Should the never ending story movies be remade?

Should the never ending story movies be remade?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rCn7orvs0Ws
youtube.com/watch?v=Gf1WT8VEZxk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

dunno

The Childlike Empress would be black
Atreyu would call out Bastian for otherizing him.

>Should
That isn't the question at all.

They should finish the story first.

That would be cool since the movies lack a few scenes from the book that were pretty awesome.

It would be a cgi shitfest with negroes and queers

Fuck no, let them stay all '80s and pure.

atreyu was black in the second one

No
These movies feel like some fever dream I saw when I was younger
I have absolutely no interest in revisiting them

It should, but it won't. Lovecraftian tales like Never Ending Story just aren't what modern audiences want.

>called never ending story
>it actually ends

but i like fever dream movies

This. Fantasy films in the 80s look so amazing. Over-reliance on CGI has ruined film aesthetics.

I rewatched the first one last year for the first time in probably two decades. Really goes to shit when they stop following the book and try to wrap it up in a rush.

Also the answer to bullying is to bully harder apparently.

Yes, they should be one of the best film trilogies in film history. With practical effects and subtle CGI.

>Empress: "Call my name. Bastian, please! Save us!"
>Bastian: "All right! I'll do it! I'll save you! I will do what I dream!"
>Bastian: "CREAMPIE!"
Man, this movie is disgusting.

>tfw you remember this Bastian killed himself

no the first one still holds up well.

Regardless of whether they should be or not, they will be. 100% guaranteed.

The sequels were fucking horrible (especially the turd one).

If you've read the book, you'd know they could actually do a re-adaptation that would be worthwhile.

Also the best way to do the nothing, instead of black, is simply translucent or blank space if shooting on film. Something similar for digital.

Not all of them do. Some of them look terrible.

Neverending Story has some fantastic sets/cinematography though. Not all of the effects (and like most 80's films the mattes specifically) work, but some of the stuff still visually looks stunning.

Video related.

youtube.com/watch?v=rCn7orvs0Ws

Only modern film I've seen with this style is probably Where The Wild Things Are. There is a softness/low contrast plastic feeling to most other modern movies.

Also, can you imagine the EDM or Rap version of this?

youtube.com/watch?v=Gf1WT8VEZxk

That's so Kafkaesque

>lack a few scenes
more like half the book

Falcor in CGI? Big no.

Big no to this whole idea.

Let it sink in that swamp that killed that beautiful horse!

Nah, the second film is the second half of the book. The problem is just that the Void/Hollow is the new Nothing and not just the price you pay for having your wishes fulfilled in Fantasia. That way the message gets lost. Also the fantastic scene of the Childlike Empress meeting her antithesis, the Old Man of Wandering Mountain being relegated to the third movie without any of the ramifications is a crime.