A 'Wheel of Time' series was announced in April. They said updates would be coming soon...

A 'Wheel of Time' series was announced in April. They said updates would be coming soon. May I ask: where are these updates, and what is the status of the television show?

It's SONY man, you don't want to see what theyre going to do to your beloved nerd shit

Heard they cancelled it

I sent the info :)
You're welcome

>its a sony rewrites the cleansing so that nynaeve manages to hold out longer than Rand does under the strain and it's her that saves the day and completes the cleansing when he passes out from exhaustion because otherwise twitter will boycott them for implying men are stronger than women even though they canonically are

That's bait used to get people to post. Not cancelled yet.

Oh, I figured they were trying to get people fed on.

Boobs of Time

Nynaeve is a much better character than Rand, in every way, so that wouldn't be so bad after all

Increasingly Plunging Necklines of Time

WOT, unlike ASOIAF, would NOT translate well into television, even if they had the budget for the crazy shit (which they won't).

This is gonna be a massive flop if it ever does get produced.

It's going to be animated, and Kaiji is going to challenge Mat to a dice tournament to decide the Dark One's fate. Rand will not be a character.

its cancelled for now

I kind of hope it is cancelled. Sony TV will fuck it up so much that it won't ever get another shot.
Needs a gigantic budget and an era where women won't cry foul over every single detail that doesn't benefit them.

Imagine trying to portray an accurate version of Elayne.. The women would riot!

they can't cancel it, I need to see Elayne's bathing scenes on screen ;_;

Which black actress will they cast for Elayne?

*tugs braid*

Rand is a great character.

>Andor based on Arthurian England
>wewuzknightsanshieeet.pdf

Why would they insist on making any of the "Randland" characters black, when they have a literal black Seanchan Empire across the seas with bigger armies and larger plots of land, who even invade large portion of Randlands and basically have Rand begging for their help against the Dark One?

You really believe that the Seachan Empire will be black if they appear in the TV series? They'll be a white supremacist empire like previous Hollywood tropes.
I'm just being real user, I'll guarantee that there will be at least a black Min or an Asian Moiraine.
There is no way they'll make an all white cast.

It wil be funny if they give the Aeil or Rand a racelift and leave the other their ornal colour.
It would be an excellent way of seeing if the producers even read the material

They can't do that if they follow the internal rules of the books. A circle between 1 man and 1 woman is always led by a man.

They don't even have to diverse this shit up though. Its completely diverse to begin with.

Tuon is as dark as they come.

Hmm if they were going to race swap anyone, I guess you could do min. It wouldn't really hurt anything.

>tfw no thicc forsaken gf

I find it odd that you decided to make this thread instead of googling for it. Oh wait, there is nothing odd about a paid shill trying to keep a project relevant on a board like this.

Fuck off.

Talking about Television and Film on a Television and FIlm board is not shilling, you absolute fucking retard

lol
>everyone that wants to talk about tv and movies are shills
the absolute state of Sup Forums

___ ___ _____ __

no

Wait, where did the tusks come from?

Also, to stay on thread topic, what does everyone think will be scene that Sony manages to mangle the most heavily?

I enjoyed The first and second book should i finish it?

tusk elefant is his uncle

the cleansing of saidin

yes, skip book 10

Cleansing saidin, the battle for the stone, everything in rhuidean, and unfortunately probably Dumai's wells, the one thing I want to see is "Asha'man, kill", but they'll prob fuck it up royally

>following the rules of source material in adaptations

Yeah, that happens.

skips books 7-11 and you will have a much better experience without the bitching of female characters.

Thanks
Also this show could have a GOAT intro
"The wheel of time turns and ages come and pass leaving memories that turn into legend, legend fades into myth and even myth is Long forgotten

Sony is so incompetent they'll make all of Forsaken black.

>bad guys
>black
I don't think so