I really think this might was hurt by the fact that it's getting such high praise

I really think this might was hurt by the fact that it's getting such high praise
It's just a decent adventure/horror movie
From the way everyone was talking about it I thought there'd be something that's worthy of in depth analysis that produces results more disturbing than the film itself, something like we saw in The Shining
Instead it's a pretty good modern horror movie. I don't know, I liked it but I can't help but feel let down

Oh, oh is it our turn to talk? Okay then nice blog

Would you rather I have just said "does anyone else feel like" or some other Reddit bullshit?

>pennywise does an anime cape shit landing on a coffin
>metal plays during rock fight
>et soundtrack during parts that should be scary
>young mc, nkotb meme music
>outside of richie, kids are props in (a.d.d.) scare vignettes
>character development is better on a made for tv movie
>movie bowers is a faggot compared to tv bowers
>pennywise sounds like a polish janitor
>commie industry narratives have all the heart and warmth of eastern bloc architecture

it was hurt by being mostly shit.

Maybe you could have posted in the other 6 IT threads, you special snowflake. Fucking whore.

Should've just been an Adventure film. The horror felt forced and wasn't even scary, and more than half the time was ruined by goofy CGI.

Also the book is nonsensical, so maybe next time use some decent source material.

Normies are easily excited, and stuff that's only slightly interesting will blow their minds like it's the most exotic thing they've ever seen, since they're not pushing the envelope of experience and storytelling when it comes to media. Normies will watch IT and say 'holy shit, a feeling of childhood dread against an incomprehensible monster? This is the sickest shit I've ever heard of', whereas someone like you or me will experience and enjoy the good movie, but are very used to idea likes that, since we're familiar with the ideas as a whole subgenre. Normies minds are blown but everyone else knows this is just another version of a certain type of story.

The painting lady and the leper especially felt like a kid's movie being "creepy."
It's the kind of thing you see in Goosebumps

I don't think the story was the problem as much as the way it was told
If they changed as little as having a steady camera and less music the movie would have gone from a 7 to a 9

>being this contrarian

Its like I'm on Sup Forums again.
Besides it was a fun movie I would give it a 7.5/10 desu senpai.

It's a flick for normies who like """the movie experience""" and like seeing films with their friends, gasp loudly, hold their friend's arm at the scary parts, and then talking to all their friends about the movie. People flabbergasted by this flick are the same ones filling up the theaters for Star Wars and Spiderman HC.
What I'm saying is it's low-brow because it's market-tested to appeal to a broad range of people, and specifically people who are gonna be impressed by what they feel and recommend it to all their twitter and fb friends.
That's ok too. It's just not made for you.

What would you say is a good horror movie then?
Besides nigger there was more than horror in the movie.

>There was more than horror
That's the problem. Not every genre works together.

Dunno. I don't like horror movies.

What the fuck do you like about watching movies then?

I found it to work well together also the comfy scenes of the kids hanging out together and the camaraderie they felt for eachother was touching.

Nigga why do you come here to complain about a genre you don't care about anyway?

i had posted a thread on Sup Forums about my opinion that the movie felt like goosebumps cross stranger things but no-one responded

18+

Nah, there's still Bev.

The scenes with her father were fucking uncomfortable good thing she glassed the cunt.

very sexay. thankyou for this

>metal plays during rock fight
>metal
>rock fight
Dunno, seems pretty convenient to me.

I thought her story was just right.
Right after sweet talking Ben, the story follows up with her soon enough.

It made it into a Nickelodeon kid's movie

welp what did you expect from a campy horror comedy based on a book written by Stephen fucking King?