South Park: White People Renovating Houses

Are Matt and Trey even trying anymore? This episode was among the worst episodes, especially as a season debut.

I won't bother bringing up the political message of the show beyond just pointing out the obvious. Attacking the "alt-right" is reaching for the lowest hanging fruit possible. Every unfunny hack cracks one alt-right joke or two in their shitty "comedy" routines.

The subplot between Cartman and Heidi was handled horribly. Even conceding that their relationship wasn't going to last given that Cartman's paranoid went into overdrive the last season doesn't excuse the heinously terrible and unfunny dialogue. Fuck it, there were so many possibilities they could've gone in, but no, they just had to hit the reset button and put things back to where they were.

What's far more egregious is the "comedy" itself. Randy used to a great side character before being flanderized to hell around season 13, and this episode was no exception. I cringe in every scene he's in and actually wish him extreme physical pain. Seeing him drive a nail through his dick would've been funnier than 99% of the jokes here.

The Alexa jokes were driven straight into the ground within the first two minutes.

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/search?q=house renovation shows&oq=house renovation shows&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i65j69i61j0j69i60l2.3511j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
youtube.com/watch?v=QmbmLi_xO8M&t=29s
hgtv.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Broadway Bro Down was literally the last good episode of South Park

Even completely ignoring the story and jokes, the sound mixing and editing was appallingly bad.

Nah, "Sponsored Content" was.

Not to me.

They say a picture is worth a thousand words. SP has gone full libcuck.

Sup Forums btfo

kill yourself that episode was terrible

all good things come to an end, i can't be mad at them. They're just too old tbqh, and trey said that, He said you're only going to be able to hit the sweet spot in your twenties when youre eager and can relate to your audience. Im not that bothered, 19 seasons of good stuff to still rewatch desu

titus pullo has fallen on hard times

>getting triggered because you and your little gay club are in the south park crosshairs
Put a bag over your head and choke yourself faggot.

the real election was far more interesting than what South Park could even come up with

Someone's butthurt they're makign fun of you Alt-Right guys huh

i think the episode is okay

Maybe you watched it too long and now have enough of it

the episode about memes was far worse

>tfw no gf like Heidi

>le Sup Forums boogeyman

Holy shit, you're worse than Sup Forumstards are at their worst. Discuss the substance of the episode or get the fuck out. It's so obvious you're reaching whenever you try to blame Sup Forums.

>dummies waving confederate flags make whitey look bad
>saturation of real estate tv shows
>alexa and ok google jokes
>cartman plot that takes ages, goes literally nowhere and just serves to tie up loose end

Still felt as lazy as last season. They seem to be writing jokes/themes instead of episodes and putting the absolute minimum effort in. I hope they stop after they've fulfilled whatever contract they're locked into because they clearly don't give a fuck anymore

Israeli here, I didn't get this joke. What's the punchline to them being white people renovating a house? is it like a stereotype in the US that whites renovate houses or something?

American identity politics often confuses me

Matt and Trey have completely drank the sjw koolaid. There's no joke other than to make white people look lame. White people renovate housesXXDXD

i am confused as well. I dont get why the rednecks rioted because of Alexa

>I dont get why the rednecks rioted because of Alexa
In previous episodes those rednecks lost their shit because of mexicans taking their jobs. With automation becoming a thing in factories, driving, cashiers, etc.. many low income americans are losing their jobs to bots. This episode made fun of those people.

ah ok thanks

It's because of the saturation of all those home improvement / renovation shows that cover not just residential homes, but businesses as well. Shit like Property Brothers, Flip Flop, Bar Rescue, Holmes on Homes, et cetera.

I dislike it when they do topical pop culture like this because it fails to account for those who don't give a damn about it. Shit like "Biggest Douche in the Universe" is timeless because it's not about John Edward's show, but rather his profession as a "psychic." The show can be cancelled and the message would still stay relevant over a decade after the episode has aired.

The cartman plot was the worst thing about this worst debut ever

They explained why anons are buttblasted, retard. If the person making criticisms has alternative motives, that would be relevant to the significance of the episode, retard.

What do you care as long as you get free houses built in Israel with American tax money?

the connection between Alexa and industrial automation was rather poor. Its like they had ideas for 2 episodes and then crammed it together

> There's no joke other than to make white people look lame

If that is your intepretation of south park, or matt and trey, you have a lot bigger problems than the pain you get from southpark. Although the additional whining does make for a great cherry on top their comedy!

