The great debate

The great debate

>le reddit scientists

*BUUUURRPP*

not a debate

Futurama was written by a guy that actually has a physics degree from harvard and a masters in CS. There are some math jokes thrown out there from time to time. Anyway, rick and morty just has repeated gags that get old fast. Futurama is way more imaginative.

Not very great at all, Farnsworth is far superior. A Brooks-like parody of a ubiquitous archetype versus a subversion that only uses his profession as a vehicle for standard cynical mid-life crisis humor.

I'm pretty sure Futurama invented a new formula in that one episode where they all changed bodies.

wasnt that sg1

Bad news everybody. The wrong show died

futurama was reddit before reddit existed

Yeah, one of the other writers has a phd in math.

Nah it was futurama.
Funny it was invented for a single episode and then never touched again.

futurama was sometimes reddit but pre-cancellation it had a ton of great episodes. the atlantis one where fry hitches a mermaid, the big pile of garbage, the brain invasion, the farnsworth paradox, the devils hands, godfellas, etc.

googled it,sg1 did it first apparently

>rick's outfit is lifted directly from farnsworth's
nice. new ammo to use against reddit and memey fans.

not an argument.

>Good News, fellow Redditors!

Was there a single Farnsworth centered episode that was bad?

Not a comment

YAPADIPBABPAP MORTY, ITS MY NEW CATCHPHARE

Does Rick keep using "wub-lub-dub" shit or is it just a one-off. I'm halfway through the first season.

I think he says it 2 or 3 times in the first season

>rick & morty vs redditrama

come on op

It's explained in and limited to season 1

>GOOD NEWS FRY GOD IS REAL

I like R&M more than Futurama though. I feel like Futurama was something people watched because there was nothing better.

I like both shows. Futurama is infinitely bettter in every capacity, though, like who in the flying fuck believes Rick and Morty has anywhere near the same level of wit and heart as Futurama.

There was plenty of shit to watch in the 14 years Futurama was on tv

Not sure if it's because I grew up watching Futurama but the characters had a lot more heart and even when the series did serious episodes it did them with enough tact to not be fucking overly sappy but enough to pull some strings.

See: Fry's dog episode, the werewolf car episode, the 7 leaf clover episode

He did it in one episode intentionally as a retarded catch phrase for a one-off joke as the punchline to a series of attempted nonsensicle one liners. One other retarded one liner was "And that's the wayYYyYy the news goes." Then he did it a few more times and had the joke turn itself on its head when it was explained wub-a-lub-a-dub-dub meant I am in great pain.

Now it's just a retarded one-liner that's done unironically.

Ironic.

>rick is entertaining
>the other one is just some old fart

tough choice

Farnsworth is a better comedic character.

Rick is fine but has the same problems the show does. Too much drama, everything is a bit ad hoc

Rick is a genius and pretty on the ball and Farmswoth is senile and used mostly for comic relief

Farnsworth was a likeable character with actual depth.

Farnsworth

>le "good news everyone" catchphrase absent-minded reddit professor vs. /ourguy/

Not an argument

ofc rick cuz he aggressive and fastest

Jee whiz, I wonder where they got the idea.

Well that's sad

It doesn't help that alot of R&M's serious moments have little to no buildup. What you think may be just a one-off episode takes a sharp left turn and tries to build character background in the last 2-5 minutes. Episodes in particular that I'm thinking of is the one with Rick's hivemind girlfriend, Interdimensional Cable 1, and the one where the timeline gets messed up because of Morty and Summer's uncertainty or whatever.

Proper buildup is important otherwise it feel fucking weird and out of place. I think the most recent episode is a step in the right direction because it has tension and drama throughout hinting at a new over-arching plot and villain.

I love both shows, however I wished they focused more on lovecratian elements. Though I will say the cthulu in the r&m opening is pretty epic

> Some kind of gamma-powered mechanical monster, with freeway on-ramps for arms, and a heart as black as coal!

I hope you get bone cancer.

Yup and it wasn't even "invented" for either of those things. It is just a proof.

