I miss hm

I miss hm

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wFi6rd54i-Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Isn't Venom a member of Osbourne's Private Mercenary group which also has Sandman?

So do I
It's funny how all these young fucks obsess over how good Carnage Man was (which, it was in all fairness) but diss Venom despite the fact that his face turn was practically the precursor to what Carnage Man was

Exactly. And I moss the original eddie brock venom. That original bond with him and the symbiote trumps all other venoms to follow.

where my lethal protector gone?

> That original bond with him and the symbiote trumps all other venoms to follow.

It certainly does. It was a great character defining thing and a great concept, what is not interesting about a forever alone guy who has worse luck than Parker luck bonding to a living costume and both are each others only friends and companions? only to be dropped for the most cliche ideas ever

Yeah Venom was a great bad guy, it was like villain from a horror movie but for Spidey.

When I was a kid, I used to read my comics out loud sometimes, and my voice for Venom in this comic was remarkably similar to Mark Twain's Satan, even though I didn't see it until I was older.

That's funny

Im with you guys
lethal protector was criminally underused and dumped

That's pretty much how they went about it in Spectacular Spider-man

youtube.com/watch?v=wFi6rd54i-Q

eh, I still like Flash better

Probably because you're 20 years old

Eddie was the man. Just the right amount of creepy went into the symbiot relationship too. They were both codependent as fuck and totally unhealthy for each other but at the same time they bonded and eventually belonged together. Flash was a good idea to pair up with the symbiot but the symbiots personality only exsited because eddie books spent years defining it.
Then fucking bendis happend.

Nobody will ever draw Venom as well as Bagley did back in the 90s

Bendis needs to die

>That original bond with him and the symbiote trumps all other venoms to follow.

That deep and personal bond that lets the symbiote drop Brock like a hot potato whenever Peter goes TAKE ME BACK BABY I STILL LOVE YOU LOL JUST KIDDING SONIC DISRUPTOR

Somebody doesn't read comics

I like Agent Venom and honestly wish it would become the definitive Venom, but FUCK what Bendis did to the symbiote. What Venom needed was a a proper talk and character development while keeping its personality, not resetting its character and turning it into a fucking moralfag.

Right now Eddie is going out with Toxin, and since Pat is dead I guess I'm fine with them remaining together, but I wish Anti-Venom had stuck around.

>I like Agent Venom and honestly wish it would become the definitive Venom
Shh, you'll trigger OP.

I haven't followed Spider Man in a long time, but this thread brought back a wave of nostalgia for one of my favorite characters. What exactly did Bendis do to him?

Made him exposit things real slow and also adopt a black refugee orphan.

WAT

Just a guess based on his past works.

BENDIS IS LOVE BENDIS IS LIFE

I miss him saying "Bunky" and "Hoo-Hah".

>muh eddie
kys eddiefags, flash is objectively superior venom

Bendis didn't really do much with Brock.

-Brock gave the Venom symbiote up "for adoption" at an auction in Millar's Marvel Knights Spider-man and some rich mob kid bought it.

-Brock went on to work in a soup kitchen for Mr. Negative, a new spider-man villain that used his Negativity powers to channel the bits of symbiote left in Brock's bloodstream. This turned Brock into Anti-Venom, giving him a symbiote with no weaknesses and the power to heal any disease.

-This made Brock a little crazier than he already was and made him think he was a savior that existed to heal everyone. During the Spider-Island event he was forced to give up the symbiote so they could cure everyone in New York of the "turning people to spiders" disease.

-Brock then decided to go symbiote hunting when he learned that Flash Thompson, now a US soldier that lost his legs in the middle east, was given Venom to advance US interests in black-ops missions.

-This led to Brock being captured by bad guys and given a new symbiote, Toxin, which was Carnage's kid. Shenanigans happened, and now Brock is Toxin.

Meanwhile the Symbiotes themselves had their backstory retconned to be guardians of the universe and Venom just had a personality problem. That's probably the source of the Bendis hate because I believe he wrote that story.

im actually meeting bagley at nj comic expo today getting my comics signed

For a while Flash has been the Venom host, first working for the military using chemicals to sedate the symbiote and later as an Avenger and a Thunderbolt. At some point he dropped the chemicals and started to get along better with Venom, and then he was ordered by Captain Hydra to join the Guardians of the Galaxy.

Now here comes the Bendis.

At some point, the symviote went berserk for no reason, possessed Drax and kicked everyone's ass, taking control of the ship and taking it to its home planet while they were unconcious.

In there, he is "cleansed" from impurities by the symbiote - now called Klyntar - hivemind. Turns out the Klyntar were actually heroic forces of good all this time, and all the stories about the where the result of lies and SPACE RACISM, and all Klyntars are gud bois and just need funding for their progams etc etc. So Venom gets its mind wiped out of all its trauma and memories (including the Eddie and Peter memories) and only retains the memories of its very first host, some random alien genocide that got him fucked up and addicted to flipping the fuck out and murdering people.

Flash is shit, contrived, and convoluted
>muh soldier story
Punisher
>muh cripple with the help of a suit story
Iron Man
>muh Parker's rival story
There are too many to count on one hand
>muh edgy Spider story
Kaine, Miguel, VENOM
>muh guy with guns
Punisher, Deadpool

Brock was an original character, Flash was a contrived concept that borrows from a million cliches that did it better, you millenial shitstain

>This led to Brock being captured by bad guys and given a new symbiote, Toxin, which was Carnage's kid. Shenanigans happened, and now Brock is Toxin.

He's literally hunting Cthulhu now with Carnage holding the Necronomicon (Oops, Darkhold)

>only retains the memories of its very first host, some random alien genocide that got him fucked up and addicted to flipping the fuck out and murdering people.
I actually liked the theory someone had where Peter WAS Venom's first host, but the memories were corrupted and so they just think all that pent up anger and rage comes from some alien warlord.

>Miguel
>Edgy

What?

He's been kinda brutal to the ones responsible for his waifu's wounds, but that's it really. Peter's been there too.

Yeah I know. Didn't see relevant to the overall story arc though.

Miguel did some stuff in his first series too.

There's nothing convoluted about Flash's story. He's probably the only character in Spider-man's entire goddamn line-up that has a character arc while everyone else has reset. Flash has gone from bully, to friend, to teacher, to soldier, and now super hero. Plus having venom tied into Flash's own personal issues of substance abuse.

I should have taken a timelapse of my expression falling as I read this shit. Especially that last bit. What the fuck, Bendis?

It's all a masterplan so the perfectly good and just Venom and join with it's TRUE host, the one and only TRUE Spider-Man, Miles Morales.

kys

Bendis doesn't seem to understand character depth any more, so rather than having an evil alien species that uses their hosts for personal gain we just have fucking Space Knights.

Though I did like venom's space knight design.

>shitting on Kaine
You've crossed the line, pal

>Meanwhile the Symbiotes themselves had their backstory retconned to be guardians of the universe and Venom just had a personality problem. That's probably the source of the Bendis hate because I believe he wrote that story.

What a fucking stupid change.