Almost Nobody Watches Most Emmy-Nominated Shows, Survey Finds

>Nearly all of the series nominated for best drama or comedy at the upcoming 69th Primetime Emmy Awards have been watched by fewer than half of all potential viewers, according to a new survey from Katz Media Group. Nearly half are shows that 50% or more respondents had never heard of.

>A new survey, reported on by Variety, suggests that the average American couldn’t care less about the “Golden Age Of TV,” with most respondents answer that they’ve never even heard of Emmy-nominated shows like The Handmaid’s Tale, Master Of None, or Atlanta. These aren’t tv-free snobs or total luddites, either; of the 500 respondents questioned by Katz Media Group, 51 percent had active Netflix subscriptions.
variety.com/2017/tv/news/almost-nobody-watches-emmy-nominated-shows-1202559617/

Why haven't they cancelled Atlanta or Master of None yet?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5OfVHRpGrRc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

yeah no shit they pick shitty political sjw movies nobody cares about

I like BCS, Westworld, and Atlanta. Liked the original House of Cards and may watch the Netflix one some day. Refuse to watch Veep, Master of None, Stranger Things, Modern Family, Black-ish, or Handmaid's Tale. Silicon Valley and Kimmy Schmidt give me an uneasy feeling. Haven't heard of This Is Us or The Crown.

what's sjw or political about better call saul or half the things on that list?

>WHY ISN'T THE PROPAGANDA WORKING????
>hollywood goes full sjw
>diversity casting in everything
>record low year, profits collapse
>their most """acclaimed""" tv shows are watched by one man and his dog
how much longer do you think it takes before they figure out what's turning people away in droves?

is populism supposed to intersect with (at least the ideal) of discerning criticism or something?

>needing 7 different subscriptions to streaming services to watch this shit
Normies aren't going to do this

>Popularity

>Any indication of quality

Quality material can be popular, but doesn't require popularity

Emmys are decided by majority rule voting from peers, not critical analysis

I agree. I thought Sup Forums was against appealing to the lowest common denominator with stuff like marvel and other blockbusters? Most of Sup Forums's favorite movies have been seen by about two people.

>Modern Family - Total shit, not even worth watching unless you are desperately bored

>This is us - May watch its pilot episode to decide

>Black-ish - So, off putting won't even watch its trailer

>Stranger things - Will watch its pilot someday

>House of Cards - S1 - Awesome, S2 - Good, S3 - gets boring and boring S4 - Borest

>Better Call Saul - S1 - Left it midway out of boredom

>Veep - A bid fucking NOPE

>Westworld - So, you are telling me you have made a Park on Cowboys with super expensive Robots and a planning to make profit out of it? - THIS IS THE MOST STUPID IDEA EVER. Do you even Business 101?

>Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - It's nice to binge watch when you have nothing to watch, Kimmy is cute too

>Silicon Valley - Not a type of guy that gets off by watching other people work and becoming successful

>The Crown - I wanted to watch it, but then I didn't as it completely ignores Elizabeth's point of view on the recently independent colonies of her

>Atlanta - So off-putting would prefer shooting myself

>The Handmaid's Tale - Looks interesting

>Master of None - I am an Indian myself and this show is literally the worst American show I have ever seen. Seriously, funerals are more funny than this.

>The Handmaid's Tale - Looks interesting

You almost had me baitman

So what do you watch?
>Silicon Valley - Not a type of guy that gets off by watching other people work and becoming successful
Oh you're just baiting.

>golden age of TV
>The Handmaid’s Tale, Master Of None, or Atlanta

The golden age of television ended when mad men ended. Before, if you want to get technical, as mad men started shitting itself in the third or fourth season and was only truly great in the first season.

See, it will only get worse. Here's why
>Funded by Jews who have all the money in the world
>Cheap i.e. colored people who will even work for a piece of bread are casted thanks to muh diversity - hence low production cost
>Eventually all shows will be the same
>In an age where owning multiple huge TVs is a status symbol, so will eventually keep your TV turned off even though every TV shows offputs you, just to have some noise in your house and for the sake of using your expensive TV
>TV shows don't care whether you are watching the TV or not, as long as its not, and Ads are displayed they will earn huge.
>Reruns would be on all day everyday making sure you see this cancerous shit everytime of turn your tv on

I have only read the description, "Looks interesting" means I may watch its trailer.

Silicon Valley, Infatuation over Bill Gates and Steve Jobs is completely stupid made. No successful bussiness man will ever tell you how he became rich, stop idolizing successful people. Word hard instead of worshipping them.

Silicon Valley isn't a comedy, it's just shows you how to be a pathetic entrepreneur to keep the competition low. So, stupid people will follow the show's guidelines and will never make it big

>work hard

this is also not how you get rich. This is how you make others rich.

