Which character was more pathetic?

Which character was more pathetic?

Doug, Charlie Brown had two girls liking him so he's pretty lucky for an unlucky kid.

Dough is imho less likable.

Chuck had it luck.

The one who didn't fuck his dog dressed up like his crush.

did doug ever do anything like this?

I was going to say Charlie Brown, but then I remembered he had two girls after him.

I've been looking for an animated episode of this with the original Nicktoons cast from the Nickelodeon cable launch. it was 1979, or close to it. Doug hadn't given birth to his younger sister Judy yet, but as we all know, he would within days of the episode. the games were green screen as was the style at the time. one was Sonic, that much I remember. there might have been a Resident Evil too, and of course Call of Duty.

Doug, as most celebrity guests were, was awful at the games. he constantly died and then would look at the camera and give a "Dear Journal" speech. somehow. he came in second to Ginger Foutley, which I was surprised to see considering she had killed herself a few years ago. beating a pregnant Doug was still an accomplishment, as Judy was also given a controller and their scores counted together.

the animated Nick Arcades were hard to come by especially since most betamax players from that time were damaged in the nuclear war with the Soviet Union. still, I distinctly remember this episode and hope to see it again. I think Doug could have gotten more points in Sonic if he had used the spin dash.

Doug.

Doug had like one actual friend, not counting his dog, while Charlie Brown was part of the community of kids.

Arnold

Charlie Brown is doomed by the universe to suffer. It's out of his control.

Doug on the other hand is in complete control and everyone but Roger and his goons go out of their way to be nice to him and he still fucks it up.

So Doug.

>Charlie Brown is doomed by the universe to suffer
He said so, so it must be true!

I feel like charlie is because no matter what he does he gets beaten and unlike an anime. He's not going to win.

Charlie Brown also had a girlfriend back in camp.

No wonder Lucy is such a cunt later.

Charlie had some small successes (kissed by Heather, winning that one ballgame) in a sea of dogged determination in a sea of failures.

Every problem Doug had was because he didn't have the brains or backbone to do what he should have until 11 TV minutes had passed, and then whatever personal breakthrough he had evaporated instantly.

Charlie's unluckier, but Doug is more pathetic.

*from dogged
My proofreading sucks.

Just Two?

Peppermint Patty and Marcie both had crushes on him.

Violet had a love\hate relationship (Would love him one strip only to hate him next strip and vice versa).

PeggyJean was his girlfriend at Summber Camp.

Charlie Brown had a bunch of girls who liked him, his problem was that he was obsessed with the little red-headed girl, who he never talked to! He loved the fantasy over the reality that surrounded him.

charlie brown tries for his small victories

doug just gets them

I don't think that's Lucy.

Lucy had some bizarre introduction as a baby, and was then aged up to Charlie Brown's age.

read that last panel again m8

Oh yeah

Doug.

Charlie Brown is the personification of failure and depression while Doug is the personification of autism and beta spinelessness

Lucy is based on Charles M Schulz's ex-wife.

While they're married (50's) she a nice if unlucky girl who bad stuff happens to. Hence her catchprahse "Poor Lucy"

After they divorce (60's) she becomes a bossy loudmouth harpy of a character, or the Lucy we all know and love.

come here ya'h little faggot your getting it too!

>Charlie Brown was part of the community of kids
Yeah, and they all seemed to like him despite his attitude and costing them all the baseball and football games.

Charlie Brown was a pessimistic cunt back then.

What the fuck

wew

>implying Linus and Schroeder weren't for sure 100% Friends

definitely doug

Chuck would have a good life if he didn't enjoy being a depressed asshole. There is no hope for Doug.

what did he mean by this?

FUCKIN REKT!

Doug is based on its creator

And said creator got cucked out of his chance to score with the real Patty

Doug, by far. Changhei Ben at least talked to his friends about his problems. And they had problems too. Doug just moped around and had delusional episodes while everyone else had fun without him.

Doug also never stood up for himself. He just retreats into his delusional make believe world or his diary.

>"Look Jimmy, I've got boobs!"

No erection, no. This is wrong.

So what was the context for that?

I would like to know too.

Charlie Brown is an anime protagonist. He's a navel-gazing moper who doesn't notice the two girls after him (who are best friends; love triangle!) and has a little sister who's immature for her years who only ever calls him "big brother".

really makes you think

Except he was never destined for greatness.

>he hasn't watched Peanuts Z where Charlie is revealed to be Legendary Super Griefer

>mindlessly parroting things you read in Peanuts threads

Lucy being a "cunt" is 100% meme

My immediate answer was Charlie Brown, but I really liked the point sme user made earlier in the thread about how despite the fact that Charlie Brown knew for 50 years that he'd never kick the football, that his baseball team would always get blown out, that the kite would eat his tree, that Lucy would probably just pull the football away, every single time he just goes ahead and tries anyway. That takes a lot of gumption. Doug just constantly worried and moped over shit that, 9 time out of 10, turned out to not even be a big fucking deal.

wrong, lucy was always a fussbudget.

why am I saving this

Chuck had legit issues. Doug was just a pussy who was too stupid to realize what was actually going on around him.

The typical Doug problem is someone saying an offhand comment that he in his delusions blows completely out of proportion.

>A baby said his nose was big
>Patty made a joke about having Liver at a dinner that went over his head
>The guy who flicked my shirt is such a bully.

>turned out to not even be a big fucking deal.

EVERY

FUCKING

EPISODE

How many Doug problems where resolved by his actual actions? Almost every single time here's how it went down.

>OH NO IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD
>World doesn't end.
>Oh I guess I learned a lesson.

