What does Sup Forums think of the Islamic Golden Age?

What does Sup Forums think of the Islamic Golden Age?

Other urls found in this thread:

academia.edu/5789655/Islamic_influence_on_western_Architecture
youtube.com/watch?v=wHU5EPeZLkA
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gothic_architecture#Possible_Oriental_influence
thenewatlantis.com/publications/why-the-arabic-world-turned-away-from-science
youtube.com/watch?v=NKYLS6XOxs0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What? The age before islam?

Didn't happen.

What does Sup Forums think of the 9th Mexican Empire?

Didn't happen.

Not as based as the 8th

Fun fact: Islam saved thousands of Ancient Greek works by translating them into Arabic before they were lost. Aristotle owes the survival of his knowledge to the present day to Islam.

>Islamic Golden Age

>WE WUZ GREEKS N SHIET

You know that cathedrals drew influence heavily from Islamic architecture

We owe islam because islam saved some classical works from islam?

No they fucking didn't you dumb ape.

Which draw influence from christian churches.

FIRST POST
BEST POST
OP IS TOAST

The what now?

>doesn't know about the Christian monks

No wonder mohamad ali converted to islam, its the OG we wuz religion.

Actually, Christian monks were the ones destroying ancient Greek/Latin literature because it hurt their feelings. Only a small portion of ancient knowledge survived because the monks cherrypicked ones that weren't in conflict with Christianity and destroyed the rest. Islamic scholars on the other hand were more open minded.

academia.edu/5789655/Islamic_influence_on_western_Architecture

And Roman Architecture.

No they weren't. They bastardized it.

>academia.edu/5789655/Islamic_influence_on_western_Architecture
>literally some college student's essay

HAHAHAHAHAHA

>academia.edu/5789655/Islamic_influence_on_western_Architecture

This is piss-poor writing and child-tier analysis. I bet you wrote this you fucking idiot.

This, they may have been altered but they didnt burn the books. Also many of the monks kept the works alive by painstaking rewriting the old works to evade physical degradation.

>mohamad ali converted to islam, its the OG we wuz religion
aye, and because niggers are stupid.

>before they were lost
yeah, to them. Islam destroyed a lot more of the classic civilizations culture than it saved.

Let's look at the "Islamic Golden Age".

Where did it come from? Funnily enough, not from Islam. The Koran was the first book written in Arabia. Architecture in Arabia consisted of mud huts. MuḼammad's house was made from mud bricks; an average man could stand up and touch the ceiling, and a curtain served as a door. Arabic culture was barely Iron Age, with its only art being poetry.

So where did the learning come from? Islam crushed Christian, Zoroastrian, Buddhist and Hindu cultures and brought some of the scholars all together in one culture. Scholars of these cultures created an intellectual surge called the Islamic Golden Age.

It was kafirs who created this so-called Golden Age - Islam took the credit. We call our numbers Arabic numerals. But Arabs got them from the Hindus and took credit. We should call our numbers Hindu numerals.

It was Christian dhimmis who translated Greek and Roman literature for their masters. Later, this material was translated back into Greek and Latin, Muslims got the credit for the work. In short, Islam got its knowledge just like it got its wealth from theft & violence.

Islam cannot sustain any intellectual effort. Their own scholars cant do the work due to the limitations of the dogma of Islamic thought.

What were the Muslims able to do with the little knowledge? Not much. What did they do with glass? Make pretty windows for their mosques.

Europeans took glass- made microscopes, telescopes as well as stained glass. What did the Muslims do with mathematics? Not much. They combined the mathematics of the Greeks and Hindus and created algebra. And what did they do with algebra? Nothing. When it came back to Europe, the Europeans created calculus and physics

A list of great Arabic scholars reveals that many on the list were Christians with Arabic names. The best Muslim scholars turned out not to be very Muslim, and their works were later demolished by Muslims who were true to the real knowledge of Islam: the Koran

They didnt even make tacos. Go home

they like appropriating Muslim names because they think they make good black names. Never mind that the Arabs enslaved blacks centuries before European colonialism was even a thing

myth

...why were they lost?

Didn't they destroy what was left of Carthage after the Romans left?
I know nothing of classical history, since the only important things in the past happened with the advent of gunpowder in Europe. Everything before is shit.

I'm not a historian nor an architect but i know there is an Islamic influence on Gothic architecture there isn't much to read online about it.
But here's a video that does talk about it if you have the time, faggot
youtube.com/watch?v=wHU5EPeZLkA

>he doesn't know about the Irish Monks

Sand Niggers get filthy rich and spend all day digging up old scrolls and diddling with other people's instruments and cutting up dead peasants and end up passing it all off as a "golden age", despite making no real contributions to society that weren't already sitting in the dirt.

>Wow

>The best Muslim scholars turned out not to be very Muslim
pic very much related

bretty good senpai

did you guys like the third danish imperial dynasty?

Didn't happen.

>still no real evidence
Hey guys my blogger said that the sun is flat

Mostly not islamic but persian and ancient Indian knowlege.

>9th century Islamic fedorafags

what in god's cock?

Dark Ages. Dark Ages

Dark Ages

I think it's too bad that Arab civilization drifted away from that paradigm. Had they stayed that course, I bet the Middle East would have been a better place.

>Persian Golden Age
fixed

I told you there isn't much to about it online read a book or something. but here's wiki article if that's what it takes to convince a fag like you
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gothic_architecture#Possible_Oriental_influence

Yep. Exactly!

