enough to make one, but i'm sure one day it will happen. I'll probably never do 2010's though since this past decade has been pretty horrible for horror films. Unless there will be at least 20 great horror movies in the next 3 years, it may not happen.

I wouldn't say I'm new to horror, I've seen most of the classics but I've only been looking into horror specifically as its own thing within the last couple weeks

Here's everything I've given 9/10 or higher to.

I lost my virginity after watching the Ninth Gate. In hindsight it was a pretty fucking bizarre time. But she was Polish, so maybe Polanski put her in the mood.

Thanks for the good shit, OP. This'll keep me busy for a while.

Lost Boys isn't really horror, but a comfy 80s movie to watch in October.

>no In The Mouth Of Madness

Son of Frankenstein is prob my favorite of that bunch, which is by far my favorite Lugosi role. Haven't seen Svengali or The Ghoul, though. How did you see The Cat Creeps?

Is there a website you used to make the pic?

Favorites are Invasion of the Body Snatchers, The Dead of Night and The Curse/Night of the Demon. Haven't seen IM Returns, but no interest. The Curse of F. has been on my watchlist for too long.

It seems you were reaching on this one, as I wouldn't recommend a bunch on there, but you are missing some classics like The Bad Seed and Diabolique. Also highly recommend The Lodger (1944) and The Incredible Shrinking Man (1957)

The Incredible Shrinking Man is Kino

>Invasion of the Body Snatchers
What about the 70's version starring Donald Sutherland?
>The Fly
Why not also the 50's version which is actually a more tragic and suspenseful film.
I got more but not for decades.
To be fair it's not really a good movie and I hadn't seen the movie until after I made that.
>How did you see The Cat Creeps?
I don't know how that got in there. I must have gotten it confused with all the other "cat" horror movies. I would make the excuse that it's the 40's version but it's in with all the 30's movies.
ipiccy. pretty basic stuff honestly.

Faves: Psycho, Village/Damned
Need to see: Kill Baby, Kill
Recs: Wait Until Dark (1967), Blind Beast (1969), Spider Baby or, The Maddest Story Ever Told (1967), Burn, Witch, Burn (1962)

Faves: The Exorcist, The Wicker Man (2/3 of my top 3 right there)
Haven't seen: Madhouse (but no desire)
Don't recognize: lower left
Recs: The Shout (1978), Shogun's Sadism (1976), Sugar Hill (1974)

>Haven't seen IM Returns, but no interest.
Vincent Price is the interest. Plus it's superior to the original in some ways.
>It seems you were reaching on this one
About 5 were meh I thought.. I was not particularly fond of those decades and feel they were the laziest decades for horror films at some points. Granted they still had some great movies.
>The Bad Seed
Decent movie. It could have easily replaced one of the ones I've chosen
>Diabolique
The only one I'm ashamed I didn't add.
>The Lodger
have no seen.
>Incredible Shrinking Man
This had crossed my mind but I ended up considering it to be more of a science fiction film.

Faves: Jacob's Ladder, Cemetery Man, E III, BW
N/S; Halloweentown
Recs: The Frighteners (1996), The Cure (1997), Ravenous (1999), Ghostwatch (1992 TV Movie)

Mind you, that list was only my 9/10s and above.
>What about the 70's version starring Donald Sutherland?
Love it, 8/10, and it was the first one I saw, but the OG is the superior film, IMO.
>Why not also the 50's version which is actually a more tragic and suspenseful film.
Tragic yes, suspenseful maybe, superior film? Not to me.

>The Frighteners
This movie is somewhat fun but I find it incredibly disappointing since Peter Jackson had made some of the greatest practical effect films you'd ever seen and then Frighteners came along with a bunch of really garbage CGI. Left a bad taste in my mouth.

>Vincent Price is the interest.
As a pretty big horror fan, I can barely tolerate him in most movies.
>have no seen
Do so, then you'll want to see more Laird Cregar, and be sad his career was so brief.

Favs: Fright Night (1985), Nosferatu the Vampyre
Need to see: My Best Friend Is a Vampire (thanks for that!)
Recs: Let the Right One In (2008), Bloodsucking Bastards (2015), Frostbitten (2006)

Favs: Shaun, Dead Alive
Recs: I Am a Hero (2015), [Rec] (2007), Dead Set (2008 TV Miniseries)

>My Best Friend Is a Vampire
Damn all my sources don't have it. Lemmie guess, it's on CG? Gotta get my account re-activated...

