DUDE NOT EVEN THINLY VEILED RELIGIOUS ALLEGORY LMAO

DUDE NOT EVEN THINLY VEILED RELIGIOUS ALLEGORY LMAO

What was her fucking problem? Her husband just wanted to have some company and she goes nuts over it.

I bet she's not even paying for the house yet she acts like it belongs entirely to her.

Is the tits scene good.

Why would it need to be veiled at all? Is there something illegitimate about religious allegory? It wasn't supposed to be veiled, it was explicitly so.

Exactly this. You can tell the same story countless different ways. The reason this one works is because of the creativity and directorial finesse behind it.

DUDE IMMA SHOW MY MEDIOCRE TITS EVEN THOUGH EVERYONE HAS SEEN THEM ALREADY LMAO

Yep. This story wasn't interesting because it's a biblical allegory. It's interesting because it's a biblical allegory retold as an abusive relationship, with God as a narcissist.

>discouraging actresses showing tits
the absolute state of Sup Forums

Shut the fuck up Darren, ripping off Rosemary's Baby and adding lazy thrown symbolism doesn't make you the next David Lynch

You might not like her but they're pretty great tits tbqh. Absolutely well above average.

She gets the shit beat out of her and gets called a fucking cunt and whore as you see her tits.

It was fucking awesome. Gave me stiffy.

>Absolutely well above average.

Get some taste. You clearly have not seen enough tits.

How was the baby scene?

It's just internet critic rules, ignore them.

Wrong. Her nipples are fucking bullshit.

If there's one thing completely blueball-inducing, it's a nice firm pair of tits with shit-tier nipples that are so barely there you can't even suck on them

I am dumb can someone explain to me the allegory in this film and do you recommend it?

Any butt?

This movie might be the most virulent normie repellent of the decade. Most of my theater walked out during the third act.

Don't see much, but a girl started crying in the theatre

Fairly tame visually, but it gets the message across. For normies (in particular women), it would be pretty brutal.

also gave me a stiffy.

Nope. Would have liked more ass.

Honestly, I was expecting more fucking in this film. I felt it lacked that aspect.

Seriously? I had a fucker behind me that just laughing. It was great.

>read up what this flick is about

>Jennifer Lawrence plays a women called 'mother' and has a husband called 'Him' a man comes to their door called 'Man'

First part: it's an allegory about the abuse Mother Nature (Jennifer Lawrence's character) experiences at the hands of humanity and it interprets the Judeo-Christian God (Javier Bardem's character) as an oblivious narcissist who puts his own adoration above his wife. Stuff like Adam and Eve, Cain and Abel, and the birth and death of Jesus Christ are vaguely alluded to in the narrative by symbols.

Second part: no. But I'm glad that I saw it in spite of not liking it.

There were apparently a pair of kids in my audience, but I couldn't tell because they didn't make any noise. I'm sure this movie fucked them up, though.

ok thanks, but i think i'll pass on this one then

When I walked out, an old lady was yelling at people in line telling them not to see Mother! because it sucked.

Some old man walked out after the eating scene.

For some reason old people are flocking to this movie and getting mindfucked.

That's because the Judeo-Christian Divinity is a false depiction of The Ruler of This Realm.

I love jlaw and I LOVE this KINO

My entire theater stuck through it all. I was amazed.

No idea why the fuck this is getting a wide release though.

Just a tedious awful mishmash of styles and no substance. I am a fan of all the main actors in this movie but it just goes nowhere for two hours. From a slow deliberate pace, to cacophony with amateurish hand held camera close ups and lots of unintentional humor. Probably the worst movie I have seen in about 10 years.

>no substance
Do you even pay attention

>goes nowhere
lol

>slow deliberate pace
It inspires anxiety and dread

>amateurish close ups
Heightens the tension and increases the level of claustrophobia

>unintentional humor
It was intentional

You sound like a pleb who just got DARREN'D

It's not even religious allegory though. They've explicitly stated that it's an allegory for climate change...

Pi is the only good movie this hack ever made. It's so good, I wonder if maybe he had nothing to do with it

I think it's obviously about both.

On Day One, God created the heavens and Mother Earth.

On Day Six, God created mankind, who have disrespected and desecrated the earth. But God is forgiving.