What I'm gathering from this thread is that Doug was just a retarded autist, so it's hard to call him pathetic when there isn't really anything he can do about it
Charlie on the other hand is a melancholic kid but doesn't have as many issues as he think, and despite everything keeps trying
It isn't a fair comparison between the two

Kind of the theme of the show, wasn't it? Cusp of adolescent freaking out is massive waste of energy, Doug has a normal, boring life.

That's the problem though. Even if you're just trying to do a show about every day adolescence that doesn't mean you can have your characters not actual contribute to the resolution of the story. The characters aren't engaging, they don't really move the stories, it's just non stop of boring shit that Jim Jinkings think is Oh so wacky.

The entire series is just Doug sperging out till the last minute or so when they resolve whatever issue in the most sloppy manner possible. It's a gigantic waste of time.

They're comparable in that they're both sad, basically sympathetic characters designed to be projected onto. Lots of comic and cartoon fans (sad white guys) can related to a guy with unremarkable hair who is basically okay at things but is crippled by his own insecurities, didn't have the guts to chase after a perfectly attainable girl who seemed like their entire world, discovers in rare moments that life is actually not a horrific shit pile and that most of the people in their lives are basically looking out for them. Your point about Chuck being a depressed guy in a world that's actually a little biased against him and Doug being a nervous guy in a world that's basically always ready to accept him is definitely not wrong, but I don't think comparing the two of them is wholly unreasonable.

Chuck, just like everyone else on Peanuts, can get REALLY passive aggressive and sassy at times

So yeah, Doug

That said I really like his series/character. Keep on hating, it had some really neat episodes, like the DC vs. Marvel parody. Shit was just comfy.

Also he got better on the Disney series, finally having some real problems instead of overreacting over stupid things

>That episode where all classmates got hypnotized by subliminal messages, promoting one highly addictive candy with terrible withdraw and side effects

Whenever I get an erection to this. I feel like saying: "Down, boy. Down, boy. It is no time to fap!" to my dick.

>and Doug being a nervous guy in a world that's basically always ready to accept him

AH! See this is the exact biggest issue I have with Doug. The world is already bending over backwards to accept how great and talented he (read Jim Jinkings) is and anyone who doesn't is just some asshole who misunderstands that fact but also deep down secretly want to be more like him.

Doug's a fucking webcomic. An outlet for the writer to go on about how misunderstood his talent is and how great he's going to be but "OH Look how humble and nerdy I am because I have a bully"

Doug is Andrew fucking Dobson.

I didn't even see it but I hear the Disney episodes kind of change that; Doug realizes his interest in Patty is mere infatuation and on at least one occasion he misjudges Roger, making himself look like a fool.

Reginald Barclay is the Doug of Star Trek.

Reg had to deal with a bunch of actual assholes though. Riker especially.

Fuck off, Mike!

You are right.

I don't how Doug lasted over a hundred episodes or why did I watch so much of it.

Never ever

I think you're in the wrong timeline buddy.

These show feels very "American" to me, it's hard to explain but their something very alien and outlandish about it.

I-is that it?

see

well charlie brown at least was right about everyone treting him like a moron
99% of dougs problems where in his head, the kid he thought was a bully was just a low-middle class kid who was a bit of an ass, i got into fist fights with other kids and then became good friends with them because boys are like that all the way to highschool
doug would have made the perfect sjw later in life making a shitfest out of dumb shit

The guy who used to bully me is my fucking boss now. He saw my name in the application pile and hired me immediately.

He is the best boss Ive ever had and I am about to buy a house.

That's kinda sad..

Why? The jobs great. He got really cool after high school and Im making good money.

What changed about him?

You gotta eat all the honker-nuggets patty

ALL. OF. THEM.

there was this little cunt in my highschool that made spider webs with a straw and glue ald blowed them to my hair and hid my bag between breaks, i got so pissed at him i hith in the face and he pushed me to the ground and choked me
long story short i visited him in the middle of nowhere when his dad died and he spent a week looking fter me after i tried to sudoku
fuck people who think masculinity is toxic, boys get violent, girls hate each other ofrever

Its funny because the Japanese consider Charlie brown to be a very traditionally Japanese character.

Nothing really. He just grew up. People change. Im a lot different of a person too.

there arent such a thing as bullies user but thats a hard truth to swallow for angry gay guys that grew up alone and feeling inadecuate

well I just always hate the whole "They're just jealous and are gonna end up flipping burgers" bullshit.

I am Italian.

Everybody talking about how they later became friends with the people that bullied them when kids is kinda make me feel like a monster, since i burned my bully's house down. In my defense i was a dumb teen back then.

They are the people young bullied kids fear becoming. You are the one they strive to be.
Let that sit with you.

I felt bad about what i did, though. That should count for something, right? I'm not a horrible person. I guess. I strive not to be.

sounds like me

(you)

Both of them are me I want to die I want to fucking die.

There are two very types of bullies. There are the mild assholes who are just starting shit for the hell of it, then there are the more violent ones who don't give a shit about whether or not they get into trouble. The later do usually end up dropping out of school.

Jesus fucking Christ. Learn how to write you fucking idiot.

This is way hotter than it has any right to be.

i love you too user
>troubled little kids are just monsters
ok

He wanted to practice asking Patty Mao out.

So he gets the idea to dress his dog up like her and practice.

Can't he just use a picture or a mirror like a normal beta?

Doug is the super sayain blue of betas.

Pictures is for the pleb beta.

Doug lived inside his head for his formative years while Charlie Brown, as much of a loser as he was, at least dealt with the heaps of shit that were piled on him.

Charlie Brown has a shittier hand, though, people are always ready to jump down his throat. He's less pathetic, but he also is much worse off.

fuck that shit

i would never type this, but youre a KEK

fuck that shit too

i take my vendetras to the grave