Why was DC so anal about creating live action TV versions of Batman and Superman?

Why was DC so anal about creating live action TV versions of Batman and Superman?

And what changed their minds about Supes?

Because they're do desperate to have a movie universe like Marvel, and they foolishly believe having tv versions will confuse people.

Johns getting a role in live action helped

You're really underestimating how stupid people can be if you don't think having a different version on TV and in movies would confuse some people.

The question is just how many people are that stupid, and how much would it actually affect box office sales and reviews.

>And what changed their minds about Supes?

it didn't changed. they just let supergirl stand alone for first season (with a guest by flash)

Warner Brothers genuinely thinks people will go "huh? I thought Ben Affleck was Batman!" and that will somehow affect sales. Look up the "Bat-embargo" some time.
Warner Brothers does not understand the concept of IP cross-promotion.

Supergirl was a flop but it couldn't be cancelled with one season only or it'd be a PR disaster so WB/DC brought Supes as a desperate attempt to get new viewers but the show was still awful so after he left, ratings continue to be fucking awful.

>Why was DC so anal about creating live action TV versions of Batman and Superman?

I don't think DC Comics has a major say in those things.

People have asked me if Batman will be in the next Avengers movie.

People are dumb.

Because of BvS ni particular and the extended cut universe in general.
>We don't want people thinking these are the film versions
>Oh shit they hate the film versions! We have nothing to lose now!

That's why Gotham hsn't had Bruce show up as Batman yet. People still just barely liked the BvS version.

It all started with the DCAU, and how they didn't want to confuse people. It's why Batman was never in Teen Titans and shit.

>Why was DC so anal about creating live action TV versions of Batman and Superman?

what do you mean, Smallville ran for 10 years

The character is considered box office poison now, so it doesn't matter if they use him in a show. It's why you'll never see batman appear.

It's not just that but Fox has the live-action rights to Batman, sort of.

Batman's TV rights are owned by Fox. They could technically make a Batman show if they wanted to, but they decided to do Gotham.

Is that the Supergirl Superman?

He gives us the kryptonian hope

heh, anal

I bet you're the fucker that laughs at every Michael bay transformers movies.

Most people are not that dumb.

That's not really dumb so much as it is uninformed. Maybe they're just out of the loop

If that ass is not an ideal to strive towards, I don't know what is.

Fucking high heels will never not make me laugh.

Is that ass fake?

>Everyone is ignoring these posts that answer their question

Yeah I don't know why people think they changed their minds when the producers of Supergirl have outright said the decision to not have Clark as a major character first season was a creative decision on their own part and that WB has given them everything they asked for.

It wasn't a flop at all. It was expensive and CBS passed on renewing it for that reason because they have cheaper options that equate to more money. But it wasn't a flop. It's a matter of investment vs return.

>"Why is Green Lantern a white guy now?"

Fox can use Batman if they want actually. Gotham's showrunner has made comments that seem to imply that he doesn't particularly care for superheroes or think they have a place on TV. That's why Gotham has Bruce as a kid and not as Batman.

Yeah, people seem to easily forget that we've had multiple long lasting tv adaptations of Supes.

I'm sure part of why they decided to approve a Supergirl show instead of another Superman one was a desire to not completely tread over the same water again.

At this point they'd probably rather do something new anyway.

It was a flop. Anything will get decent ratings on CBS compared to CW as some are quick to point out. Fans wanted to save it to the CW and passed on renewing it not only because of its expense but because it wasn't getting the ratings.

That's because everyone got used to JL, JL:U, and Static with John Stewart.

Warner Bros. thinks so. Just look at the Bat-Embargo.

I think a better question is why did they have embargos on characters being used across multiple media? It became incredibly obvious when Justice League and The Batman were running at the same time and was ultimately pointless since Batman was still in both shows. It led to stupid decisions like murdering the suicide squad before they got to do anything on Arrow to prepare for the movie. The idea that it was to stop casual fans from being confused is baffling since I'm sure casual fans were mad that they'll never get a chance to see their precious Harley in a live action tv show.

>That's why Gotham hsn't had Bruce show up as Batman yet
And, y'know, he's like twelve.

Since Barry fucked everything on flashpoint they could bring Suicide Squad back on arrow technically as a slight retcon.