>My entire theater stuck through it all. I was amazed.
you sound like your needlessly looking or butthurt. most people dont care about things.

I think it would be a stretch to call it biblical allegory. Certainly there are judeo-christian references, but they are used more as a framing device to establish the climate change allegory. It seemed to me that the biblical references were there mostly to remove any subtleties about the climate change allegory and ensure that pseudo-intellectuals wouldn't have to think to hard to understand, so I just took the biblicisms as a hamfisted way to ensure that there would be no doubt that the film symbolizes western effects/attitudes in regards to climate change.

I thought it was a redpill about open-door immigration policy.

The hardworking dutiful proletariat (Lawrence) and the intelligentsia/government (Bardem). Their country (the house) is an idyllic sanctum where they work in unison, and their shared efforts result in transcendental works of art/culture.

The filthy outsiders want a cut though. The first aren't too bad (the old guy is a doctor lel) but they bring with them degeneracy and violence. Lawrence can see that the outsiders are no good but Bardem has his head so far up his own ass and is blinded by compassion and narcissism.

The baby represents the future which the outsiders want to share in, but the outsiders don't understand how to nurture and provide an environment for it to thrive. They all want a piece so they destroy it and eat it.

In the end the proletariat rise up and try to fight but are overcome by sheer numbers, so they set fire to it and let it burn.

Nope, Aronofsky has already confirmed that it's about the evil white man destroying the planet with global warming.

JLaws tits on suicide watch

Thanks for the analysis reddit.

>ESHPARAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>tons of spittle

BvS has a better-disguised allegory than this. A more pertinent message, too.

>Stacy, to her Stacy friends after the movie: Who's idea was it to see this?

They take the baby and crowd surf him while she chases trying to get him back, and by the time she catches up to him he's just a tiny rib cage and some intestines on an alter while everyone around it is eating indistinguishable red bits of him.

> that face
> "acting"

he never said anything about white people.

lol honkeys triggered by literally everything

>vaguely alluded to
absolutely nothing vague about it at all
adam turns up, god takes a rib, eve turns up the next day, she smashes the crystal aka forbidden fruit, the two sons show up arguing about their fathers plan for them, one kills the other.
that is not what you call 'vaguely alluded to'

A guy I knew in high school called me at two in the morning after seeing it to say that he now understood what I must feel like whenever I drink too much and start turning into a Nazi.

I haven't seen it but anything that could make this soyboy want to gas people must've been pretty fucking horrible. It must've been like 120 days of Sodom, but probably without a coherent story.

she is sexay

Sounds like kino

The fact that you invest so much emotion into actually caring about people on either or spectrum says a lot about your attachment to this world. Charlatan.

She wears a see-through nightgown at the start of the movie.

Aronofsky you glorious hack

You're right, I'm sure the christian references are supposed to represent India or something.

>that braid
Come on, that's not really hers

>Christians wrote Genesis

lol

Le deconstruction of christianity by a jewish director meme

Fuck off schlomo

Oh, you're right again, the judeo-christian story of genesis is obviously supposed to represent China.

see
The only people who see biblical allegory as a negative are triggered christfags.

In a way, they did. If you take a non-linear temporal view of things.

Important question here, any new memes going to come from this?

Perhaps those people don't see the work as honest.

There was a random frog that came out of the secret hell room, maybe somebody can do something with that?

Tell me how bad is the baby murder scene?
I want to see it but my gf hates anything to do with child abuse

Lol I'm not even christian you tard, my point was that the "biblical allegory" was not a commentary on religion, just a representation of western society.

Sounds like you've got a winner. Put a bun in that oven.

You literally see the infant's eviscerated corpse.

EDGY

the whole god is a dick thing is not an original or interesting thought

i literally could have written this screenplay in eight grade

im glad i saw it though, last 25 minutes are a wild ride, even if it does just add up to psuedo intellectual edgy shit

Not bad. Baby is having a great time crowdsurfing and pissing on everybody then (((somebody)) with poor coordination forgets to support his head and the baby's neck snaps.

Then it does a weird time fade as mother walks through the crowd and dinners already over. I would have liked a "meats back on the menu boys!" scene with the entrails and shit being thrown everywhere to really nail it home but it pulled its punches unfortunately.

