It deserved at least 3 to 4

Brutus is such a qt in this show

>MARCUS
>ANTONIUS
>MARCI
>FILIUS
>MARCI
>NEPOS

ALL MOCKERY OF JEWS AND THEIR ONE GOD WILL BE KEPT TO AN APPRRRROPRRRRRIATE MINIMUM

HOWARD
PHILLIPS
LOVECRAFT

>SEE-ZAR
>not Key-zar
Dropped

SHITPOSTERS
MUST SPEND
ONE HOUR PER DAY
CLEANING THE BATHS
AS PER THE ORDER
OF THE EMPEROR
GAIUS
JULIUS
CAESAR

Fedora-tier opinion. The series is in English, and that is how Caesar is pronounced in English

can I choose exile instead?

TRUE BREAD
FOR TRUE ROMANS

He refuses to meet me!

They clearly ran out of ideas towards the end, and it'd have probably just focused on more oc donut steal shit

The ending itself was fucking terrible anyway.

no they had the greatest ideas like having pullo impale jesus christ on the cross

bad comment on this message board

no they had a long term plan but out HBO was gonna pull the plug early so they rewrote season 2 to wrap shit up. season 2 was basically 3 seasons all in one because they wanted to finish the main story

>Finall decide to watch rome because of all the shitposting on Sup Forums
>it's actually good
Why did I not watch it sooner ?

I thought it cost too much to make

>"When I was a young man, I defended the State. As an old man, I shall not abandon it. I give sincere thanks to Mark Antony, who has generously presented me with the most promising theme imaginable. I address you directly, Antony. Please listen as if you were sober and intelligent, and not a drink-sodden, sex-addled wreck.You are certainly not without accomplishments: it is a rare man who can boast of becoming a bankrupt before even coming of age. You have brought upon us war, pestilence and destruction. You are Rome's Helen of Troy. But then a woman's role has always suited you best."

Has there ever been a more Based Sup Forums verbal beatdown than this? He fucking eviscerated Antony

I really wish they made the prostitute that Octavian lost his virginity to a recurring character. She was really cool and top-tier waifu material

Now that the dust has settled, who was in the right here?

Based Anthony of course, he could do no wrong. Chads gonna chad

oh, and FUCK CARTHAGE

I've asked myself the same question.

>worships dogs and reptiles
>blackens his eyes with soot like a prostitute
>dances and plays the cymbals in vile nilotic rites

youre off by 2 generations of Catos and about a 100 years

>And you, mother?

why is it that Rome threads never seem to take off, but when someone comments on Rome in a non-Rome thread its basically a guarantee of a ton of (You)s? This show has a lot of fans on here but its threads never take off

>And Spain
>SPAIN?

I hated how they handled Julius and Brutus relationship on the show, it was a classic case of "tell, dont show" in the supposed closeness of their relationship

What the fuck is "true bread"?

we only have 2 seasons (one of which was kinda rushed) of material to work with

TRUE ROMAN BREAD
FOR TRUE ROMANS

I still don't get why t/v/ jacks off to this show. Rome is a low tier copycat of Game of Thrones, a lot of plot points (incest, betrayal, violence) were copied from GoT hell even they even used the same actors.

GoT is better in every aspect

>I still don't get why t/v/ jacks off to this show. Rome is a low tier copycat of Game of Thrones
Rome was made before GOT
>a lot of plot points (incest, betrayal, violence) were copied from GoT
You mean history?
>hell even they even used the same actors.
Literally only 3 were reused, and the show was on the same channel you dimwit, channels re-use actors all the time.

>he fell for the bait this hard

TRUE ROMAN BAIT
FOR TRUE ROMANS

>when your mother congratulates you because you think you've become a catamite to your uncle but then slaps you for fucking your sister so you develop a slap fetish which your wife uses to control you

they found out halfway thru season 2 it was getting canceled so they had to rush a bunch of shit and try to wrap things up

>"Upon hearing of the defeat, the Emperor Augustus, according to the Roman historian Suetonius in De vita Caesarum ("The Lives of the Caesars"), was so shaken that he stood butting his head against the walls of his palace, repeatedly shouting: "Quintili Vare, legiones redde!“ ('Quintilius Varus, give me back my legions!')"

What the fuck was this guy's problem? All the wars and family members and friends and enemies dying, and none of it affected him? But the loss of 3 legions in a German forest made him tear his clothes and bang his and not cut his hair for months?

cleopatra was fucking ugly on the show. one of the worst castings ever

it's not either of those you fucking brainlet.

>implying Sup Forums isn't full of 14 year old amerimutts who really think this to be true.

ruined his plans for conquest, he probably realized how difficult it would be to reestablish Roman presence in germania, let alone get the various tribes to submit to you after that kind of defeat. Maybe he saw the future of an unchecked germania and realize the growing threat

that would've been the dopest shit i can just imagine his gleaming proudest smile

this was a big deal as he lost three whole fucking legions to literal barbarians and was a sign that the glory of rome has ended and won't last much longer as a civilization.