Haw man! Wow! Wtf???

>smug, terse, dismissive replies
>explanation

The burden of proof is in you to explain how this episode's entirely peripheral "commentary" on the alt-right is remotely funny or even an accurate encapsulation of their political movement. If you ask me, the alt-right wasn't even the target here aside from some obvious nods to their movement. The focal point of the episode is the right-wing populism's concern about automation is ultimately pointless. This is particularly rich because, just a couple seasons ago, they took shots at gentrification which affects a given community's poorest residents. In South Park's case, it's all the poor white trash, especially the McCormick family.

ok now i get what the creators wanted to say but this episode still could have been better

The episode about Facebook was great

Are there new Southpark episodes?

i swear to god if they actually manage to make the populus affiliate criticism of transhumanism with the alt-right in a guilt-by-association-way i´m going an hero

ye its pretty shit tho

Hey hey ! It's a SETTLEMENT, shitlord!

Trey had plenty of time to write this episode and it still felt rushed. Blue collar workers being threatened by technology is a good premise. But they did nothing with it. Home improvement shows is also a dated reference. Nobody cares about Cartman's relationship woes. We just want to see him return to being a racist asshole.

i piss on arabs for fun and fap to trump sucking our dicks, ahmed

This whole episode was just so crap and lazily put together. The Alexa/lost muh jerb thing just doesn't have any punch. Pop at reality renovation shows was dull. Cartman was boring. Randy was half-whacky exposition guy like in last season where he revealed some shit thing about star wars or whatever.

pretty much this.

For a look at automation it was pretty fucking poor. Rednecks being butthurt about imaginary jobs lost to alexa voice functions and waving confederate flags to cool down soup. The future immigrant episode pisses all over this

if Alexa really replaced the functions of humans this would have been clearer for the audience

>In the new Southpark videogame, changing the difficulty changes the color of your skin!

There's a trend in recent years of reality tv shows about renovating and flipping houses. There's a shitload of them and some are really retarded and have gay couples renovating houses and shit.

google.com/search?q=house renovation shows&oq=house renovation shows&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i65j69i61j0j69i60l2.3511j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

or if at least there were plans to do it

that's actually funny and typical South Park

I haven't watched in a while, did that story line get resolved?

i dont get why Randy gets in conflict with the Rednecks because of the name

We'd probably find this funny without problem if we were in 2010 and it didn't end up in 20 articles dissecting the politics of it, most from Salon/Jezebelesque bait factories

Rednecks protesting and waving confederate flag around makes white people look bad. 'white people' is their brand as 'white people renovating houses' team

The bit between Heidi and Cartman is based on one of Trey Parker's ex girlfriends.

I know because I dated that woman's daughter and did the same thing

I couldn't even finish it.
I decided to start bojack instead.
Its okay, not as good as rock and morty.
And i haré the cats face.
>nb4 reddit

ah ok. A really piss poor connection

Libs think buying property low and improving it then selling high is racist because poorfags cant afford the new rent or property taxes

This is why any attempt to parody it comes off as desperate.

We had an election where bill Clinton's rape victims were reveled to be in the crowd like some sort of gameshow. We also had the "you'd be in jail" line. A line so funny and not PC that it btfo of Hillary who couldn't think of a response. We also had literal Nazis and Communists fighting in the streets.

We will never see anything like it again.

This.

Matt and Trey should go on hiatus before doing another South Park episode. Whenever they're working on another project (in this case, "Fractured, but Whole"), they don't have the creativity to keep up with the show.

what are you triggered or something? fucking kys

do yourself a favor and stop watching this shitty show. watch only actually humorous content for a month or so, and then go back and look at an episode of south park. I guarantee you will not laugh once, and in fact you will feel slightly embarrassed you ever found that shit funny.

seriously, this is some of the best advice you will ever receive, take heed of it

I think we're all at the point in our lives that the real world is far more entertaining than the world of entertainment could ever be.

Politics is now self-parodic.

and of course the wiki leaks, Clintons health, the "pizzagate"

They don't even look like they fuck. Look at how far apart they are.

pretty much

which funny shows can you recommend?

