Someone explain Denny to me. I legitimately do not understand what Tommy was thinking when he wrote this character

Someone explain Denny to me. I legitimately do not understand what Tommy was thinking when he wrote this character.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dXlao2KNYjQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It was a metaphor for Wisseau's coming to america

so he was a creep thatl iked to watch his friends fucking?

the embodiment of Sup Forums as a whole
willing to see a white woman get fucked by a foreign man if only given a chance to watch in the same room

hes a cuck

he is a little bit retarded

100% true

He's an expression of Tommy's desire to have a son.

Tommy didn't understand that what he thought of as his innocent young self was actually a huge weirdo.

This.

OP is too retarded to understand this true Kino

Is Chris R the best character?

I DEWWW NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHT WAAAANT THIS LORII!!!!

Unironically some of the best acting in the film.

The Room is made up of cliches from stereotypically good movies; they're things Tommy saw in successful/acclaimed movies and randomly added into his without understanding what made them work. That includes drugs, breast cancer, love triangle, suicide, and everything else; pretty much nothing in The Room is original. I think it's kind of strange how everyone makes fun of the movie's tenancy to drop plot threads and not explain them, but what makes all of the funnier is the reasoning behind it: Tommy thought he could make a masterpiece by imitating pieces of good movies and cramming everything into The Room.

Denny is the troubled kid that needs mentoring, as seen in movies like Stand and Deliver, Dangerous Minds, and Dead Poets Society. Him being "a little bit retarded" was probably another weak attempt to introduced Oscar-bait into the movie. He's written awkwardly because Tommy Wiseau doesn't understand relationships. What he thought would show a close, playful relationship just came off as creepy.

youtube.com/watch?v=dXlao2KNYjQ

>Tommy will never be in or direct any of the new StarWars movies

Denny is character written only to make Johnny look like a good guy.

Mentors him
Protects him
Pays for his schooling
Pretty much his adopted son.

The actor, despite being the oldest guy on set. Is written like a child under ten. I think he's meant to be in his late teens in the film but its a bit fuzzy.

He has this childlike innocence, and mostly it applies to women. One of the major themes of this film is 'trust no-one, especially a woman'.

Denny is completely ignorant of the evil females that surround him. Their anger, Of sex (why people say him biting the apple is a metaphor). And ultimately that in the end, they will always betray you.

What are the chances of Tommy being a 100% unironic ayylmao with an obsessive interest in earth movies?

Lets take him to police!

>Denny buys drugs and gets into debt over it because he "needed some money to pay off some things"
Explain?

this is literally it, gregg says tommy said this specifically

he buys drugs from Chris R on credit to give to mark, who is actually an undercover police officer

It doesn't matter. He doesn't have them anymore.

He's American born

Im unironically looking forward to The Disaster Artist

He bought drugs to re-sell them at a markup.

>some of the best acting in the film.
He's the only actor that actually cared. The guy learned everything about method acting because Tommy wouldn't tell him what a small role he had.

Denny is supposed to be like a teenager but Tommy didn't know about age and was cheap so we got our Denny

Harsh
But true, I admit

in the script he was gay for johnny

>tfw no flying vampire car

sounds ahead of its time

>tommy might actually get his wish in the Best F(r)iends movie

Literally all I want from that movie