This was so inept I'm not even sure what it was supposed to be. Some half assed attempt at political commentary?

This was so inept I'm not even sure what it was supposed to be. Some half assed attempt at political commentary?

Why do you keep watching this shit show then?

Because I'm a huge faggot.

A thanksgiving special you fucking idiot

Just wait until we get to the episodes they started story boarding after the election

No it was just a story about family.

Steven's uncle was right.

why did they shit up Lapis' personality that much?

Because the agenda comes before the show itself.

No. They made like two jokes about Andy being an old fashioned jingoist guy and then the episode solely focused on his relationship with the gems and family.

>let illegal immigrants into your "barn"

How.

>that fucking Lapis """joke"""
Cringe af
At least they made her cute

>ah, what? They're vegetarians too?
>don't worry Steven, I'll get you a stick of pepperoni for your birthday.
Kek'd

as in "the noble gayfaggot settlers tell the old white man they are taking over and if he refuses the fat kid will cry"

Inept at what? It's a show aimed at kids, and the message is "this Thanksgiving you may suddenly get relatives showing up that you don't agree with. Try to see things from their point of view and find some common ground".

Not a bad message.

It was showing how its hood to just get family together besides heir differences.

Christ, American conservatives are so easily triggered.

It's not about you. It's not about whatever you think it's about. The episode is literally just about moving on and coming together as family. That's it. At no point is Andy a one-dimensional bad guy, nor is he ever really wrong, and the show doesn't present him as wrong. Just sort of tired and lonely, which is a personal trait, not a political one.

It was a thanksgiving special with less money

Please don't lump us with them. The people getting triggered are only the autists on/co/

I'm rather conservative and I thought, besides like 1 or 2 lines it was pretty much just a standard Thanksgiving episode.

Having Carl voice Andy really makes it hard not to take his side. If you replaced the Gems with the Aqua Teens and made the same argument that Andy is the bad guy or somehow in the wrong, it doesn't work. The only reason people think Andy is wrong here is because the heroes of Steven Universe are the crystal gems, and Andy is a character introduced as a threat to them.

The crystal Gems work a little too perfectly as Aqua Teen Villains. Random women aliens that are actually sentient rocks projecting a solid holographic figure that, sing, have a deepest lore backstory that nobody really cares about and occurred THOUSANDS OF YEARS AGO, like to sing, and live at the Jersey shore

I'm just hoping Andy to make Steven a less girly and soft snowflake character

The show does fail pretty strongly in acknowledging the importance of having a male figure in ones life. Greg might be a nice guy, though he isn't really something Steven should aspire to

Ahh, no, what the. WHAT THE HELL IS A GIANT HAND DOIN IN MY POOL! Take your singin rock alien asses and get your drill the HELL OFF MY LAWN

The way I saw it was a suggestion for mutual give and take when millennials have to enjoy the holidays with their "shitlord" relatives, that even short-sighted traditionalism is rooted in love.
Rural flight is also a pretty real phenomenon even to this day, those turning back to agriculture still want to remain in urban areas, and those who do remain in rural areas as everyone else floods to the cities do feel deeply abandoned.

>Andy Anderson from Life with Louie with Carl's voice

^This

I don't get how people are so triggered over this episode

For the shipping, of course!

>Not a bad message
the lack of subtlety is the problem

In the interest of fairness, you really can't exclude the "lets all riot over the election" level crazies on, say tumblr. The kind who got triggered by Andy's mere existance.

>mfw it turns out Steven Universe was Sugar's personal Aqua Teen Hunger Force fanfiction this whole time

It took us 3 years to find out, she certainly likes to go for long cons huh

Eh, we all know there would have been riots either way.

Both sides have their regressive, violent assholes.

there is no way she didn't get high in art school to that shit

Shut the fuck up and go away

>Just sort of tired and lonely, which is a personal trait, not a political one.
This. Jesus Christ. His problem in the episode is that he's old and lonely. That's it. And Steven reaches out to him and wants to connect with him as family, letting him know that he doesn't have to be lonely.

yep, he was right to learn a lesson and give the barn to someone who needs it :)

OH SHIT THERES A NEW EP?

I NEED TO WATCH

What are you talking about? Greg has done what he loves for most of his life, is stinking rich and still doesn't let the money change him, I would fucking love to be like him

Why is there a need for subtlety? Especially if the message is for kids

Avatar did the same thing, when the people moved into the air temple and Aang was pissed. That show acknowledged that he was right to be pissed though he made the right decision to let them stay in the end. This is exactly the same thing except Andy is made out to be some conservative strawman

subtlety about what? Love your family ?

I want art of Peridot and Lapis paying a form of rent with sexual favors.

Especially if it includes Peri taking a potato up the ass.

You, uh... basting that turkey today?

Wew, for a SoL non game changing episode it sure triggered conservatives pretty hard

>marriage
>GAY weddings
>IMMIGRANTS

worthless ep overall.

This is one of those episodes people just project stupid shit on

conservatives see this episode as anti-conservative because they know the show is liberal and they have a victim complex so if something disagrees with them it must be trying to demonize them

>yfw SU found a way to troll EVERYBODY regardless of political views
Becky Sucrose is the puppet master.

Ya'll need to chill

This was a fun ep, and I'm just glad they finally sort of addressed the fact that Steven's human side can feel isolated with all of the gem shit around him