So... who ran the better campaign?

So... who ran the better campaign?

Has Penguin ever run for mayor in the comics?

I can't think of any times but I'd be surprised if he hadn't given that him being a criminal but no-one can pin anything on him to get him put away is a vibe they keep returning to

No, it seems to be a live-action only trope

That recent election special had him do a Trump parody, promising to build a wall around Gotham.

Only in the comics based on Batman: The Animated Series, where he actually became mayor for a while. But that never came up in any of the animated series, just in the comics, so I'm not sure if it's DCAU canon.

Gotham Penguin capitalized on people's fears and insecurities but he did it by taking a firm stance on a serious issue. He's the only one of the three who I am certain won legitimately (unless they later reveal it was a lie).
I don't remember the details of Returns Penguin's campaign other than it relied heavily on sympathy and lots of funding with maybe a sprinkle of Batman blaming.
66 Penguin was all flash and no substance, his campaign was nothing but empty promises and catchy slogans, but he managed to win even when Batman himself ran against him.

he was the mayor in Batman: Earth One

Why does the Penguin always run for mayor in live-action?

The current one.

I'm honestly surprised they had Harvey run for mayor in Telltale instead of Oswald. Though I'm sure he just wanted specifically what the Waynes had and nothing more.

Considering they had plans for Penguin in Beware the Batman and the mayoral position was left in the air, it wouldn't have surprised me if he ran as well had the show continued.

>so I'm not sure if it's DCAU canon.

It's doubtful. In Batman Adventures there was a Superman team-up with Superman having his 90's long hair. That was probably rendered noncanonical once Superman TAS rolled around.

That was done by different writers, though.

I consider the later run of Batman Adventures (the one with Slott and Ty Templeton) to be canon, since it doesn't really contradict with much and even fills in some holes left by TNBA (Selina's black hair, green Ivy, etc.)

>The moment you realized the Hillary expy was played just as bad if not worse

>Dent vs. Cobblepot for Mayor

I'd read/watch/play it.

That was a lovely and true to life twist.

>lets make the penguin into a trump reference that'll be funny
But what if he wins?
>don't be silly, he'll never win. Don't you want to be on the right side of history
People keep saying that but, you never know
>I do know for a fact that 90% of Americans have the same mindset of a rich hollywood liberal and we are with her
Ok then

Man, Penguin has such a history in politics.

Meredith, of course.

Ya know that Batman guy won't even kiss babies? I don't want a shady jerk like him running MY city, no sir.

If you actually read the book youd realize not!hillary was a sociopathic murderer who got arrested at the end. But no spout shitty memes from your safe space where you dont have to read anything that might disagree with your politics

>his campaign was nothing but empty promises and catchy slogans, but he managed to win

Glad to know 66 Batman continues to be relevant to this day.

I like how the right one makes him more handsome than he actually is.

It's amazing how much difference a good haircut and angle can make.

>they even make him talk like Trump

jesus

The story of her rage fit after finding out she lost is great.

I didn't know Penguin became a good guy

>crooked/shady people in politics

Why is this surprising to you?

Just as accurate today as back then.
youtube.com/watch?v=l63SRpGXBHE

Not the good guy, just the lesser of two evils.

For once, Boco has patrician taste.