>literally christmas with the wife's son

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>not watching TRUE comedy
youtube.com/watch?v=QmbmLi_xO8M&t=29s

>in fact you will feel slightly embarrassed you ever found that shit funny.
That's unfair. Between seasons 1 - 10, South Park was at its peak. I still think episodes like "Rainforest Shmainforest" are hilarious decades after they aired, and each episode's commentary holds up. Even the bad episodes weren't half as terrible as anything produced after those seasons. "Not Without My Anus" and "Great Expectations (Pip)" look quaint in comparison to horrendous shit like "Eat, Pray, Queef", "Funnybot" or "Royal Pudding".

After proving they can successfully weave in dramatic narratives, there's no excuse for this half-assed debut.

i think the Facebook episode is great. It exaggerates but it still has a true core (the obession having face book friends)

I also liked the moment when Heidi trhew her phone into the river (it first looked like she would had jumped)

South Park always had good and bad episodes

The last truly funny episode was the cock magic one a few seasons back

The best thing to me was the polls saying like "Hillary is 99.999% guaranteed to win"
And then watching the reaction. I know Sup Forums is annoying but watching the liberals lose their shit was the best feeling. They've dominated the narrative for so long, it was a relief to see they had lost control.

I noticed that too. The music was way too loud in the mix. The music also seemed really stale, like they've been reusing it for years now and I finally noticed it last episode.

Or Casabonita. Trey said he wanted to focus on the boys being boys but thats the last one i remember being so focused and fun

Whole thing is just cartman being an asshole to butters because he wants mexican food. Comfy episode.

>watch only actually humorous content

such as?

pretty much. everyone was so confident that she would win. That was hilarious when everyone lost their minds. It was like a South Park episode

She is still butthurt and blames everyone except herself for the humiliating defeat

Didn't even know South Park started airing new episodes again. Had to google to clarify. Are people starting to not give a shit about the show anymore? They should have stopped giving a shit long ago, but I'm glad it seems like the buzz around it has died down.

Say what you like about Randy but he is perfect for episodes like that one

amen

>All those degenerate piercings

hgtv.com/
I don't see how this is a hard parody to get.
It's literally all my mother watches.

Sounds to me someone is buthurt he doesn't have a nice open concept house.

It's refreshing to see that trust in mainstream media is now at an all-time low. Calling in all those shills (excuse me, "experts") really paid off for Hillary's campaign, didn't it?

For years, everyone blamed Fox News for having a monopoly on egregiously biased coverage, but in the past five years, virtually all mainstream media institutions self-immolated spectacularly. The Trayvon Martin case definitely caused some mistrust, and it only increased when they tried the same shit with Michael Brown.

See
I couldn't give less of a fuck about some lame home improvement reality show. It was less parody and more just zany cultural references for its own sake.

I was the biggest south park apologist, but I never even finished watching last year's season. The PS4 vs Xbone trilogy was probably the last time I legitimately enjoyed the show.

The joke is that republicans are retards who are literally incapable of getting references to things.

Are they still doing seasons with arcs, because that is when the show started going downhill.

>literally a building with a glass ceiling

you cannot make this shit up

You know America is in trouble when they have to actually specify that it's 'white people' doing something

>Attacking the "alt-right" is reaching for the lowest hanging fruit possible. Every unfunny hack cracks one alt-right joke or two in their shitty "comedy" routines.
Why does the alt-right constantly defend free speech and criticises taking offense to things but then fall silent when speech they agree with is censored and takes offense whenever someone makes fun of them?

>still watching southpark
There is no point in watching that crap anymore.

Yeah PC principal punched Leslie through the head and killed her because she was an ad.

Nobody actually wants free speech. They just want speech that agrees with them. Otherwise they're just bullshitting you.

They screwed up last season and they know it, now they have to write themselves out of an entire season worth of bullshit and they probably still dont know how. Maybe theyll figure it out somewhere along this season.

Because the alt right are the same as SJWs

:thinking:

>getting triggered

so south park is still the same

>Because the alt right are the same as SJWs
Except they're not.

Yes, both sides claim to support free speech for personal gain, but they're not remotely equivalent.

>Saying your jokes suck means you don't want free speech
lol

>unironically watching SP post 2006

lmao

>SJWS
>WANTING FREE SPEECH

L M A O
M
A
O

>Whenever they're working on another project
Nigga they made some of their best episodes while making team America, baseketball, the South park movie