So why did Captain America stop giving war a chance?

So why did Captain America stop giving war a chance?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/b-EnE8y48Wo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Just like in the good old days of 9/11?

CAN'T STOP

I never got how a soldier could be so anti-soldier. Most people I know who either active or out of served, may not agree with wars, but understood what they signed up for or put their foot in.

Did Captian America serve during 9/11?

From my incredibly limited amount of knowledge regarding Cap, it's because he's written to resemble the american ideal rather than a real soldier.

Because he actually fought in one.

He's not anti-soldier, he's anti-war. Huge difference.

Who's the anime dude suppose to be?

nothing more pro-soldier than being against pointless wars

This. The last war that was justified was WWII.

Even then it's kind of a hard sell. WWII was only justified if you bought into the Wilsonian idea of pushing for global liberal democratic hegemony. From an amoral perspective, it would have been entirely possible to focus on liberating France and forcing Germany to sue for peace on the western front in order to focus more on fighting in the east.

This of course ignores the fighting in the pacific, which was almost entirely justified, unfortunately. Japan was an irrational actor on a systemic level, and even if we had been conciliatory towards them before the war began, we still would most likely would have gotten into war due to their imperial ambitions clashing with our own hold on the Philippines.

The invasion of Afghanistan was justified.

Of course, we fucked up by invading Iraq too.

>The invasion of Afghanistan was justified.

And then the fucker we were looking for ended up being in a different damn country.

The Taliban government aided and abetted his attack on the US. That was an act of war.

The Pakistani government has plausible deniability.

The Pakistani intelligence agency, ISI, is in all likelyhood as guilty as hell, but their elected political leaders are incompetent and clueless.

>korean war wasn't justified

Don't forget Saudi Arabia.

youtu.be/b-EnE8y48Wo
Skip to 4:00 and enjoy. I would recommend watching the whole film if you're a anime gore fan

I'm pretty sure Geist just straight up CANT STOP since he's been either genetically engineered to be the best soldier possible or was once a normal soldier who was augmented to be something of a fail-safe against the nexrum army.

Geist fights because it's what he was born to do and he knows nothing else, which would maybe be tragic if he wasn't such a complete bastard.

Are the comics any good?

The former, actually. As the best soldier possible, he followed the Regular Army's original orders by unleashing the death force and eliminating the rogue colonel. Of course, since the Death Force kills indiscriminately, Geist fights them too, until he realizes that he can use them against the traitor Krauser. Geist isn't really a "character" in as much as he's an unthinking, unfeeling killing machine, much like the Terminator. That's what gives the OVAs that untapped spark of genius, because it's taking a clearly inhuman character and presenting him in a human light.

Also on the comics: They're not canon and they also aren't particularly great.

He got too sexual about it

>he's an unthinking, unfeeling killing machine, much like the Terminator

I got that impression, he doesn't really give a shit about that girl who tags along with him, even when she's all over him. I always though he activated deathforce because he just wanted more things to kill, like in the beginning of the second OVA.

You ever seen "Soldier"? It's pretty much live action Geist with much tamer violence and Snake Plissken in the lead role. It's about as close to a new Geist project as we'll ever get. Ohata still works in animation right? He did Sigma 6 a few years back iirc.

The last fucking thing I expected to see on Sup Forums today was Geist.

IMDB has his last work being some magical girl anime in 2011, and I haven't found anything related to him since.

>beleiving any of this shit

Americans are a different level of brainwashed.

As in G.I Joe Sigma 6? I rather enjoyed that show.

>The invasion of Afghanistan was justified.

Wouldn't that have been Saudi Arabia?