What Lovecraft story do you think could work well as a Netflix adaptation? I think pic related

What Lovecraft story do you think could work well as a Netflix adaptation? I think pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7BnOUOkcr9c
youtube.com/watch?v=-yAnVNy27co
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

blood in blood out remake

Shadow over Insmouth. Fishman should be easier to make than outer space tentacle mania

The Shadow over Innsmouth

Cool Air

TV series adaptions are overrated and all suffer from becoming incredibly dull after giving in to shit pleb normie audiences

this story was already done perfectly

everything netflix puts out is painfully mediocre at best, or trash at worst
re-animator was good as is

How could you adapt that? Change it from practical effects to bad cgi and add some messages of social "justice"? Modern TV couldn't improve on that film.

With Lovecraft probably none
It's literally about you imagining your own scary monster based on your fears, shaken up with some spooky LC context
TV shows dont know any subtlety so it wont work

The one that inspired Fishing Hamlet in Bloodborne.

>not set in correct time period
>adds new characters
>doesn't explore locations
I love the film series, but I still don't think a real adaptation has been made.

Doesn't have to have any cgi, just set in the correct time period with correct characters and theme.

fuck off shill

Modern television couldn't possibly do that. They would tailor it to young American people. It would be completely retarded and lowest common denominator shit.

>implying this isn't the best and most accurate adaption

youtube.com/watch?v=7BnOUOkcr9c

>a real adaption
books =/= film
different mediums need different production
re-animator was as good as you can get

Netflix adaptations don't work.

You don't work

what u gonna do about it wagie

Ur mum

Colour out of space bis story, but don't know how well it would work as an episode.

either colour out of space or rats in the walls

How would you depict the colour?

the most lovecraftian one

>See thread
>No mountains of madness
fucking plebs

It's never getting done anyway

Do you want this shit all over again you plebs? You can't adapt most Lovecraft to film because the creatures are meant to be near impossible to comprehend.
youtube.com/watch?v=-yAnVNy27co

>You can't adapt most Lovecraft to film because the creatures are meant to be near impossible to comprehend.

Try reading one of his stories sometime. The guy goes into great detail describing what most of his monsters look like.

Wait, isn't this the one where the guys apartment is super chilly then it turns out he's undead? How the fuck are you gonna pad that out?

With the way characters react to certain creatures you can't effectively translate how terrifying they are meant to look like.

You can easily translate a story like Shadow over Innsmouth to film. The characters reaction isn't purely what he's looking at but the implications of what it means and in the story, his fucked up family history.

Doesn't he only discover that when he travels back from Innsmouth?

I think so yea, pretty sure he passes out seeing a fish-man in full moon light and then looks into his family history and fucks off to the ocean.

Did you hear what he said about the niggers? Liberals would never allow one of his stories on their precious Netflix

Fuck off if you're not contributing anything useful to the conversation, cuntflap.