>I would have liked a "meats back on the menu boys!" scene
fucking kek

They are shit tier, saggy, moley not even cutely uneven yanomami tits

This... Saw it on opening night here and at first wasn't sure wtf I was witnessing.

But I think it was a pretty cool way of trying to see the world through god's perspective.

It was probably the most experimental Hollywood movie we've had for a very long time, and because normies prefer to watch garbage like IT, it'll probably be the last.

>pregnancy in a film with religious symbolism means it's ripping off of rosemary's baby
do you know how i know you're a pleb

>edgy high school Gnosticism

>creative

alright guy

pretty much this senpai

It's not a "god is a dick" film though. He clearly loved everybody, and Earth (Jennifer Lawrence) was simply his first love. He loved them all equally, 'cause he's god.

He only got mad once, at Adam and Eve in the beginning, for breaking his one rule to not touch the forbidden fruit (the glass heart in this case).

He wasn't a dick nor was he a narcissist, he was a man with an infinite amount of love, patience and forgiveness and wanted to share all his joys with everybody.

I can see why it's a really misunderstood movie though, most people are fucking dumb.

>he was a man with an infinite amount of love, patience and forgiveness and wanted to share all his joys with everybody

Honestly everything was her fault for thinking she was special.

She was and is special though, even though her form changed it was still her. There's no one like her, and no one could replace her.
She misunderstood his motives, and she wasn't wrong for feeling how she did. Ultimately though, he desired to give life to what was a lifeless earth, and we saw what that meant. The house had the entirety of humanity condensed into two hours.

I personally think it was brilliant.

1. The Fountain
2. Noah
2. Pi
4. The Wrestler
5. Black Swan
6. Requiem
7. mother!

What's with Arronofsky and the Bible? Even The Wrestler had some biblical overtones; the protag's name is "Ram", someone even calls him 'sacrificial ram', the Iranian antagonist, I didn't get what the movie was saying

Is that really worse than Martha, Tim, and Matt?

Pleb

He believes in god, so, there you go. Not sure why everyone assumes everybody is automatically atheist nowadays.

This movie should have made it clear that he sees god in a positive light than in a negative one.

Pleb taste.

Patrician

>portraying the consumption of the body of christ as eating dead baby parts
>by a jewish director who's faith literally has dick mutilation by a rabbi followed by the rabbi sucking on the mutilated baby dick as a standard practice

This movie is garbage

How will christians ever recover? Saw it last night. Movie is batshit insane. I can't think of any Hollywood movie that's even close to being as unhinged, creatively. If you don't watch it, you're literally the cancer killing kino.

On a more personal level, I thought it was also about Aronofsky's process of creating movies for the public while trying to maintain a public relationship mixed in with Jennifer Lawrence's real life public perception (invasion of privacy, people consuming her nudes, people calling her a cunt, whore, etc.)

>Not sure why everyone assumes everybody is automatically atheist nowadays.

Because theists, thinking their retarded logic is infallible, would never expect criticism of their gods to come from one of their own.

>People pass the baby
>Somehow its neck gets snapped
>She finds a baby's corpses that has been ripped after and picked to the bone with flesh everywhere
>people already have baby meat and are eating it
>she starts to stab everyone with a piece of glass
>everyone then grabs her and calls her cunt, whore and beats the shit out of her while stripping her
>God comes in and says, i know they killed and ate our baby
>b-but you need to forgive them of their sins
>FORGIVE THEM OF THEIR SINS!

THISSSS

t. brainlet
Explain what logic is infallible... Do you understand what infallible means?

Where was the criticism of god?
brainlets who can't into thinking see the film at face value and can't into abstract thought or symbolism, sad.

This is getting people so mad. Can't remember the last movie doing it on such a scale.

He's an atheist, you triggered checkmated basement dweller.

One interpretation of the film is that it's about how fame ruins relationships. Aronofsky was once engaged to Rachel Weisz, and is now dating Jennifer Lawrence.

>movie criticizes religion
>automatically assume he's judging YOUR religion and not his own

t. triggered christfag who can't enjoy anything produced after 1985

F

I'm just gonna tell everyone its about open-border immigration policy.

Which it is, from a certain point of view.

For Fake.