Stolen from byzantine

It is basiclly the arabian "WE WUZ KHANGZ"

>possible

*yawn*

except they don't take credit for the pyramids and claim that Ancient Egypt was an Islamic society

they were glorious days for the middle east, but now the middle east has buried in a dark age, and has been so for the past few centuries

exactly this

It was an advanced civilization. Superior to Europe is some respects. But that's all gone now. The arab world is a cultural wasteland now.

>possible
>(((wiki)))

wow your sources are top notch

I-don't.

but they were kangz, they occupied europe, africa and asia. one of the largest and most successful empires of history, whereas germany could't even keep its empire alive for a single century

What about "WE WUZ PHILOSOPHER KHANGZ"

where-is-proofs-desu?

kek, that works. My history professor said that the Arabs translated a lot of Aristotle's work, but I'm not sure how accurate that is

Calling it islamic is a fraud. Arab scholars did their works in spite of pisslam, not thanks to it.

KANGS BTFO

B T F O
T
F
O

truly makes one think

Look at the data in this time, warm regions could feed way more People so they outnumbered the europeans. In the feudal age, "contries" were much smaller, so it was Hard to organise defence. Germany was never plant as an Empire Germany, guess why it is hated by the kayaks, it is only for germanic/nordic people defined by blood on the soil they inhabited since generations. The aim was never to get other people somewhere in africa under their rule or give them our values. The colonial stuff was a big mistake and many Germans knew this. Read some Carl Schmitt he discribes it with the words "tellurisch" and "atlantisch".

except they literally wuz kangz and had civilizations long before whitey.

the difference with nigger kangz is niggers literally never did anything except build a few sand castles and tiny pyramid imitations.

>What does Sup Forums think of the Islamic Golden Age?

I think the mongols had the right idea about how to deal with them.

>"Iraq in 1258 was very different from present day Iraq. Its agriculture was supported by canal networks thousands of years old. Baghdad was one of the most brilliant intellectual centers in the world. The Mongol destruction of Baghdad was a psychological blow from which Islam never recovered. With the sack of Baghdad, the intellectual flowering of Islam was snuffed out. Imagining the Athens of Pericles and Aristotle obliterated by a nuclear weapon begins to suggest the enormity of the blow. The Mongols filled in the irrigation canals and left Iraq too depopulated to restore them."

This guy puts it best in my mind.

thenewatlantis.com/publications/why-the-arabic-world-turned-away-from-science

They stole the stuff from Byzanz (eastern Roman Empire), this was fromer greece and conclusivly Owned many of the ancient greek texts. I have had long debates and read a lot of stuff i believe i'm not quilified enough, but i doubt that there is a consensus amongst scholars from what i noticed, about which amount of academic work was done by arabs with these Texts.

its like u don't even know about the ottoman caliphate. lost cause detected

Not what we nower days Unterstand when we use the Terminus technicus "civilization", because the first civilization that reached those criteria, would be the hellenic.

ottoman-empire-was-real-and-based-beduin-delusions-of-past-empire-aren't.

You would call them proto civilizations. To use the correct Term. And this is no wonder because with the technics avalible to this time only in warmer regions a Porto civilization was Even possible.

when will this meme end?

In some way christians did set technology very back.
>Christian Roman emepor Jovian burned entire library of Antioch
>Emperor Theodosias with "saint" Ambrose made it a law to destroy pagan literature and pagan temples even statues (especially those of past pagan Emperors)
>At Alexandria christians destroyed Serapeum(The last of library of Alexandria) Even savagely kill scholars like Hypatia
>They even outlaws olympics and burned golden statue of Zeus by moving it to Constantinople
Not saying that all christians did that but christians did really fuck up the west for quite a while
Like Irish monk preserved a lot of scrolls
The fact is christianity cucked the west for a while

islam had nothing to do with it, control of the vast trade wealth of medieval asia did. they also caused the dark age in europe

None of those civilisations are Arabic.

based if only it stayed like that

You could argue about the persians because they became arabic and there are some claims about the arabians (normads) and jews (normads) being offshouts from the mezopotamian (persian) one.

Would this be possible today?

It was good while it lasted. Islam would have been much more influential in history and not fractured into the shitty mosaic of extremists we have today if it hadn't been rekt by the Mongols.

>Didn't happen.

>cathedrals drew influence heavily from Islamic architecture
It is the other way around, retard

Brought to you through the quasi-persecuted/co-opted Zoroastrian and Christian populations of their Empire and their lineage.

fpbp

not familiar with it m8; do go on. I'd rather hear about that than listening to arabs saying
>WE WUZ MATHEMATICIANS
>WE WUZ ARCHITECTS
>WE WUZ PHILOSOPHERS
>WE WUZ ENGINEERS

Islamic Architecture incoming.

biased as shit

looks comfy

youtube.com/watch?v=NKYLS6XOxs0

>Islam
>golden age

Arabs just steal Greeks texts that we haven't

God grant that those minarets come down and the Hagia Sophia is restored to its original majesty.

It was pretty based until they fucked it all up.

Lol gr8 b8 m8 8/8 now go deton8 yourself

kek

Lmao. There was nothing Islamic about it. AFAIK a new caliphate wanted to embrace Islam. That ended the so called "Islamic Golden Age".