Question: Is it at all possible to make a good Fantastic Four movie these days...

Question: Is it at all possible to make a good Fantastic Four movie these days? Everything we've seen so far tries to approach them like a regular superhero team, while, personally, I'd barely call them superheros. They are a family science team who just happen to have superpowers.

Also, all of them try to put Dr Doom in the very first movie, while, I believe, it is very hard to explin him to an average person. The simple fact that he is a master of both, science and magic, is already too wierd for a regular movie-goer to take in. The add "a benevolent European dictator for life" to a list and you completely lose them. Galactus might be easier to do, all things considred. And besides those two, would ay other villian look good on the movie screen?

Basically, as I said, my quesion is: is it possible to make a good FF film? How would you do it?

I feel like at this point, they just need to forego the origin story, and jump in with all the cards set on the table.
In the Baxter building which Reed has superfitted with science, Doom in Latveria scheming to rule the world with science and magic.
These movies just waste so much time nowadays.

The problem is that movie executive idiots think they know what "works" in a story and they force the Four to fit around their BASIC superhero film formula which not only cheapens it and makes it forgettable but it also greatly limits the possibilities of the narrative. Fantastic Four should be getting into some really mind-bending wacky cosmic adventures but instead they always wind up doing the same old "we gotta save the world" bullshit

Seriously... I'd rather see Psycho Man or Annihilus as an FF movie villain because they're a better "movie threat" without being too flanderized or oversimplified. Hell, Psycho Man's whole schtick makes him pretty well set up for one movie appearance and then no further mention, and he could be a viable public threat at that time. And Annihilus's motivation can be summed up as "Only I can live." Which makes him very easy to comprehend without worrying about getting subtleties and nuance right.

Further, the whole "trapped in the Negative Zone while Annihilus is fucking shit up in our world" storyline from John Byrne's run would actually be a pretty cool movie provided that time constraints are considered. Make that arc fit in a 2-2.5 hour film, and you're golden.

>Is it at all possible to make a good Fantastic Four movie these days?
Yes. Just make a PG-13 Rick and Morty live action movie without memes and 4 main characters.

Everything's there.

Just give rights to the Marvel already. They'll make god tier movie and FF will finally have their comic.

If the MCU had Doom they would probably have shoehorned him into Doctor Strange, pre-face burns.

meme

Make it an adventure movie, but with some super hero flavor.

Like, Raiders of the Lost arc, but with SCIENCE! instead of ARCHAEOLOGY!.

Heh. The only way I think a FF movie can work is if it is directed by some arty director and deals with issues like celebrity culture, media, internet trolls and other relevant topics, all through the lens of capeshit. Because the FF family was the most "visible" superhero group earlier on. Throw in NO VILLAIN as a subversion and show how the very fact that they have powers destroys their lives. Maybe even something like Sue Storm's cloud account hacked for the sake of relevance.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

>they're not Superheroes
They are the fucking template and foundation of all of Marvel, snd were called "the greatest fighting team in the World" for the first 20 odd years if their existence.
Read a comic, man.

Well, it's not 1960s anymore.

>benevolent
t. Doombot

No shit, sherlock. Last time I looked out the window McCarthy was still chasing little kids away, calling them "dirty commies" and such

>cast JLo as Sue (I know, I know, mistique)
>Have plot involve cloud hacking
>show how she's STRONK, INDEPENDENT WOMAN who's not shamed by her past
>additional scene of her beating up a Sup Forumstard
>SJWs buy tickets in droves, critics have no choice but give excellent reviews
>????
>PROFIT!!!

Mistake, JLaw instead of JLo

There already is a great fantastic four movie.

I don't know, I kind of want to see JLo in a skin tight super suit.

There's no appeal to the Fantastic Four. It's a bunch of silly powers and boring characters to most audiences. There's a reason they don't work on screen, and it isn't just because the movies suck.

Their thing was a group of heroes interacting with each other. That's already been eclipsed by the Avengers and, soon, the League. What, as a normie movie goer, do you have to gain from the F4 when the Guardians did it so much better?

Doom is the ONLY thing worthwhile that could be taken from it.

Personally I've always felt like they would benefit from a post war period film...at least for the first film.

Similar to Captain America the Four have an origin uniquely tied to the time period they were invented in. The war was over but the Cold War was lurking just ahead, Americans were infatuated with space travel and adventure.

Have Reed and Sue be part of the scientist extraction program in a decimated Berlin, looking for research and intelligence along with the other allies (including Russia). They see first hand evidence that the Nazi regime were far more advanced than their current countries...but also sinister hints that they were receiving help from an unearthly source. Reed and Sue are appalled but the Russians are curious.

Flash forward a few years, the Cold War has started. The Four are assembled when Reed suspects the Soviets are following the path of Hitler's scientists, he's made progress all his own but his hubris has grown as well. They proceed with an experimental test without US govt. approval and they crash headlong into a concurrent Soviet test.

It's revealed the Soviets had made contact with Annihilus and were being fed powerful energies/technologies in exchange for a gateway to Earth. The arcane energies from the negative zone mix with Reed's future science and the Four are made Fantastic.

Annihilus is released into our reality and the four are our only line of defense. It seems hopeless as the four are initially defeated but Sue discovers that Annihilus is slowly weakening in our reality. The climax has the four triumphant in sending Annihilus back through the tear in space...but they realize the only way the tear can be closed is from the other side. Ends on a cliffhanger as the Four plunge into the NegTive Zone.

2nd movie is trippy mind-bending adventure through the Negative Zone. Ends with them successfully returning to our reality...but time has passed much quicker and they find themselves in the year 2018 (or whatever year).

Its not a matter of concepts. Concepts mean nothing. In a story execution is everything. Any good writing would make a good FF movie. The problem is every FF movie we've had had shitty writers, directors, and studio interference. They're the best comic book ever made. Its possible.

The miercoles and mark waid's run, while they're good as alternate universes, ruined everyone's perception of the FF and now everyone's obsessed with the family thing. So so sad.

duck you, man. i want to see superscience and traveling through space and alternate dimensions. fantastic four has a lot to work with, but hollywood doesn't want to create a science adventure film when they can just throw capes together and make them fight,

>duck you, man.
Goddamn phone posters.

Why even make Fant4stic if nobody liked the first two.

Sure. There's nothing about the FF that makes them inherently hard to adapt. It's just that Hollywood sucks.

To keep the rights away from Marvel who would make even more millions off of it.

I would like to see silver surfer: Requiem as a movie

When was the last time you saw those things in a good movie let alone a cape one?

FF as a brand is dead movie wise. What it needs is for them to pop up in other movies and make people want to see a full movie. Similar to how avengers made people want more Hulk.

They should have it take place in the 60's. Also Sue should wear her 90s outfit

SS:R works in comics because he's been in comics for decades up to that point, and is a great character.
He has one terrible film about him, in which he is the subtitle.

your a idiot

Uh, what the fuck? This is a GREAT idea

holy balls my nigger. you've done it. in this tiny post on Sup Forums that no one will see, while some out of touch executive bangs an underaged teen and lights up cigars with crumpled notes from her ass. what have you done with your life?

>Generic "FF was always bad" complaint

Sad