YOUNG ANIMALS FEBRUARY SOLICITATIONS

Posting the just released YA solicits and standard covers. Sauce; multiversitycomics.com/previews/young-animal-february-2017/

DOOM PATROL #6
>Written by GERARD WAY
>Art and cover by NICK DERINGTON
>Backup story art by SHAWN CRYSTAL
>Variant cover by SAMPLERMAN

>Our first arc concludes! The Doom Patrol is back together, and their mission to take out the Vectra brings them in contact with another old friend. Secrets will be uncovered, blows will be struck and, whether they win or lose, Casey Brinke’s existence will be altered forever. And yours just might be, too!
>On sale FEBRUARY 22 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • MATURE READERS

CAVE CARSON HAS A CYBERNETIC EYE #5
>Written by JON RIVERA
>Art and cover by MICHAEL AVON OEMING
>Backup story and art by TOM SCIOLI
>Variant cover by MITCH GERADS

>After agreeing to help defeat the mysterious being known as the Whisperer, Cave imbibes “Night Pudding” (a concoction reserved for only the strongest warriors and the truly metal) with King P’Thrall, while Chloe experiences the local scene with a group of subterranean teenagers. What could possibly go wrong? And if something did go wrong, it’s all good—because Cave knows some big league heroes who are just a phone call away, so… Plus: a new “Super Powers” tale by Tom Scioli!
>On sale FEBRUARY 15 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • MATURE READERS

Interesting that Way has dropped as co-writer

SHADE, THE CHANGING GIRL #5
>Written by CECIL CASTELLUCCI
>Art by MARLEY ZARCONE
>Backup story art by CHYNNA CLUGSTON FLORES
>Cover by BECKY CLOONAN
>Variant cover by JENNY FRISON

>Which is more powerful? These new human emotions or the madness that brought Shade to Earth? Balancing both is difficult, as the divide between where she is now and where she comes from grows deeper. It’s all about duality as the future and the past are racing to catch up with Shade. She sees strange visions of a possible tomorrow while Megan, the girl whose body she stole, is racing across galaxies to take her life back. Plus, an all-new backup feature: Shade’s favorite TV show, Life With Honey, comes to comics!
>On sale FEBRUARY 1 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • MATURE READERS

MOTHER PANIC #4
>Written by JODY HOUSER
>Art by SHAWN CRYSTAL
>Cover by TOMMY LEE EDWARDS
>Variant by SHAWN CRYSTAL

>Mother Panic isn’t the only one hunting for revenge in the streets of Gotham City. The terrifying Pretty is after the next name on Violet Paige’s hit list. But is he a friend or foe—and how is he connected to the mysterious Gather House that made Violet who she is?
>On sale FEBRUARY 22 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • MATURE READERS

Note that Shawn Crystal takes over on art for a bit (followed by JP Leon). Not mad on Crystal's stuff, think he apes Murphy too much, and poorly at that

At this point Im more intersted when theyre getting new series/creators.

SUPERMAN SOLICITATIONS WHEN

I've been enjoying this considerably less than DP and Shade, and if that's down to Rivera's writing I'll probably drop it. Mother Panic too.
That said: Doom Patrol is looking great.

But Crystal's stuff is nothing like Murphys art, you sure you're not confusing artists?

Why do all of Way's new characters look fucking dull.

WEIRDEST. TEAM. IN. COMICS.

I feel like I'm the only who enjoyed the first issue of Mother Panic on Sup Forums and is genuinely intrigued about where it is going...

I was prepared to be dissatisfied with it, but I'm somewhat interested. I'll give it a few issues, but I'm not adding it to my pull list just yet.

I did appreciate the "Fuck the Bat" line.

I'll keep buying this for as long as Scioli is in this.

Shade has been pretty much perfect so far

I really liked it too user. Excited to see where our cunt of a protagonist goes and does.

>>Art by SHAWN CRYSTAL
BLUNDER OF THE CENTURY

Not only does this guy's art just suck, but the style is also totally different from Edwards.

is this teasing a Supes appearance?

They've mentioned him in both issues so far.

Wild Dog is going to die, isn't he?

He's too cool to live.

I like that she basically looks like a Kamen Rider

I like how this one barely explains what is about to happen in it

I liked the first issue too. It's definitely more conventional than the other YA books, but it looks like it might provide a kind of Batbook that the mainline DCU isn't currently doing, grounded in the crime genre.

The first two issues of Shade were fantastic - some of the best new comics I've read this year. Can't wait to see where it's going.

The Shade sales for October were concerning, though - it didn't debut as high as Doom Patrol or even Cave Carson, and with standard attrition I wonder where it'll be when the first arc finishes. If DC evaluate the books the same way they do Vertigo ones, it'll hopefully be given more room. I think Lucifer is the current highest-selling Vertigo title, and its sales are now well under 10000 a month.

Cave is worth it just for the back ups.

WILD DOG MOTHERFUCKER