>I can barely tolerate him in most movies.
How dare you.

>CGI. Left a bad taste in my mouth.
I understand, but there is just so much else to like about it... It's darker than it has any right to be, too.

I know. I also prefer the Snyder to Romero Dawn. :O

Rewatched scream.very bad. Rewatched Blairwitch, classic.

The old one had better effects. Not sure if "the stuff" was before the blob, but that was good tbqh

>the stuff
was better than either Blob movie.

Blair Witch is only good for the scenes in the beginning where they're gathering shit together and going to convenience stores. The look of it was very nostalgic. The rest of the film is literally an hour and a half of 3 people arguing nonstop. You don't ever even see anything, It's honestly pretty crappy.
Blob remake came after The Stuff.

That's right. Get it out. Think those are my two big ones.

>using king Kong
>not using dead alive

Fookn normie!

Basket case is the best horror series

>Basket case is the best horror series
Comedy Horror you mean.

No real order but
Bride of Frankenstein (1935)
Curse of Frankenstein (1957)
The Mummy (1958)
The Haunting (1963)
Frankenstein Conquers the World (1965)
The Devil Rides Out (1968)
Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978)
The Shining (1980)
An American Werewolf in London (1981)
The Thing (1983)

Honorable mentions:
Last Man on Earth
Curse of the Werewolf
Die Monster Die
Rosemary's Baby
Goke, body snatched from hell
The Exorcist
Halloween
70s Nosferatu
Evil Dead 2
Sleepy Hollow

>Halloween
>Phantom of the Opera
>Texas Chainsaw Massacre
>King Kong
>Dracula
Which ones?

>Frankenstein Conquers the World
w..why?
>Last Man on Earth
Still the best version of the "I am Legend" story which really isn't saying too much. It also inspired how the zombies were portrayed in Night of the Living Dead so the film has major significance.
>Goke, body snatched from hell
How good is this?
>70s Nosferatu
Even if you rape babies, you'd be okay in my book.
>Evil Dead 2
Okay I take back what I said. Why do I constantly see people post this without even mentioning the far superior original non slapstick film.
>oh but muh one liners
fuck that.

You 'see' the witch in the description that the lady gives, in the beginning. She said it was hairy like a dog all over, and floated or something. Your suppose to imagine that out there I guess, kind of like a book

Favs: Dead Alive, Shaun, (I don't consider Fright Night much of a comedy, although it is my #2 vampire film)
Recs: Deathgasm (2015), Housebound (2014), Grabbers (2012), 100 Bloody Acres (2012)

I can answer for him since it's pretty obvious what he's referring to. I'm almost convinced you're baiting but I'll bite
>Halloween
original obviously. Although I think it's overrated as fuck.
>Phantom of the Opera
The iconic silent version obviously
>Texas Chainsaw Massacre
The original is the only great version. Idk what else you expected.
>King Kong
Take a wild guess.
>Dracula
Obviously the 1931 Bela Lugosi one. You know.. The one that is parodied in all the cartoons you've seen.

>comedy horror
I guess, but I guess hellraiser for horror/horror even though it's a bit normie tier.

I really liked the prophecy,Can't think of what genre that is.

The Devils rock is really good, I think that's uber modern tho, it's on YouTube btw

Jacob's Ladder sucked dick.

>You 'see' the witch in the description that the lady gives, in the beginning. She said it was hairy like a dog all over, and floated or something. Your suppose to imagine that out there I guess, kind of like a book
That's incredibly cheap just like the movie.

>hard mode
Only use movies with YouTube links.

>Recs: Deathgasm (2015), Housebound (2014), Grabbers (2012), 100 Bloody Acres (2012)

>All post 2000's films in a pre-2000's thread

Not really. You'd be surprised how many horror films are public domain, especially the older ones. Regardless, a lot of horror movies end up on youtube for some reason. Seems like youtube doesn't care about deleting them unless it has "Forrest Gump" in the title.

I know those are probably the ones he meant, but you never know. Agreed about Halloween. 7/10.

I-It was meant to look cheap tho.

Ah crap, took the date filter off after I was done with decades. Oh well, these are less awesome, but still good:
The Stuff (1985), Out of the Dark (1995), Spooky Encounters (1980), House (1985), Ebola Syndrome (1996)

>meant to look cheap tho.
or because they had no money.

House is underrated. I think it gets overlooked because most people are more familiar with the 1977 Japanese masterpiece House/Hausu