I like ricky ticky tacky the most.

jesus christ

Finlonger epsode set the bar for Rick and Morty shenanigans

He was the best character

Rick is actually just Bender as a scientist though.

Anyone can 'invent a formula'

tv = reddit
do u like my formula xD

>Because he uses REAL math it makes him so much funnier!
Spoken like a true redditor

I actually like this. I can go into any thread, see a lovecraft post, and be caught off guard.
Like 'woah the lovecraft guy is in here lol!'
Keep doing what you're doing man!
B)

Try and come up with something that Rick's invented that can top this.
Pro-tip: You can't.

R&M's problem is that it sucks Rick's dick too much.

>Based ass great great great (+27) nephew always inventing world-changing machines and giving good news
>A drunk redditfag who just found out what Nihilism is and wont shut the fuck up about it. While actively making the lives of his family and friends awful
Where's the debate?

this. i can sympathize with rick 100x more than i can sympathize with farnsworth, and that alone makes him a better character

>smartest guy in the universe
>not even in the smartest guy in new new york
hrmmm

reading comprehension

He's more interesting than bender

>smartest man in the universe can't even invent a forwards time machine

Are you retarded?

Rick is basically the god of science and the entire show is a reaction to him. This is kind of fine as a comedy (with occasional drama) vehicle but it's not really ideal

Don't you mean backwards? Am I the only one who actually watched the show here?

Because you think you're the smartest person on Earth and pretend it gives you license to treat everyone around you like shit?

It's a scify show.

>is basically the god of _____ and the entire show is a reaction to him
Isn't this the exact definition of a Mary Sue character?

That's exactly why Farnsworth is better. He's a flawed, rounded character. Literally having a smartest guy in universe person in your comedy is bad idea

It should be called Mary sue and reddit.

No, a forwards time machine. Bender, the Professor and Fry go forwards in time to until the last proton decays.

based

I guess you haven't watched the show.

I can't swallow this pill.

Good news its a suppository.

I'm pretty sure time lines are mentioned with the portal gun and all the dimensions. Plus Rick has a box labeled time travel stuff in his garage.

TIL these are two different characters.

thanks Sup Forums

Farnsworth
no question about it

Beth

Please futurama is absolute kino ... stop comparing a legendary show with the fad of the moment.

i don't get it. described their characters and i said rick was better based on his description.

where's your reading comprehension?

Farnsworth feels more like a real person. Rick feels more like a cartoon.

Really made me think

Which one is reddit? I don't know anymore.

Futurama was the best cartoon parody of modern day life ever.

The future setting just worked perfectly.

luck of the fryrish is better than every rick and morty episode combined desu

This is why futurama is so much better. It doesn't take itself too seriously. Plebbit and Morty are all about how le epic Rick is.

Everything is reddit, user.

Wrong character you idiot. Bender was the Rick of his day

If Futurama became like Rick + Morty, you would all claim that Futurama has gone to shit just like South Park and The Simpsons.

They're both among the most imaginative things on television that we've witnessed, but I guarantee you this thread is about people shitting on one or the other.

If it's about Rick vs Farnsworth, gotta define the terms a bit better

I remember a newer episode where he started racing the spaceship with young people that wasn't great

I actually really get a kick out of this. You have one fan at least user

It should not even be a question. Reddit is so up its own ass that they think Rick and Morty should be put up there with a show that has more than two good seasons. Rick and Morty is already a pile of shit on its third season.

The current season is in no way a pile of shit.

>There are people in this thread calling Futurama r*ddit and defending Rick and Morty
Fuck this gay board

t. reddit

N-NO! YOU'RE R-REDDIT!

Cant be more right with those Quads
This one along with the social media one reeks like a bad episode from the old season that they reuse because they really have no better ideas.
I Still say the Late Philip J Fry still redeens the new season

it's embarrassing desu

Personally I just don't give a shit about any of the Rick and Morty characters, so I can't get emotionally attached to them, so all their sentimental shit is completely lost on me. They're just props for fart jokes and alien scrotum monsters.