>people taking business advice from silicon valley

... negro its a comedy show centered around a bumbling startup that is basically a crash course in how to make every possible mistake.

b8

Anybody shitting on Atlanta honestly needs to get the fuck off this board, because they've clearly never watched it or they have garbage taste. Maybe I'm biased because I'm born and from the metro area
>inb4 lol u live with niggers u fukin cuck
Yes I do but the show is fantastic. Glover is a pretty good showrunner and writer, his acting and rapping skills are questionable but Atlanta is a straight up 9/10. Fucking plebs.

>So what do you watch?
Supernatural, Lucifer, GOT, Gotham, Stopped watching Flash as it became Barry was down right retard and it became like Walking Dead i.e. same plot line every season, Arrow has become kinda unbearable now. Fargo first season was Top Notch, most good shows have become shot, new shows are shit and the better ones like that Backstorm, Constantine - barely last a season

Work hard doesn't mean drilling yourself 9-5, it means concentrate on what you want and don't deviate yourself unless you achieve it. Stupid people go nuts like - We don't need degrees or education look at Bill Gates and Steve Jobs they dropped colleges and now are Billionaires. They don't see that they dropped Havard, qualifying for which is already an equivalent of being a fucking Bachelor.

>He doesn't know how good TV is at putting propaganda sub-consciously in mind
Nigger gay marriage would never have been legal if it wasn't for American TV for Aesthetically showing Gay Love

best part about atlanta is the guy who played L in that godawful death note adaptation. But its because hes a side character with no real storyline behind him and only pops up when he can do something funny/interesting.

The rest of the show is extremely hit and miss.

go suck a nigger dick you faggot.

Atlanta is great. I can't sit through Master of None because Aziz Ansari is just too shrill and annoying.

i literally have never talked to a single person that watches veep but it has a thousand seasons an emmies behind it

>stop idolizing successful people. Word hard instead of worshipping them.
Lol wut. What the fuck are you talking about? It's an entertaining show with interesting characters and developments.
>Silicon Valley isn't a comedy
What? Who cares? Who brought that up? What is the matter with you?

>Supernatural, Lucifer, GOT, Gotham
Oh okay you're just kind of a normal person.

>movies
>emmys

????

>golden age of tv
The author is a fucking troll.

He's definitely the best part but even the lower points with glover and his baby mama are still pretty good imo
Your mother is not my role model

>jews will keeping losing money for the bantz
you don't know jews. they honestly thought this sjw fad was the in thing.

It's their agenda, retard. They know it's not the "in thing", that's why they feel the need to make it the "in thing".

>Golden Age Of TV
>The Handmaid’s Tale, Master Of None, Atlanta

>mfw all these streaming providers flood the market and the TV industry goes under

>I thought Sup Forums was against appealing to the lowest common denominator with stuff like marvel and other blockbusters?

Sweetie, have you been living under a rock for the past year?

This.

Anything that hires someone like this isn't worthy of me wasting 30 minutes watching

youtube.com/watch?v=5OfVHRpGrRc

Modern Family, unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, black-ish, and this is us are all SJW wetdreams transcribed to television. Master of none was and is only made to market towards Muslim American experiences, silicon valley and Veep are just pot shot fart joke liberal spin fests.

It is truly a horrendous clusterfuck. The entire thing is basically political family guy with more fart jokes, more period/vagina jokes, and twice a cringy. It dumbfounds me how it even got a pilot.

>retard
Fuck yourself you passive aggressive cunt. The opportunity to make it the in thing is over. SJWish is receeding, people are sick of it and far leftism is being viewed as absolute cringe tier. They overplayed their hand.

A lecturing post where someone insults you with a slur, directly, is simply aggressive.

>reminder Young Pope got snubbed as fuck

Aggression is this
>fuck you user im going to bend you over and fuck you up the ass you little cunt you are a sad fucking faggot
Passive-aggression is this
>It's their agenda, retard. They know it's not the "in thing", that's why they feel the need to make it the "in thing"
There's no aggression there just a brainlet sixteen year old trying to look smart on the internet.

Lovecraftian tales such as The Young Pope ALWAYS get short shrift

>Supernatural, Lucifer, GOT, Gotham,
stupid fucking plebs like don't deserve an opinion on television. Stick to capeshit and videogames and stop crying about what your betters are watching.

>golden age of TV
>vast majority is still absolute trash
What a pathetic medium. I wish this place was only for movie/miniseries discussion desu

I finally got a response, after making 22 posts!

I watch it.

Here's another (You) bro.

>Veep
>pot shot fart joke liberal spin fest

More right than wrong.

I thought that too, but then I rewatched the first season and almost wanted to kill myself before the rich-white-guy episode ended. apparently it was so bad the first time I just blocked it out. Atlanta has some intense lows.

See me with them hands

yea, pretty much this. sad to think that anyone believes liberals can be racist