Attending a wedding:

attending a wedding:

>buy $100 wedding gift
>rent $150 tuxedo
>rent $200 hotel room
>spend $100 in gas

that's $550 down the drain to lose a full weekend dealing with normies in relationships. how do i avoid these?

Don't have friends

Why would I want them?

Tell them no.

Not go. I was supposed to go to 3 weddings this summer but just stayed home.

"dude I'm poor as shit"

Buck up boyo

>normies in relationships

try /r9k/

Don't forget the wedding gift you fucking savage

too late. got a bunch of friends back when i was a kid.

or if you have pride, make up a decent excuse

Oh shit I can't read

Get a cheaper gift and skip the hotel room

>rent a tuxedo
>to attend a wedding

hit the will not attend in the rsvp

ez

i already told one of my good friends/former roommate that i couldn't go because of work. he lives about 4 hours away and just didn't want to deal with it. felt pretty bad telling him i couldn't go, which was pretty much total BS.

i'm a groomsman

If I have to spend money to go to a wedding, there is no gift

>renting ta tuxedo

Just fucking buy one you poor faggot

not poor, just fell for the SS + GOMAD meme and constantly changing sizes

only go if its siblings, parents or your best friend.

You don't need a tux unless your part of the wedding. A $100 gift is worth it for all the food I eat and booze I'm drinking. Hot chicks partying. Your doin weddings wrong

Just dont go. Only fags and women give into peer pressure

Come up with some excuse.

Decline the invitation, you cheap motherfucking dumbass

A tuxedo is occasional. Makes more sense to rent one than buy one.

Don't forget the money you have to put in a card for them.

Buy a cheaper, more thoughtful gift instead.
Sleep at an airbnb. Seriously, fuck hotels.
Get a tux at a thrift/consignment shop.

>Shill post interracial couple

>Pol/ falls for it.
Hey fools sage this degenerate

came to say this fags

Your on Sup Forums so you're off to good start

real friends get married at city hall for 50$

How I did it:

>Tell family and friends we're eloping to NYC to pay 50$ U.S. instead of 300$ CDN at home.
>"Anyone who can make it, come. We're going to this restaurant".
>Collective wail of the damned from families: "MUH 50,000 WEDDING!" "MUH GUESTS OF HONOUR" "MUH FAMILY TRADITIONS"
>Tell them to shut up. None of them are paying for this.
>Spend 3 weeks visiting gun ranges, eating apple pie, sight seeing, sailing, hiking through New England and New York for under 1500$

That 50,000$ plus wedding your friends and acquaintainces splurged on? That crazy party no one really remembers the day after because of the hangover? Yeah, those people aren't together anymore because they're idiots who mortgaged themselves to the hilt for one Special Day instead putting it to practical use like buying a home to, y'know, start their family on the right foot.

If you find a girl and she wants the big wedding, dump her. If you spend more than 100$ to sign a a business contract, you're a fool. If you're an invited to a wedding, be a true friend and save them approx 400$ for every person who doesn't show up.

Spotted the CTR shill. Just look at the conceited effort in this post.

Even starts off with a civil union and has zero concept of tradition.

just dont go?

Only reason to go to a wedding is to get your dick wet with all the 30-somethings that arent married and are right in the middle of hitting the wall

Yup, the wife and I went to Vegas. Less than 3 grand when it was all said and done. Already known multiple people that have already divorced and we're still ticking. It's nuts how much people spend, a used car on a ring, house down payment on the wedding. It definitely starts them off on the wrong foot.

>No church marriage
Faggot.

Nothing more degenerate than begging for money to pay for a drug-infused orgy.

Go on, agree to the Caterer's offer for an open bar. You don't want to be seen as cheap, do you? You don't want to be rude to your guests, do you? Be a good goy. Pay the caterer's fee for luke warm chicken breasts and over-cooked roast beef. Go on, it's only a 50% markup because you mentioned it was a wedding....

>Not regifting
>Not already owning a suit.
>Not shelling out $10 for an uber

What a great friend you are

Weddings are great, I never buy a wedding gift and I have my own Tux.

Free boos and moist pussy.

I love weddings.

Drug infused orgy? You mean homo meth binges?

No wonder you favor civil unions for all

this.

my fiance was a bit disappointed when i told her $2000 was the absolute limit, including the dress.

but she didn't fight back because it's quite clear that i make lions share of the money and i've done a good job taking care of her.

>how avoid

Release $5 canister of VX
Never be invited again

Just don't go. Serves them right for expecting you to shell out your time and money for their amusement.

are weddings a thing still? i thought most people eaither don't marry or they do but just for legal benefits.

Op is a nigger.

>not talking your bro out of cucking himself
Disgraceful

fake illness :) the polite way to decline anything since the beginning of mankind.

>$550 for a fun weekend

I don't even have a worthwhile career and I earn more than that a week. What the fuck are you complaining about?

Let me guess, you're a "NEET life duuude fuck normies AMIRITE?? Fucking wageslaves I WAKE UP WHEN I WANT" Reddit bro, correct?

>weddings
>fun

>wedding receptions
>getting shitfaced with mates
>jealous single women
>free drinks
>not fun

I thought neckbeard shut-ins were a meme

She'll look back one day and resent you for this because she didn't have her "special day" like all the other women. She probably already feels really embarrassed when she gets asked about it.

If you avoid normies you don't get invited to things. You fucked up sometime earlier, and now you pay.
But of course you can always call in sick to avoid it.

WHY DID THAT GUY DO WHAT HE DID?

holy fuck OP you're a pathetic loser making pol look bad mods please delete this cheapo scumbags thread

desu I'm in the same situation. don't really want to go, and my wife doesn't want to go either (our private wedding was more than enough).

Just don't go. They'll understand if they're a true friend. If they don't understand, they aren't worth your time, anyway.

all of my friends cohabitate and think marriage is a scam, do you still live in the bible belt or something? they all have kids, live in a nice house, and generally enjoy life, and none of them are married.

off topic, but why the fuck does chrome think "cohabitate" is a misspelled word? google is really going downhill lately.