I get that, but it wasnt such an irredeemable loss, romans had battles were they had more than 20 legions in the field, What happened in Teutoberg is basically equivalent to Vietnam. A demoralizing and political defeat, but hardly a destruction of the military, even minimal losses compared to some other engagements

But just like Vietnam, it was a huge blow to Roman confidence after their nearly undefeated streak of victories in its past 200 years. Must be the reason why Rome never crossed the Rhine after the defeat

Read Goldsworthy. Augustus (and Rome) didn't really feel that was a huge loss in the grand scheme of things, especially when compared to Cannae and Carrhae. There is no Germanic boogieman in Roman history. Rome had no plans to occupy Germania. And like the Parthians, when they did meet in battle, Rome usually crushed them and reestablished their borders.

>"even years later, Augustus was known to mutter "Quintilli Varus, legionnes redde"
>"The Battle of the Teutoburg Forest was keenly felt by Augustus, darkening his remaining years."

Apparently he also cut his clothes in mourning and didnt get a haricut for like a year after. I wouldnt say he didnt consider it a great loss

>KAI-OOS
>YOOLI-OOS
>KAI-SAR

HAVING REJECTED HIS LOVING GOD OCTAVIA, MARK ANTONY HAS COUPLED HIMSELF TO THE SORCERESS CLEOPATRA, PROMISING HER DOMINION OF ALL ROME

HE WORSHIPS DOGS AND REPTILES

HE DARKENS HIS EYES WITH SOOT, LIKE A PROSTITUTE

HE DANCES AND PLAYS THE CYMBALS IN VILE, NILOTIC RITES

Holy shit look at those fingers. How can someone have fingers so fat? You could feed half of Ethiopia's population with those fingers

depending on who you speak to, that's 15-33 thousand crack troops just flat out gone. that's a fucked situation.

>there will never be a reboot
>there will never be a long running series stretching from Romulus and Remus to the last Roman emperor

;~;

I've had the same reactions to Victoria 2

Your fault, game tells you what the amount of infamy you're generating by a specific war declaration is

>V2 is seven years old

I wonder if I should kill myself

>series from 753 BC to 1453 AD

Too ambitious

Get the fuck back to r/eddit youfag.

>implying infamy even matters when you got gas

TRUE ROMAN THREADS FOR TRUE ROMABOOS

>to 1453
>not 476
Nu-Romans please leave.

CAIVS
IVLIVS
CAESAR

IMP•C•IVLIVS•CAESAR•DIVVS

I didn't know they had McDonald's in Ancient Rome

>he doesn't know about high calorie true Roman bread

I sent my mom the blu ray Rome collection for her birthday and when I talked to her next she said that her favorite character was the fat announcer guy
/csb

>live in the biggest city in the world
>have a steady good paying job
>dine at your favourite taberna every day
>partecipate in weekly orgies

in other words
>be Roman
>get fat

I've never watched rome. I fucking hate these threads. Please stop posting them.

Just watched the series, this kid was much better than the autist they got to replace him.

Ancient sources make it patently clear that Cleopatra was not particularly good looking. She was in a line of 300 years of incest for heaven's sake. What people found attractive in her was her incredibly intelligence and powerful charisma. She was very learned due to her position and it made Roman generals, who came across like uncultured plebs by comparison, stunned by her. A powerful woman was pretty scary to some.

make me

no, seriously, go watch it, it's a very well made series

Post a better casting decision than Mark Antony in the history of the medium.

I'll wait.

I will not rise from this bed until i've fucked someone

fds

you are in the forum when this legionario slaps your puella, quid facere?

Throw my puella off the balcony.

Noone comes between me and my bro

Go and watch it, idiot. It's like Game of Thrones if it was competently cast, competently written, based on history and had stellar costume design.

Tell this drunken fool to get back in formation

>Neptune's Scourge

Scourge?

they had some beautiful helmets in this show

>ywn witness a roman triumph in your lifetime

Ave Roma forever :'(

and waifus

whorefu

>there will never be a long running series stretching from Romulus and Remus to the last Roman emperor
That's like 2000 years of history my dude

best to do a miniseries where each episode is self-contained focusing on one major figure from Roman history

>Romulus and Remus
>Tarquin
>Julius Caesar/Augustus
>Constantine
>Romulus Augustulus
>Constantine XI

You could do something cheesy at the end like have Constantine XI's forebears welcome him to the afterlife or something

>budget constraints and normie perception of history means we'd probably get Romulus and Constantine XI running around in Lorica Segmentata

>Constantine XI
top tier miniserie

And what about the Peloponnesian War ?

fucking hate the lorica segmentata meme

God I love Rome threads.

*Gods

My concern there would be that, with such little time to develop each figure as a character, it'd come across more like a History Channel special than what we found in Rome.

Rather, we could get a season, perhaps (provided the powers that be were gracious enough to allocate sufficient funds for multiple seasons) chronicling a specific period or event.
>Revolt against the Tarquins and the birth of the Republic
>Punic Wars
>Sulla's Civil Wars
>Caesar's campaign in Gaul
>Year of the Four Emperors
>Relative stability under the Nerva-Antonine emperors
>Division of the Empire
>Constantine the Great and toleration of the Christians
>Dissolution of the Western Empire

Granted, that's still probably far more than any studio would be willing to create, and no doubt horrifically expensive. Even still, I wonder if an episodic approach might be more approachable than a single, 2000+ year storyline.

They had 5 seasons planned.